Author Topic: A Different Life *Complete*  (Read 14348 times)

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
Re: A Different Life
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2018, 06:59:59 PM »
I thought second trimester was going to be easier. I was wrong, why? Because I spent two hours in the bathroom puking my guts out. I vowed to get some kind of carpet to kneel on because the hard tile flooring was killing my knees. I finally managed to crawl into bed around five in the morning and curled up. I felt like I had been asleep for only five minutes when I felt someone rub my arm. I groaned as I slowly turned over and looked up. My eyes were still full of sleepiness but Connor stood over me.

"You're home." I whispered.

"I am, just got it." He smiled.

I carefully sat up and he sat down in front of me. I looked at him for a moment before looking down at my clearly visible belly.

"I'm sorry how I've been acting about the baby, but it happened at a bad time and I just couldn't handle it at that moment." He said after a few moments.

"I know, but it did hurt me. I know we weren't planning this at all but I've had some time to think about it and I am excited about having a baby." I told him.

"I am too."

"You are?"

"I've had time as well, losing dad was hard but it made me realize that I wanted this baby."

I started to cry and he hugged me. I was so happy that he changed his mind about the baby, I couldn't even imagine what would have happened if he didn't want him or her.

"Look at you!" He beamed.

I smiled as he gently placed his hand on my stomach.

I was feeling like a whale though. I knew it was only going to get worse and that I would get bigger.

"I've been sick a lot." I told him.

"I wondered about that. Are you okay right now?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's usually worse after I eat dinner."

He rubbed my arms.

"I missed you." I told him.

"I missed you too."

I decided to watch a movie while Connor unpacked from his trip. Grace sat on the couch next to me, but I don't think she enjoyed the movie too much.

I haven't gotten any more letters from mother or father, but I never replied to them either. If they wanted to send their little spies after me to see what I was up too then let them because I refuse to hide. I spent my entire life hiding and I wasn't about to continue doing that throughout my life and I sure as heck wasn't about to let my child do the same. I guess that was one thing I could thank my parents for because now I had a direction to go in with this baby. I knew that I didn't want to raise him or her the way they did to me. I was going to be there for them in every way possible and I want them to know they can come to me for anything. They were going to know what love felt like and how it felt like to have someone to care for them. I refused to make anyone feel the way they made me feel.

"What do you want?" Connor asked.

"I'm fine with anything as long as they're healthy." I told him.

"I'm kinda hoping for a girl."

I smiled and looked up at him.

"What do you want for supper??"

"Two hamburgers with cheese and lettuce and one pickle with easy mustard." I said without thinking.

"That's specific." He laughed.

"I've had that for dinner every night."

The third trimester came like a flash, and sure enough I was still craving my cheeseburgers.

"We probably will eventually have to move." Connor told me.

"I know, but I want to stay here as long as possible." I told him.

"We will."

He gave me a kiss.

"She or he is moving like crazy today!"

He placed his hand on my stomach and beamed with excitement and pride.

"I cannot wait to meet them."

"Me either."

Life was going to be interesting with three cats and a baby. But I couldn't wait.

Short chapters! They all won't be short I just felt like getting an update out before the baby was born! I swear the pregnancy and the baby stage go by SUPER fast!
My Stories:
Figuring It Out / Something to Hide *Complete*
-----
It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going.
And when it's dark out, no one's around, it keeps glowing. <3

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2018, 12:00:09 AM »
"Dear you should really sit down." A customer said.

"I'm fine."

The truth was that my back was on fire along with my feet. I was ready to have this baby already even if I was enjoying having him or her in my stomach.

"Alice, I'm going to take my break in an hour. Can you take over then?" I asked.

"Of course." She smiled.

I grabbed another chart and greeted the patient.

"Her nose is just been bright red for a few days." The lady told me.

"We can look at that."

I did several exams and made notes in her chart.

"Giving her this medication should make things better for her."

"Thank you."

I administered the drugs before sending her to the desk to pay the bill.

"I need to sit down."

I walked to the lobby and plopped down.

"Alice, I'm taking my break now."

"Okay!"

"I'm going to be pregnant forever." I claimed.

"You are not going to be pregnant forever." Connor laughed.

"I am, this is it for me. Swollen feet and a huge stomach. Call me shamu."

"Stop being over dramatic."

I glared at him.

"My back hurts so much."

"Because you aren't sitting like you should be."

It was five hours after dinner when it happened.

"CONNOR!" I screamed.

He shot out of the bathroom.

"What?!" He gasped.

"It's time!"

The couch was soaked and the pain was absolutely horrible.

We got into the car and headed to the car. We pulled up to the entrance to the emergency room and Connor pulled to the curb.

"You can't park there!" Security called out as Connor got out of the car.

"My wife is in labor!"

Security called for a wheel chair as Connor helped me out of the car.

"Oh god!" I cried out.

"Contraction?"

I nodded.

He helped me sit down on the wheel chair and we were on our way to a room.

It's been ten hours.

Ten hours and I was finally almost done pushing.

"You're doing great!" The doctor said.

"I can't do this!" I cried out in pain.

"You can! You're amazing baby." Connor cheered.

"Okay, one more push."

"One more?"

The doctor nodded and I gave the biggest push I could and screamed out in pain.

"That's it!"

Before I knew it I heard a cry of the baby, I laughed and cried at the same time as Connor leaned down to kiss me.

"It's a boy!" The doctor announced.

"A boy!" I cried out.

The nurse cleaned him up and handed him to me as Connor cut the cord. I cried and looked down at my beautiful baby boy.

"Hi!" I whispered.

Connor touched his head softly and he was beaming.

"OW!" I cried out.

"What?!" Connor gasped.

"Take the baby!" I cried out.

"Beth, what's happening?" The doctor asked.

"Another contraction!" I groaned.

"Oh that's normal it should just be the plac- oh boy."

He examined me before telling the nurse to get another blanket ready.

"What's going on?!" Connor asked.

"It seems that your wife is going to be delivering another baby."

"WHAT?!"

Connor looked just as shocked as I was.

So there I was an hour later, laying in bed with a beautiful baby boy in my right arm and a beautiful baby girl in the other.

"I guess we got our wishes." Connor giggled.

"Twins. What are we going to do?" I asked.

"Well, for starters we need a bigger house."

I groaned.

So, we sold the furniture and used the check that Connor got for inheritance and bought a bigger house. It wasn't the plan for a while but like life just showed us, plans change.

I walked into the nursery because it was feeding time and the kids were screaming.

"Shhhh, Bryan it's okay!" I cooed.

He flailed as I picked him up.

"You're going to make your sister scream more." I told him.

I grabbed his bottle and began to feed him.

"Let's change your diaper and then take care of your sister."

I quickly changed his diaper.

"Come here Lilliana, let's feed you."

She screamed up until the bottle hit her mouth.

"You're going to be a handful when you are older. I can already tell that." I giggled.

Once the babies were all fed and changed I headed to our spare room we had that will soon become one of their rooms when they grew up. For now it was much easier to keep them close in one room until they were children. I bought a treadmill because I wanted to lose the weight from the babies even though Connor told me that I looked beautiful still. I wanted to lose the weight though and go back to my regular size for me.

Connor went back to work shortly after the move but not until after I made sure that I felt comfortable with it. We needed the money to keep coming in though even if we did have a little cushion. Alice offered to step up and help out at the Vet Clinic for when I couldn't be there. Sadly, I think that my time there will be limited until the babies are at least children and in school. Of course I would try to get there at every chance I got but Alice was up for the challenge. So I stayed home with the babies and the cats while Connor went to work. I was thankful we were able to do that though, everything was going to be okay I could just feel it.

Well what a shock THAT was. The boy prompt came up, and I was sad it wasn't actually a girl. Then it was like BAM, name the girl. Wasn't planning on twins at all and used no cheats or mods. Sigh. Even sims keeps me on my toes xD
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2018, 07:22:07 PM »
We were finally unpacked and settled into the new house. I do miss our old house, but honestly loved this one because it wasn't as small as the old house but it wasn't necessarily too big either! We wouldn't need a big house unless we had more children and that wouldn't be any time soon! Honestly I don't know why Connor was so worried about becoming a father because he was amazing at it. It was almost like it came naturally for him and honestly for me as well. The babies surprisingly slept a good portion of the night so we weren't too sleep deprived. During the day it was a little rough because they would tend to cry at the same time and it got a little stressful without Connor here. Thankfully though the clinic was going well without me there, but I didn't know if I should take that as a good thing or a bad thing.

It was funny to see the cats reactions to the babies. Cupcake didn't seem to care, Socks was scared of them, but Grace seemed to be more curious than anything. I always spotted her in the nursery staring at Bryan usually. They were going to be best buds, I could already tell.

"What are you doing up?" I groaned as I walked into the nursery.

It was three in the morning and I woke up to an empty bed.

"I just wanted to check on them." Connor said.

"Were they crying?" I asked.

"No, I just wanted to see how they were doing."

I smiled and shuffled over to him and sat down next to him.

"Can you believe it?" I asked.

"No."

"I wouldn't trade it though, not for a million dollars."

He kissed my cheek.

His family was shocked by the news of the baby and then even more surprised when they found out they were twins. I could tell they were a little angry because of the distance, but there was nothing we could do about it. I silently thought that they expected Connor to take the babies and move back there with them. That would never happen though because he wasn't like that and even if he was I was not about to let anyone take my babies away from me.

"Why are you fussy mister?"

I picked Bryan up and cuddled him before grabbing his bottle.

"Huh?"

He was our little bottomless pit. He ate way more than Lilliana wanted too, Connor thought that he was going to be tall when he was older because of that. We did come up with nicknames for them, nothing out of the ordinary though. Bryan's shorter name could be Bry and Lilliana's could be Lilli, like I said nothing unique but we loved them.

"Have you heard anything from your parents?" Connor asked.

"No, and I'm actually surprised about that." I told him.

He was changing Bryan's diaper.

"I figured they would have a field day with the news of the babies."

I snorted, "Me too."

It was crazy how fast time went though. One minute I had just given birth to them, and the next I knew they were about to become toddlers. I wasn't ready for this stage to be over, but at the same time I couldn't wait for the next. Was this how parenting was? Wanting time to stop but continue at the same time? Connor was more excited to see the new chapter than I was.

A Week Later

"Are we ready?" Connor asked.

"No, they're my babies." I groaned.

"They'll still be your babies."

I sighed.

Just like that, our babies grew up to be toddlers. We could not for the life of us get the two to sit still long enough to take a picture of them together so we had to get them separately.

Those were not their normal outfits, we put them in nice outfits for pictures that we were unable to take. It surprisingly didn't take long for Socks to warm up to Lilli though, he came up to her almost right away.

"Easy Lilliana." I told her.

She looked at me before crouching down and patting Socks on the head.

"Good girl!"

"Connor, will you watch her while I go give Bryan a bath?" I asked.

"Of course."

I gave him a kiss before going to grab Bryan.

"Let's go!" I told him.

He looked up at me and smiled.

"Bath time!"

I dislike how fast the baby stage goes! I really do!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2018, 12:29:00 AM »
"Beth..."

"Beth..."

I groaned.

"Beth."

"What?" I grunted.

"You were suppose to be at the clinic an hour ago." Connor told me.

"Shoot!"

I shot up.

"Relax! I called Alice, she is going in."

"No, I should really go in!"

"Baby, it's fine."

I groaned.

"I cannot believe that I fell asleep, where are the kids?"

"Bryan passed out on the couch and Lilliana is in the nursery playing."

I nodded.

I got off the bed and walked into the hallway, sure enough there was little Bryan asleep on the couch.

"Can you get Lilliana and bring her downstairs to play? I'm going to put him in his bed."

I carefully picked Bryan up and managed to get him in the bed all without much fuss from him. I looked at the time as I closed the door, I didn't want him to sleep too long or else he would be up all night. Which in turn would keep Lilliana up and then the whole house would be in chaos. I walked downstairs and started making dinner while Connor kept Lilliana entertained. While I waited for the noddles to boil for the pasta I sent Alice a text thanking her for opening the clinic today. Having twins has definitely worn me out in more ways than one and I don't even remember the last time I was in decent clothes. I was either in pajamas or in my scrubs for when I was actually able to get to the clinic. It was doing fine thankfully without me being there as much as I was and we haven't seemed to lose any customers. Blue's owner sent us a nice little card congratulating us on the twins which was very nice of them to do.

"Bryan you're up!" I cheered.

"Yeah, he just woke up."

"Your sister is very happy to see you I see."

They were adorable together, you couldn't get them apart most of the time.

"Dinner is ready, get them washed up while I set the table please."

"Of course."

When we found out it was twins my first thought was how we were going to this. One baby was a shock, but two was overwhelming at first. As they grew older though I was thankful that we did have two, I wouldn't trade either one of them for the world. I loved being a mother and the thought that I could have only one of them made me sad. Sure I got less time at the clinic, but in trade I got more time with my family. I was the luckiest girl in the world.

"Lilli!!!" I gasped.

She was standing in the living room in the middle of the powdery white stuff that she had, which I found out was their butt powder stuff.

"What did you do!"

She looked up at me with questioning eyes.

"We don't make messes! No, no!"

I picked her up and moved her aside before going to clean up her mess.

She babbled something as she waddled over to Connor.

"On the couch young lady." He told her.

She looked at him before crawling onto the couch.

"What are you working on now?" I asked him.

"My boss wants me to read this new magazine." He said.

"Sounds fun."

He groaned.

"Easy Bryan." I warned.

He went for Cupcake who backed up at first.

"It's okay Cupcake."

Bryan leaned down and slowly patted Cupcake on the head.

"Good boy!" I told him.

Potty training was still going a bit rough. Connor and I were both tag teaming it, but still nothing. I knew it would happen on their own time though so I wasn't worried. I picked Bryan up and got him changed into his pajamas, it was nap time for the twins. I set him into his high chair before giving him his snack.

"I don't want cral!" He groaned.

"Cereal is what I made you." I told him.

"No!"

"Bry, eat it please."

"NO!"

"It's either this or you go straight to bed without snack."

He looked at me, testing me. The look on my face told him that he wasn't going to win and he finally started to eat his cereal.

"Thank you."

Once he was done with that I put both of them down for his nap. Connor was at work, so that meant that I had the house to myself for a little bit. What was I going to do with myself though? I decided that now that we had the washer and drier that I would catch up on some laundry, and then I put dinner in the oven, then after that I decided a nice book and a bath would be wonderful. By the time the twins were up from their nap and Connor was home from work. Then it was the same routine as always, get the twins washed up and dinner was served. It was the same as every night, but I looked forward to it every night when we went to bed.

I loved my life.

Sorry it's been a while! Life is getting insane!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2018, 08:43:26 PM »
"Welcome back boss!" Alice greeted.

"Thank you!" I smiled.

"We've missed you, but we understand!"

"I needed to get out of the house. I love my kids but some adult interaction would be amazing."

They laughed.

We worked on the opening stuff and opened the clinic for the day. It seemed like they were doing pretty well without me and that both made me happy and made me sad all at the same time. I did think about closing the clinic every now and again but each time I would decide against it. I opened that clinic as my dream and now I had three employees that were loyal to me and I couldn't let them down. They seemed to be okay with me being gone so much so it wasn't like they were unhappy.

"Look at you with your little scarf!"

My first client of the day was a little white bull dog looking dog.

"You are so cute!" I told him.

He gave me a little bark.

"Okay! All set! Just make sure to give him these tablets for a week and it should clear up!" I told the owner.

They headed to the front desk to take care of the bill.

"Another one coming in for you!" Alice told me.

"Send them in." I told her.

I smiled as the next client walked in.

"Hello!"

"How was your first day back?" Connor asked.

"I had a lot of fun!" I told him.

"Feel good to be back?"

"Yeah, but I did miss you and the kids."

"We were okay, it's been a peaceful day." He said.

"Of course, I wasn't here." I giggled.

I went upstairs and changed out of my scrubs and back into my normal clothes. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to start dinner and found Bryan in the kitchen.

"My little man!" I cheered.

"Momma!"

"I missed you so much!"

I picked him up and twirled him around.

"WEEE!" He squealed.

"Go find sissy, mama's going to make dinner."

He waddled away into the living room.

I was at the stove when Connor came over and hugged me from behind. He rested his head on my shoulder and looked at what I was cooking.

"How about we have another baby?" He asked, putting his hands on my hips.

"Excuse me?!" I gaped.

"Yeah, we can have another baby."

"Babe, how about we get through toddlerhood first?"

"I suppose."

I kissed his cheek.

I was not expecting him to say that, and I wasn't ready for another kid right now. I felt overwhelmed with having to take care of two kids at once so what if we were to have another set of twins and then I have four kids to take care of all at once.

"I just feel like once the twins are at least children they can take care of themselves for the most part." I told him.

"Yeah, that's probably best."

"You aren't mad?"

"Of course not baby."

I smiled.

"LILLIANA!" I screamed.

I walked into the nursery to find that, once again, she had made a mess.

"What have I told you?!"

She looked up at me.

"What mama?" She asked.

"You know what! If you make one more mess then you can no longer paint!"

I felt bad for yelling at her, but I had had enough at that point.

Thankfully soon they would be children. I loved having them as toddlers, but it was going to be nice having them be a little more independent. They would be able to get their own food, and they would be able to put themselves to bed when I needed them too. It would just be a lot more helpful if they could do that. Connor was a big help of course but he had to leave for work and I was stuck home alone with them a lot more now.

"Mama!"

A huge thunder struck and scared the cats into hiding.

"Shhh! It's okay!"

I pulled Bry into a hug.

"MAMA!" Lilli cried.

"Guys, it's okay! It's just a storm!"

"I'm scared."

The phone rang and I stood up and answered it.

"Is this Beth?"

"This is her."

"This is Dr. Sham at the Community Hospital. We have your husband, Connor, here at the hospital..."

"What?!"

"He was involved in a car accident-"

"Is-Is he okay?!" I gasped.

"He's in pretty bad shape, if you could get down here as soon as you can that would be best."

I quickly got off the phone with her. I stood there panicking, what was I going to do with the kids?! I pulled my cell out and dialed Alice's number and thankfully she was able to come right over and do me a huge favor and watched the kids for me. I hailed a cab since Connor had our car, which I guess was no longer a thing anymore. It took ten minutes to get to the hospital and I rushed through the door.

"I'm here to see Connor, he's my husband."

"Oh, um, I'm sorry but I think they just moved him up to surgery."

"Surgery?!"

"Yeah, he's not looking too good."

My heart stopped.

Bum, bum, bummmm....
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2018, 07:44:03 PM »
I stood at the kitchen cabinet and staring blankly at the wall.

"Beth?"

I turned around to see Alice with bags of groceries in her arms.

"I stopped at the store, I figured you would need a few things." She told me.

"Thank you, um, leave the receipt and I'll add the amount to your next check." I said.

"Don't worry about that, I wanted to do this."

I gave her a small smile.

"Can I do anything else?"

I looked at her.

"I'll put these away, can you go check on the kids?" I asked.

She nodded before heading upstairs. Alice has been a huge help these past few weeks. We've become close friends on top of the business relationship. I don't know what I would have done without her because she is amazing with the kids and they seemed to love her just as much as I did.

Their birthdays were coming up in a few days. I had no idea what I was going to do about that. I guess I would just buy them a cake and we can have a small party, nothing big because they wouldn't really remember it anyway.

"They are asking for you." Alice said as she walked back into the kitchen.

I looked at the time.

"It's close to bed time. Thank you Alice."

I followed her to the door before heading upstairs.

"Book mama!" Bryan cheered.

I smiled as I took the book from him.

I sat down on Lillians bed, she was already tucked into her bed and half asleep herself. Bryan however crawled onto the chair next to her bed and was ready for story time.

"No daddy?"

"Just me."

I opened up the book and started reading.

Cupcake had aged up into being an elder cat. It was scary to think of her passing away, but I knew that it was coming. Especially when she started having more and more medical issues, but thankfully I had a exam table in the spare room.

"Okay Cupcake, everything is fine."

She meowed at me as she laid down.

"This will be fast."

I walked out of the spare room to see Lilli playing with Socks.

"You're being nice, right?" I asked.

"Yes mama."

"Good."

Cupcake ran up to them and brushed up against Socks.

I walked into the bedroom and leaned against the door frame and sighed.

"Are you feeling any better?" I asked.

"A little."

"Can I get you anything?"

"Pain meds."

I walked over to our dresser and got the pills out before pouring a glass for water and walking over to the bed.

"Here baby."

I helped him sit up and handed him the pills and water.

The accident took a lot out of both of us. He had broken his leg, a couple ribs, his wrist, and suffered several bad bruises. It was a hit and miss in the surgery and he had come close to dying more then once. The person responsible for the accident was texting and driving and now was serving time in prison for this. They also had to pay for all of his medical bills and any extra doctors appointments he would need. It was a relief to hear that because we were already maxed in budget for the house and the business.

"Do you want some food?" I asked.

"Not right now."

I gave him a kiss and stroked his cheek before heading back downstairs.

His leg still wasn't fully healed so he was bed ridden until it healed. It was better then trying to get him up and down the stairs several times a day. So I took on the task of taking care of the twins and him, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. When I would get frustrated or stressed I would stop, take a deep breath, and then remind myself what the alternative could be. It would usually work and it would get me through the night.

Before we knew it the toddlers grew up!

Lilliana was beautiful, and decided that she MUST dress in all yellow. It was her favorite color after all, gosh mom. She was going to be a fun teenager.

Bryan was looking handsome and sharp in his new glasses. He wasn't thrilled to be wearing the glasses but he needed them.

It was crazy to think that they were children now. I was excited for the more independence with them though, it would take some pressure off of me.

I hope those who are still sticking with the story are enjoying it =]
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2018, 10:37:45 PM »
I may end this story, I haven't fully decided, but there may be a good chance. I'm just not getting replies like I used too and I don't even know if anyone even is interested in it. Which has caused me to lose interest in it. I'll finish it up with an ending, but if I do end it then I'll probably time jump it. I may make a new story, and just have it be for me and if anyone wants to read it they can. But this one, I've just lost all interest in it sadly... I'm sorry to those who may be reading it.
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2018, 12:00:27 AM »
I may end this story, I haven't fully decided, but there may be a good chance. I'm just not getting replies like I used too and I don't even know if anyone even is interested in it. Which has caused me to lose interest in it. I'll finish it up with an ending, but if I do end it then I'll probably time jump it. I may make a new story, and just have it be for me and if anyone wants to read it they can. But this one, I've just lost all interest in it sadly... I'm sorry to those who may be reading it.
Well, I just came back from a short vacation from Carl's, and caught up on your story, and I read this? What a bummer!

Just kidding, of course. I like what you are doing here, but you should always write first and foremost for you. If you're not into it, there's nothing wrong with wrapping it up and starting over with something you find more interesting. If you decide to keep this going, I'll keep reading. If you decide to start something new, I'll read that, instead. Either way, you're not running me off!

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2018, 12:14:19 AM »
Things have changed.

I sit here at my desk with a pen in my hand and a notebook. Connor is on the couch watching some kind of television show across the room. On my desk sits a picture of Bryan and Lilliana and I stop writing this to stare at them for a second. To think I went from a lonely girl with everything she could ever want in the world, to a girl with a full and happy life and still have everything she could ever want and more. I don't need to relive my life for you though, because that would just bring back memories that I may not want to relive. Instead I sit here and enjoy writing as I sip on my ice tea.

The first major change came shortly after Connor's accident. Helping him meant more time at home, and I had already been spending more time at home with the twins as is. So, Connor and I both came to an agreement to sell the Animal Clinic. I loved it dearly, but it just wasn't fair for any of my employees for me to be absent all the time. However, I didn't just sell it to a random stranger, I gave the clinic to Alice. There was no one I saw better running the clinic then Alice. Before I had the twins, and even there after, she showed me amazing leadership skills. The training I had sent her on really paid off. She was wonderful with the pets and their owners and treated the staff kind and fair. I had no doubt that she would do a fantastic job running the place. I would, of course, stop by from time to time to see how things were going.

The seasons came and went, and the kids seemed to enjoy fall the most. They really shocked me by how responsible they could be. After school they would do whatever homework or project they had and then they would pick something off the chore board. Most of the time I wouldn't even have to remind them and they also seemed to split the whole board up. Lilli tended to do the liter boxes and feed the cats while Bry seemed to enjoy doing outside work like raking the leaves and different kinds of yard work. Connor was far from a horrible father, and I remind him of that almost every day. It's funny to think that he was even worried about that before we had the kids.

We lost Cupcake when winter came. The kids were thankfully at school when it happened, and I was the one to find her. She had passed away peacefully in her sleep on her favorite chair in the dining room. I was too upset so Connor put her body into a shoe box and we buried her body in the back yard when the children got home. The other two cats were lost without her and they searched for her for weeks after. It wasn't over though, because before we knew it we lost the other two. Not back to back, but it seemed to go faster after Cupcake passed away. The kids took it hard at first but they seemed to be okay. We opted not to get another pet for the sake of there being chaos already. We needed time to grieve anyway for our three kitties that were now gone from our lives.

The good thing about selling the clinic was that we no longer had to worry about money really. All of our bills were paid and the children got everything they needed and most of what they wanted. We wanted to teach them the value of a dollar so they worked for their money. I did not want them to grow up like I did because I grew up getting everything that I wanted without even lifting a finger. I did not want them to go through life expecting to get everything. Connor agreed with me because he worked for his whole life, he even kept his job after I sold the clinic so that he had something to do. He would retire when the age came but for now he was happy.

Before we knew it the twins grew up.

My kids were teenagers. How crazy was that? For their birthday we took a trip and went camping at the lodge that was across town. It was actually pretty fun! We rented two tents, one for Connor and I and one for the twins. I think my favorite memory was just sitting around the fire on the last night there. We told stories and roasted smores over the fire, it was one of those moments you just looked around and knew that you would remember. I had to soak in the memories while I could because the twins started high school when we got back home. That meant they wouldn't want to hang out with us very much because we were too old.

Lillian had her plans all figured out.

I never worried about her for a minute. Even as a child she would tell me that she knew what she wanted to be. She wanted to be a famous movie director, but not just that, she also wanted to be a writer. She had a directors chair in her room from the moment she grew up to be a child. I had no doubt that she would grow up to be an amazing person. She wanted to get married as well and have exactly three children. Two boys and a girl, but she didn't want twins. She learned from my stories that she didn't want to go through the pain of two babies. I tried to tell her that they were worth ever ounce of pain. She was excited for high school and wanted to focus mainly on English classes. I was proud of her for having a set goal in mind and a path figured out. I just hope that nothing would stand in her way.

As for her brother, well that was a different story all together...

The first thing that my Bryan did was get contacts. He hated his glasses and made sure we knew that from day one. His plans for school were as opposite from Lilli's and that scared me. He was going to choose the laid back approach and just coast through high school as he put it. He did have plans of joining the football team though, so hopefully he would choose a career out of that. He was quick to make friends and often had them over after school. I swear they were going to eat us out of house and home, at least I think that was the saying. He ended up making the football team as the quarter back, number 45, and he was so proud. He had to make a deal with us though that his grades would not slip and if they did then he would have to quit. One day he came home and told us that he wanted to be a coach when he grew up, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to do High School level. Bryan had a knack for children, and it was really amazing to watch. I knew that he would be an amazing father when or if he chose to have children.

That was my life though.

I wanted a different life, and I made one for myself and for my children.

What more could I want?

The End.

Probably not my best ending, but I literally don't have any more ideas. I'm sad that this story died, but I just wasn't into it anymore. I do plan on doing another story, but I don't know how I want to do it yet. Thank you for sticking around and I hope you enjoyed it.
My Stories:
-----

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2018, 09:34:17 PM »
Nice wrap-up, Ally. I look forward to your next story.

anything