Author Topic: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 31 Jan 21  (Read 25280 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 12 October 19
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2019, 12:37:42 AM »
I just got caught up on your story. Your rival dynasties are moving like wildfire!
Pretty sure I'll be changing my mind now and then but right now I'm Team Alien because....Jonathan.
What a surprise, by the way, when Jonathan's father got pregnant after being abducted.
I'd always thought the Senior Pollinator Technician could only get to non-alien males. Good to know!

P.S. If you're using Widows, you can use the PrtScrn feature to capture the UI though it's a clunkier process.
@reggikko says she can capture the game UI in screenshots using Frapps.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2019, 09:09:28 AM »
Thanks Oshizu, 

I have occasionally used screen print but you're right, it is clunky.  Will investigate Frapps though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2019, 09:52:25 AM »
Was really happy to see Joaquin cured of vampirism!  Even happier to see him married to the lovely Dawn.  Adorableness in the person of faith.  Is there anything cuter than toddlers?  She certainly aged up to be a successful beauty.  Missed reading the whole thing about the alien abduction and subsequent birth so that was good to see as well.  Who knew even aliens could be abducted and impregnated?  You're moving along nicely and have great story lines going.  Don't know which family I like more!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 26 October 19
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2019, 06:31:53 PM »
Saul Week 3 (as narrated by Jacob)

I achieved a lot this week, becoming a teenager helped.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Did you know that it's fun to mess with the Slayer's family?

First I messed with her daughter, I mean I really messed with her daughter.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Then I got peckish while out clubbing and ate her husband, not the tastiest meal ever but in many ways more satisfying.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Faith wasn't the only girl I kissed, you know I can be quite charming when I want.  I kissed a few boys too and definitely enjoyed messing with their heads.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The messing around helped alleviate the boredom of school and work (I got a promotion in both thank you), but I know that in the future I will need other options so I went fishing to see if I could catch the ones that get away, and to get into the right mood I started practising yoga.  Now I can sit with Zen-like calm in the centre of a chaotic hurricane of Sims, or maybe like a spider in the middle of it's web while all the little Sims get caught.  Hmm, I think I see a life of villainy ahead, Father will be so proud.

Father's achievement this week was to get a promotion at work and start growing a Death Flower, oh and he became a Master Vampire, choosing Influence Emotions and Immortal Pleasures as his tier 5 powers.  More importantly Mother painted masterpiece portraits of me in both Sim and Dark form, proving I'm handsome as well as charming.  Once I've collected a suitable contribution, I'll add them to the family museum at Grandfather's house.

Oh, you were wondering about the house layout? Well as you can see, I have my own small room for practising yoga and romancing Sims, other skill building happens in the main warehouse and The Family live in the basement where the food is not allowed to go.  The only one who eats downstairs is Sans, but he's weird at the best of times.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

At the end of this week, I have a B grade in school, I'm at level 2 in my job (fast food), I have completed the first of my life's aspirations (Serial Romantic), made an enemy in the Slayer's house, reached level 4 in Wellness and level 3 in Fishing, and have both my portraits ready for the museum. Father is a Grandmaster Vampire with a complete Vampire Garden (although the Death Flower has not yet given us a flower), and is at level 7 of his career.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2019, 08:54:29 PM »
The return of your UI!  PrintScreen or Frapps?
Saul accomplished so much in a week!
Great job on smooching your way to the Player bonus trait, Saul!

How are your three bloodlines progressing relative to each other?
Are they generally keeping pace or is one considerably ahead?

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2019, 10:50:15 AM »
@oshizu, I was using screenprint and paint because I couldn't be bothered to learn a new programme.  As far as bloodline progress, Vamps & Slayers are roughly level but Aliens are about a week behind :(

Jonathan Week 2

It was Mckinley's turn to make a report this week, thankfully we had gone round to visit and were able to brief her before she was transported.
While we where there, Ariadne took charge of the necessary development of her brother Augustus (darker skin) and my half-brother Apollo (paler skin), and was able to age them up to toddler before we left.  We are contemplating moving them in with us to complete their education.

There were many useful developments for Mckinley to transmit to home-world.  I had completed all the required upgrades on the rocket ship, and with some intense negotiation managed to persuade The Wishing Well to grant me 4 promotions at work.  I am now at level 6 in the native space programme and garanteed a promotion at the end of my next working day.  It is interesting to study the development of space travel on this planet and compare it to the historical records of our own early space-faring days.

I also aquired control over hunger and tiredness as is usual for our species.

The continuation of our genetic line is going very well. Our daughter Eva aged to a toddler partway through the week and learned all the necessary skills of that age-group in an acceptable timeframe.

She very swiftly worked through the requirements of the 'Social Butterfly' certificate and will almost certainly follow me into the native space exploration programme.

Her transition to the next life-stage happened during a local festival known as the 'Winter Feast'.  In the interest of learning as much as possible about the customs of this planet we joined in the celebrations.  It was a vey enjoyable experience.

Her first decision in this new life-stage was to study the culture and environment of the people in the vicinity of our land.  To this end she will work to become competent in the cultural skills of Singing and DJ Mixing, and will collect samples of the local minerals, flora and fauna to compare with the ones from home-world.  She will also collect either space rocks or animals while practicing for her space-pilot exam.

She made a start on these tasks by singing in her room.

Accordingly, 6 weeks after Captain Aaliyah became stranded on this planet, I have completed all the tasks expected of me except reaching the top level of my career, and Eva has started the complex set of tasks required of an adolescent.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 20 November 19
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2019, 01:20:32 PM »
That was some fancy footwork with your alien bloodline!
Teen Eva is gorgeous but so are her parents, Jonathan and Ariadne!
Love how she got J's dark skin with Eva's blond hair!
I'm #TeamAlien so I'm glad to see that they are catching up!  Yaaayyyy!

(Like you, I never learned Frappe and good thing for both of us, since it's incompatible with Windows 10.
Thankfully, we can take UI screenshots with the in-game camera again!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 20 November 19
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2019, 06:41:28 AM »
Dawn Week 3

We made nice steady progress this week, nothing spectacular but plenty of achievements. I got 2 promotions at work and am now the Most Valuable Player on the team. 

Joaquin got 3 promotions and has just taken up his new position in the San Myshuno Symphonic Orchestra. 
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Siobhan is now a Futures Trader.

Faith worked hard at school and improved her grades greatly during the week

She still leads a very active social life. In fact she gets on so well with Siobhan that they declared themselves best friends.  She has also added her good friends Chi Falk and Aminah Nahas to the Hunters club.

Her practical skills are improving too.  She has taught herself to cook and can produce the most amazing meals, and she has tried lots of different activities while doing her Scout badges.

Happy New Year everyone

At the end of this week, Dawn needs 1 more promotion and to prove her abilities by slaying 3 vampires.  Faith needs 1 scout badge, a second skill, a second enemy and her museum collection.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 21 December 19
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2019, 05:24:59 PM »
Saul Week 4

It's amazing what a week of hard work can achieve.  It's even better when spiced with a bit of luck. I made it to the top of my career due to this combination.

Jacob finally knuckled down and worked hard at school, job and skills.

He also started creating his own vampire offspring.  His first choice was poor Hakim, who was 'slain' by Buffy a few weeks ago.  His second was a random female stall vendor.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Ulrike also got some promotions

The weirdness surrounding Sans continues.  He disappeared in a flash of light only to be returned a few hours later.  Unfortunately he seems as erratic as ever.

Jacob thought the strange people in the eastern district were responsible for Sans' abduction and took it out on the teen in the family.

I wish mother was still working as a stylist, because I saw this the other day, oh dear.

We also had some very strange weather, Tarsus was the only one brave enough (or foolish enough) to go out in it.  1 sim got struck by lightening and Caleb lost his umbrella.  Soon afterwards Tarsus came back inside.

Jacob will be leaving home soon, everything is done except finishing his museum collection and he is eager to start his own life.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 21 December 19
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2019, 06:27:45 PM »
The vampires are doing so well!
Gratz to Saul and Ulrike on maxing their careers!
That shot of the female vamp in her hospital gown with gloves and shades cracked me up!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 24 January 20
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2020, 06:13:57 PM »
Jonathan Week 3

At the start of this week, Ariadne was summoned to home-world.  Apparently government officials are becoming concerned that we are not progressing fast enough and wished to express their concerns most forcibly to one of us in person. 

I took some time to inform Captain Aaliyah of this development while practising a logic puzzle popular on this planet.

With the admonitions of home-world ringing in our ears, we all dug into our tasks.  Ariadne herself gained 2 promotions and painted portraits of Eva in her natural form and in the disguise she uses on this planet.

With the aid of the wishing well along with my own hard work, I attained 3 promotions. I am now the chief law enforcement officer for an entire sector and just 1 promotion away from running the whole Space Ranger service.

Eva continues to meet the high standards expected of her.  The local education system has acknowledged that she is working at the highest possible standard, and she has passed her grade 5 singing exam.

Her first foray into working life resulted in 2 rapid promotions putting her at the top level available to an adolescent.

Her ongoing explorations of space have gained her several creatures for study.  During these studies she discovered a way to re-animate a lifeless sample and now has 5 live creatures to care for. These will eventually be added to the collections on Captain Aaliyah's home lot as evidence of Eva's abilities.

This week has not been completely easy for her though.  One day the weather took a strange turn and she was struck by lightning.  It made her very sleepy.
Another day she got into a fight with an adolescent from a different neighbourhood.  The reason for this fight was never fully explained but appeared to have something to do with a strange transformation that occurred near our dwelling.

Our crew-mate Maddison has had a most tumultuous week.  She became emotionally involved with a male from Sixam which resulted in them signing a progeny creation contract. They were far more successful in this than any of us could have imagined and we now have 3 juveniles in the house.
She also gained 2 promotions at work.

At the end of the week I was able to report all these achievements to home-world but I get the impression that they are still not satisfied.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 17 February 20
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2020, 02:28:27 PM »
Dawn Week 4

Last week's steady progress set us up for this week's celebrations.

First we celebrated Nicolas's birthday, he just made it to Top-Notch Toddler before he blew out his candles

Then we celebrated 3 promotions, one for Joaquin, one for Siobhan and one for me which included my entrance to the Athletic Hall of Fame.
< [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Faith celebrated becoming leader of her Scout pack by finishing one last painting.

After that Buffy called a gathering of the Slayers, and we went hunting.

One vampire was foolish enough to knock on my door, so I quickly took care of her.

We tried The Bronze Muckery, but had no luck so we headed to the local cemetery where we found a random male vampire

The next night we returned to the Cemetery where we found Rania.  Buffy had cured her once, but she had been turned again so this time I did the honours.  Faith watched the fight carefully and took notes.

My time as slayer was over, I had proven my worth and gladly passed on the baton to Faith.

Faith Week 1

I admit I took the mantle of Slayer with a heavy heart.  The thought of committing to just one job and one partner makes me feel very uneasy, although I'm looking forward to dealing with those horrid vampires.

However Mum insisted, so I added my collection of paintings to the family museum, took control of the Scooby Gang club and became a young adult.

Chi and I already had a good relationship and he was happy to move in.   
Knowing the Slayer line has to continue, we got cosy & I got pregnant.
< [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Then I invited round Aminah, baked her a cake and she too became a young adult. 

The money she bought in when she joined the household paid for some serious expansion of the building and the rewards from my promotions helped furnish it.

Watchers note:
And with that the Slayers officially take the lead by 3 days and loads of value in the family museum.

Credits: Cemetery – The Simwood Graveyard by ChajaRedbird (no cc museum)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 17 February 20
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2020, 02:43:12 PM »
I have been rooting for your Aliens, but the Slayers are such an attractive bunch!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 01 March 20
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2020, 06:35:49 PM »
Thanks Oshizu, I do seem to have been fortunate with the sim genetics.  I wonder what Chi's chin will do for the next generation.

Jacob Week 1

I am furious, how dare that Slayer cure my Rania, the woman I have chosen to be my wife.  I will get my revenge.  Oh you won't see the fury on the outside, no my anger runs cold and calculating, and very, very deep.

As soon as she visited, I asked Rania to accept again the gift of the vampire and she was very willing to comply.

My next job was to add my pictures and collection to Grandfather's museum

Father was less than amused when I demanded control of the family club, but he couldn't deny me.

So with everything in place I aged up to Young Adult and left home to take charge of my life.

Rania moved in and brought her cousin Khaled with her, and the 3 of us set about our tasks.  I joined the Secret Service and gained my 1st promotion. Rania joined the law career and got her 1st promotion and Khaled worked hard on his promotion tasks.

I started creating more offspring, and encouraged Rania to do the same. In due time we saw our new offspring display their true glory.

In due time also, our 1st born son entered the world.  Adam, the first man, the name of the glorious creation of both God (if you believe in him) and Professor Walsh (BtVS season 4).  I suspect though, than in order to regain superiority over the Slayers, he will have to walk a more Sim-friendly path.  I will think on this during my meditations and make my plans.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Thanks to the meddling of those unusual Sims in the eastern neighbourhood, our 2nd son was born a few hours after Adam.  We have the chance to send Damien back to his mothers people, but I feel we may be able to make use of him. 
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

My second promotion came while Rania was having a meal with one of her offspring, and Khaled even managed 1 promotion.

It is now the end of the week, Adam has just aged up to toddler, I am half way through my career, my garden is flourishing and I have finished my aspiration.  My revenge continues.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 01 March 20
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2020, 09:51:33 PM »
Jacob got so much done during his first week AND he even gave birth to an alienboo. o.O
Go Jacob!

If a vampire is cured and then turned again, what happens to their vampire rank and perk points (or perks)?
Does the vampire regain their original vampire rank and all their perk points (or perks)?