Author Topic: [BUG] Collectibles Reset  (Read 3343 times)

Offline Franki

• Occult
[BUG] Collectibles Reset
« on: June 21, 2018, 10:07:38 PM »
Something I just noticed, and I don't know if it's a bug or not, but all those collections my sim completed are back to square one. I have the trophies/plaques whatever you want to call them to say I completed them, but now it says  I haven't completed them and as I catch fish, it's like the first time I'm catching them.

If the above doesn't make sense, i'll edit with a picture of what I mean.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: [BUG] Collectibles Reset
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 10:54:16 PM »
@Franki
Whenever I play a multi-gen challenge that involves sims moving out of the main house, my collections reset (like yours) almost every time someone moves out.
The only way I can get the Collections tab to return the way it was is to move each collectible in each completed collection into and out of one of the household sim's personal inventory.
This has been happening to me since 2016.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 11:09:43 PM »
I just got done searching and found, this is a reported and known bug.

[OPEN] Household Collections get lost on traveling/moving
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Household-Collections-get-lost-on-traveling-moving/td-p/4530802

They seem to be still collecting information on it as it's still happening in some players games.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 11:54:51 PM »
@Franki
Whenever I play a multi-gen challenge that involves sims moving out of the main house, my collections reset (like yours) almost every time someone moves out.
The only way I can get the Collections tab to return the way it was is to move each collectible in each completed collection into and out of one of the household sim's personal inventory.
This has been happening to me since 2016.

My sims haven't moved out or died yet, the one sim who finished them is still alive and well in the household. They were all finished before the patch on the 19th, and now they are back to the beginning.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 12:05:38 AM »
This is what i'm talking about.. as I said no one has died or moved in or out of the household since this collection was completed. this has only happened in the last couple of days. which is why I think it relates to the seasons patch, than other pre-existing bugs.

Picture 1:
Collections 1.jpg

Picture 2:
Collections 2.jpg

They were fine until the patch, I don't mind having to redo them all, but it's a tedious process, i'd prefer to avoid.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 02:40:30 AM »
This happened to me after the last patch. My sim had almost completed the insect collection at Granite Falls and was back to zero, worse thing was that even the new ones he caught wouldn't register either.

My guess it that it is caused by the most recent patch so I guess making a bug report is the next step. Just make sure to test in a mod free and cc free game before reporting though, otherwise it isn't a valid bug.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.