Author Topic: Sims wont sleep continuously and scared cats  (Read 2795 times)

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
Sims wont sleep continuously and scared cats
« on: July 07, 2018, 08:47:07 PM »
So Im having two issues. My sims keep waking up mid sleep. They just wont stay down! Im starting to have to cheat and make them happy because they keep getting tired. I recently saved my house in my gallery moved it to a different town and then moved them in. I noticed some things missing like the garden but i assumed that was because i also at the same time installed Seasons. Im wondering if the move affected the save file?

Next issue is my cats. They keep meowing and i asked whats wrong and the pop up just says the cat is afraid of something and needs a minute to calm down. I know that the cats all hate electronics and when I moved my house all of the items reset to default (everything was upgraded to full) so I’m curious if maybe there is an electronic item causing them to panic? The only new piece i have is the thermostat. But i didnt have this issue before the move. Its not Totally horrible but is pretty annoying.

Im going to try and clean up the files and see if that helps bu any further suggestions would be awesome.

👍

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims wont sleep continuously and scared cats
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 03:41:33 AM »
I'm wondering if your sims pets are waking them up. Weirdly enough pets can actually wake sims up through walls and although I've only really played with dogs mainly, I know cats can do the same thing.

I'd try a reset on your cats. I have twistedmexis' cheat mod installed so I can't remember if the debug reset is still functioning in vanilla but if it is shift-click your pet and reset and make happy. (Remember to have 'testingcheats on' enabled.)

I also remember something about sim not sleeping until the energy is filled as a bug but I'm having on-going internet connectivity issues so I can't search on the Bug Forum for you. (Or even link you to it sadly!)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:25:22 AM »
@TaliaSimmySim

Regarding your sims' sleep issue, someone with pets was able to solve it by locking "All Pets" out of the bedrooms.
You can also discipline your pets so that they'll learn not to wake up their owners.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-sleep-issues-after-Cats-and-dogd/m-p/6441395/highlight/true#M103202

As for your cats, I personally find that whole "fears and obsessions" very annoying when they happen. How are my sims supposed to survive without their fridge?
If your household layout permits, you could place the offending object in a room then lock your cats out of that room.
Oddly, there's a shift-click cheat that allows us to add an obsession to a pet (no thanks) but not to disable the feature. If only I could disable it!

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 11:34:39 AM »
Thank you! I could have sworn I had them locked out but I think I might block them from the whole floor to see if that's helps. @oshizu I agree about the shift click cheat on pets I noticed that too. I can make them fear things but not unfear them? How dumb. I've noticed that cats pretty much fear all electronics. The computer, tv, roomba, dishwasher... Its crazy I wonder if there is some kind of trait that we can make them brave or something in the future.

Oh also I had a cat who was constantly scared, well it ran away and when it came back it wasnt scared anymore. I kind of think it might have been a glitch which caused him to leave which then caused the cat to reset.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 11:50:07 AM »
I like your thinking about a trait for braver cats--definitely not the Skittish trait, hehe.

How odd about the cat losing its fear after running away. That was pretty lucky...

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 01:40:30 PM »
Well I remember in Sims 3 we were able to actually play as the pets. We had full control which was pretty neat. This one is more realistic where the pets are just pets but I wish we had way more options with traits. Maybe a similar reward system with aspiration points. We could somehow choose to award positive behavior with a new trait or something. I would like that rather than keeping them the same forever. The sims get to add traits I would love for the pets to do the same.

I did get lucky with that one. I really think it was some kind of glitch which caused the cat to be constantly afraid and then became upset so it ran away. It's fine for now. I think I have some other underlying issues going on with the lot and house though and I think I might have to debug it somehow. I'm finding that in certain grid sections of my lawn I can't place things. It's super weird. Like there's an invisible plant there or obstruction. It says there's nothing to delete but I don't believe it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 01:49:38 PM »
As for not being able to place things, that occasionally happens to me because (1) plants sometimes drop their harvest on the ground or (2) harvestables given to toddlers are consumed but then end up on the floor anyway.
If it's outdoors, I place the white color of free concrete flooring (it's called something like Construction-Quality Concrete) on the ground, which allows me to see any fallen harvestables.
But wait, your game tells you there's nothing to delete? Weird...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 07:21:32 AM »
I'm also having the problem of keeping my Sims asleep.  I do not have any pets.  They just won't stay down.  Very annoying having to keep putting them back in bed.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 12:00:52 PM »
This may be a known bug.

Try these tips:

1. Travel to a different lot as a way of resetting the sim or household.
2. Make sure the tv and/or stereo are turned off.
3. Evict household and move them back in. - See link below for steps.

Reset Sim; Reset a Household and/or Evict Household
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29271.msg401667#msg401667

If the above doesn't help, please report the issue with the link below.

[OPEN] Sims won't stay in bed
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-won-t-stay-in-bed/td-p/6422023
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *