Author Topic: Lighting and how to catch it?  (Read 12788 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Lighting and how to catch it?
« on: June 24, 2018, 07:02:02 PM »
In one of the trailers their was video of a sim catching lightning. Has anyone have their sim do so? If so how? I want to replicate this feat. I don't care if sims die in the attempt. In fact that leads to my second inquiry

Second set of questions? Has anyone had their sim even get struck by lightning? How about die that way? If so how did you do it? I collect ghosts honestly earned and I am missing the death by lightning ghost. I cant seen to get my sims struck by lightning. Annoying to say the least.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Lighting and how to catch it?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 07:45:50 PM »
I don't know the catching aspect but my sim was struck by lightning last night and didn't die, I think it takes two strikes before death occurs. But lightning does destroy furniture and other items if outside and struck once. It leaves a charred floor and a little pile of ash.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 12:40:22 AM »
My sim got struck by lightning and shortly after that I discovered two elements in the yard (opposite sides of the yard) and one crystal, all with burn marks around them. I think the sudden appearance of these items has to do with the lightning, but not sure if it's related to my sim being struck.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 03:17:29 PM »
Well lightning killed my bees and replaced it with a crystal. That is something. Can't get it to hit my sims though. I need to kill a sim this way. It is my personal challenge to have each and every kind of ghost in one game ad despite making constant thunderstorms over a weeks time and making my sim stay out in it other than to sleep nothing. Grrr.

Thanks for the comments. I am very curious on catching lightning as shown in the trailer.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 04:10:48 PM »
@scoed
What if your sim wore the tinfoil hat (from the Scientist career)? Would the hat act like a lightning rod? Probably not. *slinks away uselessly

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 04:24:57 PM »
@oshizu lol. Great minds think alike. One of the first things I tried right after fishing. No luck. Maybe the secret it to fish while wearing the hat. In real life that would up the odds.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 04:49:40 PM »
I still haven't been able ton kill a sim by lightning. I have created over a hundred thunderstorms and had multiple sims go out to play in them and only one did a sim get hit by lightning and sadly she lived. Grrrr. Has anyone had a sim die of lightning? Second question has anyone caught lightning like in the trailer yet? If so please share the secret?

Sorry to bump this but I need help. I am to the point I am feeling disheartened about getting this particular ghost for my collection. I know getting a sim to die to get the ghost is outside normal play but It is an area I am excited about in game. I love occult sims and I like how the ghosts are unique from each other. Please any advice or evedence it actually happened would be welcomed. Thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 11:04:03 PM »
@scoed  I think Carl talks about lightning etc in his video on the weather machine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miemIiAMO7U and no.. none of my sims have either died from lightning nor been super charged yet.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything