Author Topic: Is there a way to get an alien "Father Winter's Baby"?  (Read 6035 times)

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
Is there a way to get an alien "Father Winter's Baby"?
« on: July 31, 2018, 03:11:32 PM »
In my testing, whenever I added Clement Frost to my household or to a lot, he lost his Father Winter "status" and his babies no longer had the Father Winter's Baby trait -- in fact I don't always get the trait when getting a sim pregnant normally on Winterfest, so maybe I'm just unlucky. Does anyone else have this problem?

Anyway, I'd like for him to have an alien baby. I could use MCCC for this, but maybe someone here could come up with a vanilla way of doing it?  ;D

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Re: Is there a way to get an alien "Father Winter's Baby"?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 03:32:58 PM »
I think the simgurus said if you marry/add him to your household a new father winters is spawned so he stops being father winter

Maybe having an alien mother and a father winters father could have alien father winters babies?
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 03:40:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum @mousef ;D

Hahahaha, I haven't tried anything with Father Winter yet, though I've also been thinking of subjecting Father Winter to something unnecessarily devious and silly.

In my game, Father Winter moved in next door to the Bedlington Boathouse but I evicted him.
If you moved him into a house, that would definitely increase the chances that he CAN get abducted. <-- Sorry, I reread your original post and you said placing him in a lot doesn't work.
Could you play him, while trying to get him abducted and pregnant?

And @sdhoey had a sim in her legacy household move out on his own, after which he joined an unplayed household, got abducted, then gave birth to an alienboo.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 04:12:03 PM »
Maybe having an alien mother and a father winters father could have alien father winters babies?
Sadly, this only seems to produce hybrids, who don't have alien powers or disguises. I don't suppose there is a way to "alienize" Father Winter?

Welcome to the forum @mousef ;D
Thank you, oshizu  ;D I'm enjoying you Sharebears legacy immensely

If you moved him into a house, that would definitely increase the chances that he CAN get abducted.
Could you play him, while trying to get him abducted and pregnant?
Like wa-wa-world mentioned, after you move the current Father Winter to a house (even an empty one) a new one spawns and the old one becomes unemployed. I saw some people on reddit saying they got children with the trait even after Clement Frost was no longer Father Winter, but while playing him and getting him abducted via MCCC, none of his alien children had it. I'll keep trying though, and report any weirdness that comes from this ::)
My favorite sim ever was a supposedly impossible (and VERY glitchy) full alien-vampire hybrid that I got by having Caleb Vatore get abducted while on a Dark Ley Line lot. She had both sets of powers and only one alternate form, and every time I had her remove her alien disguise she looked different! LOL

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 04:25:58 PM »
@mousef
I'm using MCCC in my Sharebears legacy, as you already know.
Father Winter moved in Bedlington Boathouse on his own (well, probably thanks to "Fill Empty Houses" combined with MCCC's Population module).
In fact, my butler and all the nannies are autonomously moving into lots. The butler and nannies still work as expected.
I didn't notice a "new Father Winter" spawning before I evicted the first Father Winter from Bedlington Boathouse...

So mysterious! And yes, keep us posted! (And thanks for the kind words about my absurd story)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 03:37:53 PM »
On a related note, I added Clement Frost to my favored households and an ugly randomly generated townie took over his role as Father Winter immediately. I had hoped to use Clement in some breeding experiments, but not as an ordinary Sim. Boo-hoo :-\
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 12:50:52 PM »
On a related note, I added Clement Frost to my favored households and an ugly randomly generated townie took over his role as Father Winter immediately. I had hoped to use Clement in some breeding experiments, but not as an ordinary Sim. Boo-hoo :-\
If you edit Clement Frost's household, then immediately remove him from favored households (without playing), he seems to retain his Father Winter role (his kids made in CAS don't have the trait, but you could make him able to get pregnant this way). Otherwise, yeah, he gets replaced by some rando :/

As for my alien Father Winter's Baby experiment, here are the results:
  • Getting Clement Frost alien pregnant via MCCC did not result in babies with the trait
  • Using MCCC to make humans and aliens have alien babies instead of hybrids did not result in babies with the trait
The problem here may be with MCCC itself. See this post on the official forums detailing someone else's tests: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943726/father-winter-baby-no-special-trait

However! Not everything is lost. This is how I finally got it to work:
  • Use for this an Alien sim that can get pregnant. Arrange for a Father Winter visit, either in Winterfest or by creating your own holiday (you don't need a fireplace, if you don't have one he'll just show up by your mailbox)
  • Then, with MCCC enabled (make sure you have the Sim Menu active on the settings), click on your visiting Father Winter: MC Command Center > Sim Commands > Alien-ize sim
  • Save your game, exit, and disable MCCC (I usually just rename my Mods folder to Mods_). Open the game again and proceed to seduce Father Winter and try for baby. It is recommended you don't ask him to be your boyfriend, as this seems to cause issues getting the trait sometimes
  • Keep MCCC disabled until your sim gives birth, hopefully to a full alien nooboo with the Father Winter's Baby trait  ;D
Of course, if you still want Clement Frost to have babies via alien pregnancy (MC Command Center > MC Pregnancy > Start alien pregnancy), you can always give them the trait via cheat: traits.equip_trait FatherWinterBaby (teastincheats on)

This whole post is very weird  ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything