Author Topic: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge  (Read 97245 times)

Offline Emmariley192

• Nooboo
Re: The SimTech Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #270 on: November 18, 2021, 01:00:51 AM »
Hi,

I had a lot of fun doing this while waiting for the big dreams dynasty to start. My score was:
no tech: 2
low tech: 0
mid tech: 1
more tech: 1
high tech: 1
Total: 5 sims

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #271 on: March 16, 2022, 05:59:20 PM »
Hi,

I had a lot of fun doing this while waiting for the big dreams dynasty to start. My score was:
no tech: 2
low tech: 0
mid tech: 1
more tech: 1
high tech: 1
Total: 5 sims

@Emmariley192
A very belated (and embarrassed) congratulations on completing your SimTech Dynasty.
If your challenge run meets all the requirements to qualify for the Hall of Fame, be sure to contact the Challenge Team so you can be inducted!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2022, 06:00:01 PM »
Important

Yesterday (March 15, 2022), a patch was released that included a new Neighborhood Stories System.
Specific dynasty challenges may require fine tuning of the Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings.
For the time being, please completely disable NSS by going to your Manage Household screen and clicking the green icon on the upper right corner.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #273 on: April 01, 2022, 10:21:55 PM »
Additional Rules related to the Neighborhood Stories System for The SimTech Dynasty Challenge
  • At the start of a new or existing dynasty, go into Manage Households to select your global Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings. The default is all NSS settings set to ON.
  • You will need to select NSS settings for both "My Households" and "Other Households." Your NSS settings for "My Households" will not affect your active household.
  • Similar to setting up your dynasty's world at the start of a save, selecting your NSS settings is a one-time process.  Subsequent changes to your NSS settings are not allowed nor is changing NSS settings for individual households.

A Suggestion, Not a Rule
You are only allowed a one-time pass at choosing your NSS settings.
We advise you to load a file other than your official dynasty file to play-test the NSS settings to check how they work before you actually commit to enabling or disabling global NSS settings for your dynasty's world.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #274 on: June 16, 2022, 12:30:34 PM »
Good afternoon pack,

As with all new packs/EPS, please give us time to purchase and test the pack for use in the Dynasties.

Thanks your local Alphas.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Occult
« Reply #275 on: July 04, 2022, 02:09:30 AM »
Decided to give this another go and have my setup all ready...mostly.
A lot of new stuff has come out since this launched and i'm not sure if some things are considered okay or not.
- can we set a lot to tiny-home?
- since we can go to uni before we can use computers, are we allowed to write term papers?
- are mermaids and other non-vampire occult states allowed after founders? can my founder eat the kelp and become a mermaid?
- during no-tech can I still have a goaled date with my spouse since there's no option to have it non-goaled?
- is it fine to disable dust and or animal/livestock aging?

In the Second post, one of the rules says 'Sulani (note -- if you choose to start on Sulani, your Sims will have to stay there until the More Tech era)'; does this mean moving to another lot in general, moving to any other lot on Sulani or any travel at all including Granite Falls during Low Tech?

Lastly, the spreadsheet doesn't let me select knitting until mid-tech, a I allowed to count it for low-tech as one of my skills?

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Occult
« Reply #276 on: July 05, 2022, 08:25:15 AM »
I just had a sim autonomously age up three times all the way from toddler to young adult. Should I use a cheat to de-age them back down to being a child where they should be, or leave them as is? [low-tech]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #277 on: July 05, 2022, 11:31:54 AM »
I just had a sim autonomously age up three times all the way from toddler to young adult. Should I use a cheat to de-age them back down to being a child where they should be, or leave them as is? [low-tech]

Yes, You may do that this time.

Shannon

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #278 on: July 09, 2022, 04:03:46 PM »
Rule Edit (In era-wide rules in the first post)

Based on further experimentation with the Neighborhood Stories System (NSS), the rule regarding NSS settings has been changed as follows:

For a new or existing SimTech Dynasty, Neighborhood Stories System settings are Player's Choice.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #279 on: July 16, 2022, 04:53:24 PM »
May we start this challenge in Moonwood Mill? I thought it would be a good post-apocalyptic setting.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #280 on: July 16, 2022, 05:22:41 PM »
May we start this challenge in Moonwood Mill? I thought it would be a good post-apocalyptic setting.

I am getting the intel on this as I type. Just hang on and I will update you.

Shannon

@reggikko disregard that. That is fine.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2022, 05:38:40 PM »
Thanks, Shannon!

I am getting the intel on this as I type. Just hang on and I will update you.

Shannon

@reggikko disregard that. That is fine.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #282 on: July 28, 2022, 12:48:50 PM »
Post-Patch Alert

The latest update (June 26) has introduced a bug where, when you are playing on Short or Long lifespan, your sim will automatically age whenever coming out of CAS.
You are advised to take a break from your SimTech Dynasty until the devs release a hotfix for this auto-aging bug.
If you have already experienced this bug in your SimTech Dynasty challenge, feel free to exit without saving or roll back to an earlier save, then then wait for the hotfix.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #283 on: July 31, 2023, 11:25:27 AM »
I have been playing the Tech Dynasty for a while. But playing with seven sims and completing their tasks gets quite stressful at times. That’s why I have decided to take on this dynasty as a bit of a breather.

I will not be playing for points since I have decided to play an era per generation. So, a new era begins when the heir becomes young adult if the requirements have been met. And the older generation cannot contribute to the new requirements.

I have a couple of questions concerning the aspirations:
-   As far as I can see you cannot complete any of the child aspirations during the No Tech Era. So, does the no changing aspirations rule apply also to the children?
-   Since High Schools Years you are offered the chance to pick an aspiration both on the teen birthday and on the YA birthday. Can we change aspirations when a teen turns YA even if the previous aspiration has not been completed? In my game, I am not going to start working towards the requirements until the my sim becomes young adult.
-   And what about the spouses’ aspirations: If I happen to marry in a spouse with say Musical Genius aspiration in the Low Tech Era, can I change the aspiration to something appropriate for the era in question?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #284 on: July 31, 2023, 01:32:54 PM »
I have been playing the Tech Dynasty for a while. But playing with seven sims and completing their tasks gets quite stressful at times. That’s why I have decided to take on this dynasty as a bit of a breather.

I will not be playing for points since I have decided to play an era per generation. So, a new era begins when the heir becomes young adult if the requirements have been met. And the older generation cannot contribute to the new requirements.

Okay, but changing things around means that this will not be eligible for the Hall of Fame.
[qupte]
I have a couple of questions concerning the aspirations:
-   As far as I can see you cannot complete any of the child aspirations during the No Tech Era. So, does the no changing aspirations rule apply also to the children?
-   Since High Schools Years you are offered the chance to pick an aspiration both on the teen birthday and on the YA birthday. Can we change aspirations when a teen turns YA even if the previous aspiration has not been completed? In my game, I am not going to start working towards the requirements until the my sim becomes young adult.
-   And what about the spouses’ aspirations: If I happen to marry in a spouse with say Musical Genius aspiration in the Low Tech Era, can I change the aspiration to something appropriate for the era in question?
[/quote]

Aspirations really don't matter until you get to the Mid-Tech era. I'd say don't change the childhood aspirations, pick something for the teen that can be worked on as a YA, and don't change the spouse's aspiration.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.