Author Topic: Game Patch: 06/19/2018 (Discussion)  (Read 10451 times)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Game Patch: 06/19/2018 (Discussion)
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2018, 06:59:20 PM »
Yep, Cats & Dogs added poop. Small poop from cats and small breed dogs, large from large breed dogs.  It can be used to fertilize the garden, 1 poop per plant.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2018, 11:17:22 PM »
Too funny. LOL. Oh well i've been thinking about getting dogs and cats since I love pets and putting them in my Sims seems like fun.

Honestly it seems like the part I hate the most so far is it takes forever before you can fertilize something again, also they removed the info on the plant about what it's water condition is, which seems dumb to me. Although from what people have been saying the plants barely ever need to be watered, and apparently if you miss it they just kind of get watered anyways.

Hopefully soon someone will figure out if they changed how fertilizer works. It used to be Growfruit was supposed to be the best fertilizer in the game, but I don't know if that's true anymore.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2018, 11:37:25 PM »
I have no clue about which fertilizer works best but I do know large fish work great. I would love it if someone smarter than me figured out the values of various types and posted them somewhere. I also know small fish and most produce are poor choices. I got sick of cats and dogs real quick and very few of my sim families have them around anymore. I think my two ghost ones in my ghost of every kind save and my perfect godlike vamps have non-hamster non-fish non-bee pets anymore so I lack all knowledge of the effectiveness of poo. It is possible a large dog  or something like glowfruit can replace fishing as fertilizer for gardening sims.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2018, 12:09:42 AM »
I don't have growfruit. The only working well for me is large fish. Evolved (good) lilly worked too. I hoped large dog poop would be good, but it isn't.

For the festival plants : my sims stayed from start to very end of spice festival, next to the plants, and the following festival, the plants had fruits. I still need to test for the love one now, and in others saves, but it's a good new. Or maybe it's because my sims was around level 7 in gardening.

The new values are impressives though. I fullfilled the wealthy aspiration in four or five sim weeks with only gardening as source of money, most of it in the last week. the new 10 normal dragonfruits plants gives 25 000 simflouz. Some have evolved, so I'm above 30 000 each day, just with dragonfruits, add 6 000 from the excellents lillies, and around 1500 for the good/excellent dragonsnap, and money increase like crazy.

Offline Calous

• Nooboo
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2018, 12:33:05 AM »
So, the grafting success rate really drop to 1%? I have successfully graft pome and orchid to get death flower on first try but not with bird of paradise or cowberry. Luckily I manage to successfully graft cowberry before seasons so I have 8 of it in my refrigerator. I have tried the grafting so many times but never work for the bird of paradise and cowberry after seasons. For bird of paradise, not only it's not working with the tulip and chrysan comby but it's not working too when I grafted it into strawberry. Usually I use strawberry as the base plant to get perfect quality of new species I have just discovered. All plants those could be cut, will work with this way except bird of paradise. So the only way to do it, just evolve it manually. Even growfruit work with the strawberry.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2018, 12:35:02 AM »
Thanks @Tynynounours. Quality lilies work as a good fertilizer? Good to know. I Googled about fertilizer in sims 4 to see if I could find a guide on fertilizer strength for the game and nothing came up since they redone gardening and changed everything. In fact no list of fertilizer strength came up even dated. Then I checked the official forums and nothing.  I wonder if such a guide even exists.

And yes gardening is a great income now. In a long game it may be the best single source of income in the game.

Offline Calous

• Nooboo
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2018, 12:38:55 AM »
A question, please? *raises hand

Based on the above comments, may I assume that there's been a fix for taking cuttings from the wild and splicing the cuttings onto plants on the home lot?
I haven't been able to do that for a long while...
Sorry what was the error before?
FYI, I just cut wild wolfsbane and plasma tree from Forgotten Hollow and successfully grafted them to strawberry and now I have perfect plant and tree from them. The Sixam Mosquitos can't be cut, we only can acquired the seed. So manually fertilize and evolve it.

@Tynynounours, do you know that you can get Growfruit from the seed pack that cost 1k simoleons? The rare pack I mean. I got 6 magic berry from that too with lot of reloading too.

When I use growfruit as fertilizer, it almost reach the next quality bar (from normal quality). I ever used rainbow pop as fertilizer but it's so rare and I forgot to check on the result.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2018, 12:44:34 AM »
@Calous
Just to satisfy your curiosity....
There was game bug earlier (before the Seasons pre-patch) where we couldn't take cuttings from the wild and graft them onto plants on our home lot.
So we'd have to harvest the wild plants, plant them at home, then take cuttings from them. I'm so glad to know that it's been fixed.

Growfruit can be purchased from the kiosk in the Campground area of Granite Falls, btw.

Offline Calous

• Nooboo
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2018, 02:49:08 AM »
Oh I see, I never apply patch 1.42. Jump to Seasons from My First Pet Stuff. So I never know that bug. But this 1% graft success rate is too much. Is it for real?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2018, 03:34:02 AM »
@Calous  yes the rate for getting a rare from grafting is 600/100/1 (so around 1%) Carl's confirmed this when he looked at the code. It seems to effect the bird of paradise most as I too have had success with getting a death flower on the first splice and harvest of the spliced plant.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2018, 10:34:36 PM »
I just found out something pretty helpful.

Apparently when they put in that gardening patch along with whatever else it did, they ALSO unlocked Debug options on plants. So if you shift-click on a plant now you can pretty much tell it whatever you want to do, although I didn't see any splicing commands, there are SEVERAL others that will make the frustration with the gardening changes easier to bear until the start patching some things.

I'm not sure if you have to use "testingcheats on" beforehand or not. I thought when I started my game today to try out the commands they were already there, but i've never known for sure if you save the game with "testingcheats on" that when you load it again they are still on since everytime I use the command it still says "testing cheats enabled" Heh.

I hope this helps some people. I know for the people doing challenges it may not help since the standard no cheats rule, but for just general gameplay it's been a lifesaver for me for getting Botanist aspiration goals done.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2018, 09:47:03 PM »
Well so far since the last patch and installing World Adventures i've had some random weird things happening in my game and i'm wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone else lately or it may be my mod content. It's hard to decided because none of the issues i'm having seem to be related to any of the mods I have, and i've been getting exception errors caught by MCCC almost 2 or 3 a day, but they always seem to be strange random things happening, and never seem to reference any mods I have, just mostly core gameplay elements.

I've had the LastException file looked at by the MCCC people and they pretty much confirm this, and they also said there have been some game bugs happening since last patch/Seasons that have cropped up that are pretty much strictly related to game files. But I was curious if anyone else has had any of these issues that seem to be related to the patch.

Can't mentor a sim on the climbing wall, all requirements met.
Can't mentor a sim performing an upgrade on the Spa Day Sauna, think it's called Artificial Fever Room the one I am using.
Certain electrical lamps are randomly starting on fire, or they increased the fire chance on incense burners, I've had more fires lately than I ever normally have. God I cant wait to get the Naturalist trait from finishing the botanist aspiration. :)
Certain actions I need to be able to do on co-worker sims are not available in the radial menu of interactions with them for some reason.
And one of my favorites so far. My Scientists Hover Lamp I left at work and on so it would be available to use right when I got to work, somehow got the popup info text on it of my spliced Growfruit/Strawberry tree at my home lot. LOL

So far i've tried deleting all the .cache files you can delete safely, and also ran a repair on the game itself and so far it hasn't seemed to change anything. I am hesitant to pull out all my mods except for MCCC to see what happens as if I load my game after that I get a ton of "missing content" errors I have to deal with and I'm wondering if that may end up just causing more problems than it solves. LOL

In any case I was just wondering if any of this sounds familiar to anyone else or my game or my savegame is slowly but surely getting borked. :D

P.S. One more I totally forgot about and I don't know how because it's the most annoying one. EVERY TIME one of my sims goes to take a bath or shower near one of the PottyMouth 2.0 toilets, the sim will get interrupted after just starting the bath with a action popping into their que that says something like "One of Those...." Once it's over in a second if I tell them to get back in the tub it works fine the second time, but I am having to pay double for the Spa Day soaks and it's kind of annoying, not to mention you tell a sim to take a bath, figure you've got a little time, so goto another sim to have them do something else, and you come back to the first one to find out they just hopped out of the tub or shower right away. ARGGGGG.....

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2018, 03:16:49 AM »
Assuming you mean installing Seasons and not World Adventures...  :) Basically most of those bugs just sounds pretty normal to me. Not the exception files, those will absolutely be mod related in some way but 'Can't mentor a sim on the climbing wall, all requirements met', 'Can't mentor a sim performing an upgrade on the Spa Day Sauna' and 'Certain electrical lamps are randomly starting on fire, or they increased the fire chance on incense burners' are all happening in my games including sims getting interrupted to go look at the talking toilet. All these 'behaviors' are either intended programming by the devs or (in the case of the climbing wall and spa) simply over looked linking dlc to base game interactions.

The issue of game tags appearing over incorrect items when hovering your mouse over them is also a vanilla error. Again, I just ignore it, it doesn't actually break my game and normally goes away on the next reboot. With the talking toilet, I simply don't use it, the benefits of soaks and incense far out weight the moodlets your sims get from using the talking toilet so it's no big deal to delete/not use them.

This game have never run smoothly, has always had bugs and that's just how it is. I'm not saying that I am happy with all the bugs... just saying they are part and parcel of playing TS4.

The exception files will be caused by mods or cc. I get them when I use mods and tbh pretty much just delete them out of my The Sims 4 folder at the end of each game play session and ignore them. The reason the modders say their mod isn't causing them is because it is the way that the mod interacts with the base game (plus dlc) that is generating those errors.

So one example could be when festival furniture disappears as festivals end, one of my mods always throws an exception file the as it doesn't understand why suddenly all the NPC sims have been reset as the park benches disappear from the game and so thinks it is an error. It's no big deal, it's the game behaving as it is actually supposed to but the mod still throws an exception error.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2018, 06:03:50 AM »
Hey, just a little squeak from me.

I don't think many Simmers realize that mods can cause really all sorts of problems and are to be used 100% at one's own risk. Sometimes, on the official forum and elsewhere, people complain about mod- or CC-caused errors as if it is Maxis' responsibility to make the game compatible with their favorite Sim hair, makeup, or whatnot. It always makes me facepalm. MC Command Center is very complex and professionally done, and kudos to Deaderpool for even attempting such an endeavor, but still - he is not affiliated with the game or Maxis with him. The game is first and foremost meant to run without mods and custom content. Any trouble caused by these are not the game's or developers' responsibility :)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2018, 05:12:31 AM »
Heh....sorry I didn't mean this to become a "Lets bash mods" thread. LOL

I have been using mods in one way or another ever since the first Sims game. I've become fairly used to what works together with what else ok and what is going to cause issues. Unfortunately most of the problems people have with mods is they just install any mod they feel like and don't realize weather those mods would work together or not.

I can assure you I have done these tests with no CC at all, with a clean save, and can still get the same issues.

It is nice to know i'm not the only person having a lot of these things happen also though. And it saddens me that apparently it's just a new game bug that makes the potty mouth toilet such a pain now. I've always wanted to see what happens if you become best friends or mortal enemies with it....LOL