Author Topic: Season weather in different worlds  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Season weather in different worlds
« on: July 26, 2018, 06:31:50 PM »
Hey guys,

I have looked at the weather table here and assume it shows the forecasts and not the actual weather during a day? For instance, it is autumn in Forgotten Hollow in my game currently and the forecast says cloudy which it also is, but temperature wise it is warm which is not included in the table. Of course, prior to the update later this month, it is hard to say if something is a bug or intended :-\
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Season weather in different worlds
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 11:51:37 PM »
The table in the guide under the heading: Weather By World List is what the code shows as typical seasonal weather for that particular world. So each world has coded 'base weather'; for example it can snow in Oasis Springs very rarely but it will not settle compared to it will snow in Willow Creek often and settle.

That is quite different to weather forecasts which predict the weather type for that particular day in that particular world. You'll notice that the weather forecast changes as your sim travels to different worlds on a same day, showing that weather will change form world to world but the Season will remain constant.

You can also see the actual weather and the weather forecast without opening the calendar buy hovering your mouse over the weather icons next to the time in-game at the bottom of your screen.

So for example my sims are at Granite Falls: the forecast says 'Snow' and the current weather is 'Windy and Freezing'. This is how the game should work. Forecast is a generalization of the weather to expect on any particular day, the Current Weather is what weather is playing out in your sims lot at this moment.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything