Author Topic: Ten Gens of Behr  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Ten Gens of Behr
« on: June 18, 2018, 11:36:07 AM »
An attempt at the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge. There isn't going to be a lot of story, probably only two chapters for each generation, with one for their putting together the museum collection and another for earning the 50 points.

Chapter list
1.0 Prologue
1.1 Candy - museum stuff
1.2 Candy - earning points

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Stats and Miscellany
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 11:37:32 AM »
Stats and Miscellany

Founder: Candy Behr

Traits: Outgoing, Cheerful, music Lover
Aspiration: Party Animal (incomplete)
Career: Painter

Home: 1020 Alto Apartments. Lot traits: Romantic fireplace, Natural light, Party place

Points earned
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

First gen notes
  • Candy got so close to realising her aspiration of Party Animal. She was one gold party off in the end. It’s entirely viable for a founder/ heir and I may use it for a later generation.
  • Diego’s romantic fireplace is excellent for parties and dates. Every time there’s a requirement for people to get flirty you just fire it up. It does use up one lot trait though.
  • In a previous game Yuki would practice programming autonomously when in a focused room but she tended to use the computer for games or mischief this time.

Misc info
Expansions and packs used: City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, at least some of Luxury Party Stuff but isn’t listed as one I own.
All three random stats are generated at toddler age (so that I can get an idea of personality).
I won't be using pollinators but repopulating the town by filling households when the total is beneath eight, and only when necessary.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Ten Gens of Behr
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 12:08:17 PM »
I'm glad you're trying this again. Better luck this time!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Prologue
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 12:30:53 PM »
Prologue

"... and all I can say is that I'm sorry. I embarrassed myself, my parents, my grandparents, and my great-grandparents. Just because I wanted to go to Uptown to brighten someone's day."

Oh Dana (sigh). We were doing so well until then.

Maybe I'll give up simming and read more books
*knock knock*
"Hey Vesper are you moping around in there again? Let me in, I want to discuss business"

"I don't believe you're trying to blame my lovely great-grandson Dana"
"Oh Candy, of course I don't really blame him. I know it's my fault but I love this challenge so much and what if I fail again?"
"Well that's what I'm here for. You agree that I was a good spouse for your previous founder?"
"Of course! You're wonderful Candy, that's why we're still friends"
"And you're worried about repeating old mistakes right? Well why not use me as your founder this time. It'll be a good mixture of familiarity and novelty and I'll work really hard for you. Plus I never get to be a founder and it looks so much fun."
"What a great idea Candy, thank you so much. We can totally make this work."
"So you agree! Awesome. You know what to do next"

Ooh my back. But worth it if it'll help.

"Good luck Candy"
"Be a good watcher Vesper"

She'll be amazing, I'm sure. Now I just need to not let her, and her progeny, down.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 12:34:05 PM »
Best wishes and good luck!
I'm happy to see that you have a Stats & Miscellany post.
With so many in-progress multi-generation stories to read on this forum, it can be difficult keeping everyone's names and faces straight.
Your Stats page will provide the needed refresher to quickly catch up on who's who in the current generation. So...thanks!

Really loved the prologue and Dana was such a handsome sim. *sniff, sniff

I'm so glad you've restarted!
Looking forward to reading about how you approach the challenge!

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 12:48:24 PM »
thanks for the kind wishes Marian and oshizu. I'm going to be much more vigilant this time and am hoping a story will keep me on track.

Dana is indeed rather handsome (like his namesake Dana Andrews). For interest his genetics include Salim Benali, Candy Behr, Elsa Bjergsen, and Max Villareal.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 01:28:35 PM »
I wish you the greatest luck. And it's true that Candy is often under estimated.
I'm impatient to see your story.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything