Author Topic: Move To Graveyeard: Not So Berry Legacy  (Read 8335 times)

Offline ShyLilSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
Move To Graveyeard: Not So Berry Legacy
« on: October 22, 2018, 10:47:12 AM »
Hi everyone! This is the first story that I am posting here so please lemme know if I make mistakes. I loved playing LilSimsie's Not So Berry Legacy Challenge and wanted to share my story with you!

I may slightly deviate from the rules of the challenge because this is supposed to be a fun challenge without any scoring system...and also because I like bending rules xD As for the story, well most of the story is going to be about the founder and the heirs, but I might add a few chapters from the perspective of other characters.

Without further ado, meet my founder sim: Minty Berry

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Chapters List
Generation 1: The Pepper-Mint Letters
           Chapter One: The First Letter
           Chapter Two: Promotions, Celebrations, and Humiliations.
          Chapter Three: Love Already?

Offline ShyLilSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Not So Berry Legacy--The Pepper-Mint Letters
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 11:16:00 AM »
Chapter One: The First Letter

To: [email protected]

Dearest Pepper,

At this point, I am not even sure if you are actually getting my emails in whatever ancient Selvadorian temple you are hiding in exploring, but I thought you would like to know...

I AM A SCIENTIST NOW!

Okay okay so I am not a scientist yet, I am only an overworked and underpaid Lab Technician--but I got the job Pepper! I got into FutureSims Lab! I was a little worried if they would take someone as inexperienced as me, especially since I am still getting my degree from a community college in Oasis Springs. But here I am. I guess they must be really low on manpower or something.

And yes, I am now in Oasis Springs. I know how you always hated this place, you always wanted to see more of the world than rolling, barren deserts, but me? I love it here.

Even if new home (my very first house that I own) is...well..a bit of a dump...

But a little bit of renovation and some very careful, budget-sensitive planning can make any place feel like home.

And of course a rather attractive and friendly neighbor helps too.

That's Johnny Zest, my closest and only neighbor within walking distance here in Bedrock Strait. We hit it off immediately--he is sweet, and charming and very friendly...though his jokes could use a bit of originality.

What kind of shoes are made from bananas skins? Slippers.
What kind of rooms have no walls? Mushrooms.
When is a door not a door? When it's ajar.
What happened to the boy who drank 8 cokes? He burped 7-Up.
Why do golfers wear two pairs of pants? In case they get a hole in on

And on and on it went...until it was 8pm and I had to invite him to stay for dinner. And what do you know? I didn't set the house on fire.

We had grilled cheese. It was delicious. He said so several times on his way out. He is a little too clingy, but I guess being the only other sim in Bedrock Strait must get very lonely. I understand it. I feel very lonely here. Please write to me soon?

With love,

Minty.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 12:39:34 PM »
Ooo!  This is great!  Looking forward to more of Minty!  And Johnnie is one of my favorites!

Offline cerulle

• Llama Wrangler
    • Cerullean Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 12:42:24 AM »
Congratz on the start of your story!
Minty's a beauty! And I love the letter-writing format of your story.
Looking forward to the rest of the legacy! ;)

Offline ShyLilSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 08:32:39 AM »
Ooo!  This is great!  Looking forward to more of Minty!  And Johnnie is one of my favorites!

Thank you so much! I love Johnny too! He is such a fun and easy going sim; I love playing him and making my sims befriend him.

Offline ShyLilSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 08:53:19 AM »
Congratz on the start of your story!
Minty's a beauty! And I love the letter-writing format of your story.
Looking forward to the rest of the legacy! ;)

Thank you so much! I am a little afraid it might get monotonous at some point though :( I am a huge fan of your Golden Legacy story! Can't wait to see what happens next with Jin and the fam!

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 10:49:01 AM »
The letter format is a cute way of carrying things across. Minty's choice that when a man sits on your couch and tells you bad jokes for a while, that's the surest sign there should be a dinner date, as you do, is pretty cute. I like Not-So-Berry challenges (though I think if I ever did one, I'd want to change... A lot? I like being able to decide my own narrative arcs too much! So I get wanting to change stuff here, yeah)  so I'll be looking forward to this!
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 02:17:57 PM »
Best wishes to you and Minty and the Not-So-Berry Challenge!
Beautiful founder!

Offline ShyLilSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 12:27:56 AM »
Chapter Two: Promotions, Celebrations and Humiliations

To: [email protected]

Dearest Pepper,

If you ever do decide to get a real job and settle down somewhere, instead of foraging into the unknown and making a living out of selling frogs and fishes and dug up rocks (I swear I am not judging you, but you gotta be more realistic if you want to pay the bills), keep one thing in mind:

Food from vending machines suck.

Especially if you are a vegetarian. All they have are faux BLT and some chewy pastries.

VERY chewy pastries.

Awful lunch options aside, work at FutureSims Lab is a lot of fun, even if it's mostly just mixing not-so-harmless serums...

(I promise the Red Serum doesn't do much...it only makes you feel like punching a wall)

...chatting with the Inventor Bot...

(because even a robot needs some love and attention. That TOTALLY makes sense)

...creating SimRays with said Inventor Bot....

(Yes, now just a little to the left...no, not there! That's YOUR gear. Don't laser beam yourself you stupid bot)

(Man I sure hope this is working cause I can't see anything in this smoke)

(Well what do you know? It works! Now we just have to test it)

Hey Leeland! Say "Cheese!"

Don't worry about him, my friend. He will melt out of it soon enough. I think.

After only a week of doing this same routine, yesterday, I finally got my first promotion! Definitely an occasion to celebrate right? I invited some of my colleagues to hit the Solar Flare lounge with me, but they didn't want to come. I guess they didn't really like it when I turned Leeland into a popsicle.

So sensitive, I tell you. It was just a practical joke!

Anyway, so there I was, sitting all alone at the bar and sipping a glass of sparkling Granite Falls Grappo Bianco when I noticed the woman standing behind me in line.

Lily Feng! THE Lily Feng! She has always been such an inspiration to me, with the way she single-handedly went from being an owner of a small start-up business to becoming the CEO of Dewey Cheatem & Howe Inc. I quickly finished my drink and gathered up my courage to introduce myself.

"Hi there! You must be Lily Feng! I am Minty Berry, such a pleasure to--ohh, you are leaving."

That's right Pepper. She just turned around and walked away, pretending I wasn't standing right in front of her. 

It was so embarrassing! I still can't believe she actually did that! But you know what? No way was I gonna let some snobby rich sim ruin my night! So I decided to drink the rest of the night (and my humiliation) away.

I may have gotten a little too far though.

Yeah, let's just add that to my list of Let's Pretend This Never Happened.

But you know...something good might have come out of it. See that guy in the back? The one in a black shirt and red tie, flexing his neck muscles (yep, he was flexing his neck muscles...but more on that later) behind a very horrified looking Victor Feng?

That's Marcus Flex. And while I don't really remember anything much after my spectacular performance of noob level pole dancing, I do remember this:

I know better than to expect anything to happen from this of course. He left before I woke up in the morning, and I haven't heard from him since last night. But that's not the point.

The point is that I learned two valuable lessons. One: don't freeze your colleagues if you want them to like you. Two: don't drink out of embarrassment cause you will only end up embarrassing yourself more.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

With love,
Minty.

Offline ShyLilSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 12:39:32 AM »
The letter format is a cute way of carrying things across. Minty's choice that when a man sits on your couch and tells you bad jokes for a while, that's the surest sign there should be a dinner date, as you do, is pretty cute. I like Not-So-Berry challenges (though I think if I ever did one, I'd want to change... A lot? I like being able to decide my own narrative arcs too much! So I get wanting to change stuff here, yeah)  so I'll be looking forward to this!

I agree! I don't really like following rules because I love watching a story unfold during gameplay. At least the rules in Not So Berry are fairly flexible compared to other challenges. I would love to see your take on it if you ever decide to give it a try!

Offline ShyLilSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 12:41:58 AM »
Best wishes to you and Minty and the Not-So-Berry Challenge!
Beautiful founder!

Thank you so much!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 01:33:48 AM »
Oh my XD I do love Marcus. He was a pollinator in my IDC once upon a time lol and he was great to have in the house. Hope Minty sees him again!

Offline ShyLilSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 03:30:01 AM »
Oh my XD I do love Marcus. He was a pollinator in my IDC once upon a time lol and he was great to have in the house. Hope Minty sees him again!

I love him too but he is SUCH a sleazeball. In one of my saves, he married Candy Behr and had three kids with her...and he also had two kids with Yuki Behr HIS SISTER-IN-LAW (they were bf/gf idk how) and he also impregnated Penny Pizzaz. All in one single save game. Busy man.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 09:56:31 AM »
Both Marcus and Johnny are real sweeties. And Minty is great! She's off to a good (if slightly embarrassing) start.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ShyLilSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 08:49:01 AM »
Both Marcus and Johnny are real sweeties. And Minty is great! She's off to a good (if slightly embarrassing) start.

I am loving Johnny the most honestly. And lol yeah Minty is so awkward but she is always such a happy sim, esp when she is trolling the forums XD I have had the most fun playing with her, mostly because of her personality.

anything