Author Topic: Can't cook normal food  (Read 5693 times)

Offline sunnytheslaya

• Nooboo
Can't cook normal food
« on: June 10, 2018, 07:56:06 AM »
Hello, I'm having issues with my sims. My sims can't cook or have normal snacks/normal food (aka food from EA). I can't click on anything on the recipe list. I have newly updated custom food mods though, I've never had this issue before. Any ideas how to fix the bug? Thank you!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't cook normal food
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 11:45:14 AM »
This may be a part of the long standing Sim can't cook bug.

Here are a few tips that might help:

1. Rearrange the kitchen, making sure items aren't blocking the fridge or stove.

2. Replace stove/fridge

3. Outdated Mods/CC are known to cause this issue. Best way to test if mods are the problem is:

Move your mods folder to the desktop delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder. This helps clear up some game glitches and will help to make sure there isn't any issues with mods. Like mods/cc that are outdated or no longer in game.

More tips can be found with the post linked below:

[BUG] Sims Can't Cook/Fridge [Possible Fixes]
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22548.msg401582#msg401582
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunnytheslaya

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 12:11:46 PM »
sorry, I forgot to add my problem: the thing is I can cook custom food and bake custom food but not food from EA or having snacks from EA, only from custom food. so far I haven't encountered anyone who has the same problem with mine.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 03:48:58 PM »
The advice MrsFlynn gave still stands. If that don't work also try repairing the game. You will be surprised on how often that works, that is always my first thing I try. But I am willing to bet in your case it in a mod issue .

anything