Author Topic: [BUG] Cheats Not Working (Seasons Patch)  (Read 24885 times)

Offline Saphire196

• Nooboo
Re: [BUG] Cheats Not Working (Seasons Patch)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 11:52:57 AM »
Thank you for posting that the cheat is broken again and all we can do is wait for a patch.  I can get it the cheats to turn on...or so it says.  But just yesterday the stats.set_skill_level major_x # just stopped working for me.  I was about to loose my mind.  Sure hope they can fix soon.

Offline BreezyBri17

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 02:11:08 PM »
This is the first time Ive ever had issues with the sims 4. All my building cheats are working just fine. When in game (not build mode) none seem to be working. Ive been trying the skill cheats and nothing ive tried has worked. This issue just started yesterday evening. Ive restarted the game, and even the computer. Ive tried "testingcheats on" "testingcheats true" "testingcheats 1" "testingcheats yes" nothing! Im putting the codes in correctly. stats.set_skill_level major_/stats.set_skill_level minor_ Ive tried 1 throught 10 levels...Nothing! Im not sure whats happening....If my build mode cheats are working how are my gameplay cheats not???? Please help! Ive youtubed solutions, none worked. Goggle didnt help either.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 02:18:34 PM »
This is the first time Ive ever had issues with the sims 4. All my building cheats are working just fine. When in game (not build mode) none seem to be working. Ive been trying the skill cheats and nothing ive tried has worked. This issue just started yesterday evening. Ive restarted the game, and even the computer. Ive tried "testingcheats on" "testingcheats true" "testingcheats 1" "testingcheats yes" nothing! Im putting the codes in correctly. stats.set_skill_level major_/stats.set_skill_level minor_ Ive tried 1 throught 10 levels...Nothing! Im not sure whats happening....If my build mode cheats are working how are my gameplay cheats not???? Please help! Ive youtubed solutions, none worked. Goggle didnt help either.

Welcome to the forum BreezyBri17, if you are patched up to the current patch for Seasons, then it seems to have broken the cheats. The link below is some info. Hopefully thy will get it fixed soon.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29991.0

Offline BreezyBri17

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 06:41:08 PM »
I did as much on the list as i knew how in order to fix the issue, i still havnt had any luck. I did the repair through origin, also the "hard reset". I would venture off into the whole mods & cc thing but im not at all qualified to do such a thing, totally out of my reach as far as computers go. I worry i would do more damage than repair to the problem. At this point im out of options. Its not much fun to play without cheats, so i guess i will just have to wait until there is a solid solution to the issue at hand. Its pretty upsetting especially bc of all the $$$ Ive spent on the sims4.  :( :'(

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 06:44:56 PM »
@BreezyBri17  not all the cheats are broken, only the skill cheats and 'shift-click reset sim'. In my game the friendship cheats still function as do the "fillmotive motive_x" so you may still get some enjoyment.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline BreezyBri17

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 06:49:51 PM »
Yeah that's true, but as far as progressing with my careers and such, starting over with new sims will take ages to get my skill up. Could you inform me when a solution if found or a new patch is created to fix it please!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 06:57:31 PM »
Absolutely, I'll tag you or PM you. There is no indication of time frames yet from the QA guys on any fixes but when they are really game changing for a lot of simmers they do try to be fast.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2018, 09:55:22 PM »
Does anyone know if the death cheats are working?

I know the skill cheats are currently out of action, and that some have had issues with the romance cheat and reset sim/object cheats.

In my game, I can only get the kaching, motherlode, rosebud and Aspirations.complete_current_milestone to work.

I did check the bug report, but no one has mentioned the death cheats, so want to see if someone has tried them to know if they are among the broken list or if they work.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 01:31:14 PM »
Bummer, can't get the career promotion for gardener to work so I have to level up normally and cannot confirm the code for cheats page updates. You can imagine that slows the process of data gathering down a lot.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 07:26:21 PM »
I've also had a problem with the 'remove negative buffs' cheat. My sim completed the Friend of the World aspiration (Don't do it!!!) and now has two constant sad moodlet's from all the people he knows dying. Even though there can be up to 10 positive moodlet's as well, nothing seems to be more powerful that the two sad ones. Even when one drops for about 2 hours.. the one that is left still seems to hold so much power over all the other moodlets he is constantly sad. Has anyone else had a problem getting rid of these buffs too?

Offline zhangefei1983

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2018, 08:39:29 PM »
I've got testingcheats on and some of them are working but I can't get the skill cheats to work and I'm pasting them word for word and even manfully typed em in but they wont work. Same with the cheat to max vampire points.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 08:54:16 PM »
Welcome to the forum. This is a know bug as of the last patch and as far as I know there is no work around.

Offline zhangefei1983

• Nooboo
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2018, 09:17:57 PM »
Are they going to fix it or not?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2018, 09:55:02 PM »
Yes, they are working on fixing some of the bug from the Seasons patch. How soon the fix will be out is unknown.

Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant

We are aware of a handful of issues we introduced with the most recent update. Thanks for your help in identifying them! We are actively testing, fixing, or have already fixed some of the issues. We intend a new update to be released VERY SOON. Sorry I cannot be more precise.
10:59 AM - 21 Jun 2018
https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/status/1009858287116869637

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2018, 11:03:04 PM »
For those curious, the death cheats aren't working, will go list them in the bug thread.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

anything