Author Topic: Butler VS Neat sim  (Read 3678 times)

Offline esme.maryrose

• Nooboo
Butler VS Neat sim
« on: July 04, 2018, 11:02:01 PM »
I have been wondering if a sim with the "neat" trait would clean and maintain cleanliness of the house as good as or better than an average butler. I would like to know if you have tested or seen the outcome.

I am not against using a butler and i have already installed the pack. And i think it's cool to have a butler in the house. But I have fired many butlers due to I feel that they (some of them) don't perform well enough, for example one of them I ordered to cook a meal, he took a raw material set from the refrigerator then he just put it on the floor and walked out to the backyard doing nothing, I repeated the same order then he repeated the same action and he got fired immediately. 

Some other butlers I fired because I found out that they had the "Lazy" and "Mean" traits. The current one is pending my decision because she is terrible at playing piano like zero piano skill.

So i have come to think that if i create a sim with the "neat" trait and use the cheat codes to give her some skills and housekeeping traits similar to a butler, and let that sim live in my house instead of the butler, would that sim perform as good as a butler in housekeeping ? (Automatically without having to direct the sim to do). Apart from the fact that a user created sim can do everything that a butler cannot (when directed). 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Butler VS Neat sim
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 12:20:12 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  :) You could apply the hidden maid trait to one of your own sims. This makes them tend to any messes like a maid should but often doesn't.

sims.add_buff NPC_Maid

and this to remove it:

sims.remove_buff NPC_Maid
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline esme.maryrose

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 03:43:11 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  :) You could apply the hidden maid trait to one of your own sims. This makes them tend to any messes like a maid should but often doesn't.

sims.add_buff NPC_Maid

and this to remove it:

Thank you so much. I did not know about this code. It sounds fantastic and like what i am looking for. I will give it a try soon. This is a very warm welcome.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 11:56:39 PM »
@esme.maryrose  Glad this might work for you. Let us know how it plays out!  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 08:01:41 PM »

sims.add_buff NPC_Maid

and this to remove it:

I wanted to thank you for this awesome reminder. Ive been playing a certain family for a while now and the longer you play of course the more things you accumulate and surprisingly chores take a huge chunk of time and energy. I decided to hire a maid and that didn’t really help. They have started to be very lazy and leave before things are cleaned. So I found a sim in the gallery titled maid and she does all the chores while my chosen sims go about their business. I have found though that I miss things. I can’t believe I forgot that you can make them have maid qualities! Lng explanation I know but thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk