Author Topic: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge  (Read 94110 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #255 on: March 01, 2021, 06:18:31 PM »
Hello!

I completely forgot to post my entire score of my SimTech Dynasty for the leaderboard.

No Tech: +2 sims
Low Tech: 0
Mid Tech: 0
More Tech: +1 sim
High Tech: 0
Total: 3 sims

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2021, 08:43:34 AM »
Question! Can your sim families move to a different world in, say, mid tech? I’m in Windenburg right now, but want to move to either brindleton bay or maybe sulani. If not, I’ll make do.
they/he pronouns please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #257 on: March 02, 2021, 12:09:52 PM »
@Auranaris

From the general rules on page 1
You may move your household to a different lot at the beginning of each era. You may use any lot traits, but you can't change them until the next era. You may also add community lots as they become allowed. Before bulldozing community lots, you might want to add them to your Library for use later.

From the No Tech Era rules
-- if you choose to start on Sulani, your Sims will have to stay there until the More Tech era). Bulldoze all the other lots, residential and commercial in that town. Your Sims' shelter should resemble a cave.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2021, 06:25:49 PM »
Hi, just poking my head in to say that if anyone wants good historical CC check out Medieval Sims Tailor. Lots of good clothes for the sim tech dynasty. hopefully that helps somehow! :)
they/he pronouns please!

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #259 on: March 18, 2021, 05:37:28 PM »

Hi all;

Great, addictive challenge, really. :)

Playing - Low tech - atm, (2nd era), completed the No tech era - cave zone as founder's duo, "Fitness, Charisma and Singing" for one, "Fishing, Parenting" for the 2nd founder. The mid part of 2nd era nowadays, going to post after completion. (2 of aspiration's seemed to me, to be achieved at 3rd era, i think, too long to finish in 7 - 10 days.)
So, i posted my score for No Tech part as 2. (Congrats to simmer with score 1, requires too much micromanagement.) :) Sul sul to forum members - players.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #260 on: March 18, 2021, 07:26:20 PM »

Hi all;

Great, addictive challenge, really. :)

Playing - Low tech - atm, (2nd era), completed the No tech era - cave zone as founder's duo, "Fitness, Charisma and Singing" for one, "Fishing, Parenting" for the 2nd founder. The mid part of 2nd era nowadays, going to post after completion. (2 of aspiration's seemed to me, to be achieved at 3rd era, i think, too long to finish in 7 - 10 days.)
So, i posted my score for No Tech part as 2. (Congrats to simmer with score 1, requires too much micromanagement.) :) Sul sul to forum members - players.

That's the good thing about this one. You can pick the aspirations you want to do and the others can be done in another era. Good luck Noyo

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2021, 08:44:21 AM »

Thanks sdhoey. :)

Have a couple of questions, about strategy: (About rules, im clear, i think :) )

1-) No tech era, had trouble to raise - fix hygiene. in the net, i did read that swimming in pools, skinny deep, kiddies summer pool item add hygiene, tested all actions in other game files, but none of these worked at all. "Shower in the rain" interaction was available for my dynasty sims, but nothing happened every click attempt i tried. So; Island Living - Sulani is good for hygiene need? its the unique expn. pack i do lack. :D (i could test myself otherwise)
2-) i need a method, simple trick to divide fruits off my sims inventory. Example: gardener sim has 35 strawberries, want to distribute the fruits to family members, 7 - 8, or 9 - 10 to each sim. i do this putting items on the ground or surface one by one, frustrating, lol.

A trick i discovered, note - remember skills, aspirations requirements to get one after next era, level to 6, 7, 8 or 9..., (aspirations to 4th or 3rd part), complete noticeably faster in next era.

Thanks in advance for answers, this weekend i try to complete monthly challenge (ends tomorrow), going to follow this forum - topic this week, see you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #262 on: March 20, 2021, 01:10:53 PM »
Thanks for the idea!

i'll definitely try to play this. Should i install mods tho? or CC?

The rules say no mods. Some CC is okay.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2021, 02:01:47 PM »
Updates, if needed will be coming, please be patient and give us time to play test the new content and make our decisions.

Thank you

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2021, 02:49:25 PM »
With Cottage Living and some of the recent packs added, we've made a few changes:

In the No-Tech era, you may add a pond to your Sims' home lot. You must use the Off-the-Grid Lot Challenge.
In the Low-Tech era, you may add chickens, llamas, and cows. Again, you must use the Off-the-Grid Lot Challenge, and the Wild Foxes Challenge if you have Cottage Living. Your Sims may get the knitting skill.
In the Mid-Tech era, you may move your Sims to Henford-on-Bagley. You must use the Off-the-Grid Lot Challenge, and the Simple Living Challenge if you have Cottage Living.
In the More-Tech era, your Sims may vacuum and do cross-stitch. You are not required to have any lot challenges. You may have the Haunted type of residence, and your Sims may work on the Medium skill.
In the Hi-Tech era, your Sims may use Plopsy, and they may become Interior Designers.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2021, 03:27:38 PM »
Update:

When starting your dynasty, if you are offered this by the game, you must decline the offer. If you have already accepted one, that is fine. If not, starting today and going forward, you must DECLINE that offer.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Emmariley192

• Nooboo
« Reply #266 on: November 08, 2021, 09:52:38 PM »
Hi,

Can i ask whether the content from discover university could be included e.g could they be allowed to go to university and complete the associated aspiration for the mid-tech era? Or are you not adding new pack content now. Thanks!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #267 on: November 09, 2021, 01:31:17 PM »
@Emmariley192: hey there, I'm gonna check our discussions about it because I feel like we brought up Discover University at some point. If we haven't then it'll either be in Mid Tech (and probably just University of Britechester for that one) or More Tech.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Emmariley192

• Nooboo
« Reply #268 on: November 09, 2021, 01:42:12 PM »
@Emmariley192: hey there, I'm gonna check our discussions about it because I feel like we brought up Discover University at some point. If we haven't then it'll either be in Mid Tech (and probably just University of Britechester for that one) or More Tech.
Thank you!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #269 on: November 11, 2021, 07:47:46 AM »
Added:

In the Mid-Tech era, Sims may attend the University of Britechester, but not use computers. In the High Tech era, they may max research and debate and get the Academic aspiration.