Author Topic: A Different Life *Complete*  (Read 14346 times)

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
Re: A Different Life
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 12:16:03 AM »
I think my favorite part of the rain was just listening to it. I don't know why but it was a calming sound and it relaxed me. However it wasn't so relaxing being soaking wet but thankfully it was warm out so it wasn't so bad. I was still at the same park and had to hang out in the bathroom to escape the rain most of the time. If I knew the weather was going to be bad though I would ask to sleep over at a friends house. I was thankful now to have friends that cared about me, I was still unsure if I could include Valarie in that though. After she got me the apartment she didn't really reach out to me, I guess I didn't either though. She was doing me a favor though by keeping Cupcake for a while. The second thing that I loved about the rain was the mud puddles that came with it.

"Morning Beth." Chloe greeted.

"Morning." I half smiled.

I went to put my things away but Chloe stopped me.

"Beth, can we talk?" She asked.

"Of course."

She walked me away from customers and other workers.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You've been late a few times in the past week and a half and when you do show up you aren't here mentally."

"I'm sorry, I know I have been not on my game but I have been living off of park benches and some of them are really far away."

"I like you Beth, and I feel for your situation but I'm sorry I am going to have to let you go."

"What?! You can't do that!"

"I'm sorry."

"Please give me another chance!" I begged.

But she held her hand out for my badge. I sighed and dug it out of my bag and handed it to her before turning around and walking back out the door. Before I left though she did hand me my last check so the first thing I did was head to the bank. I cashed the check and went to a private place to count my money. Between my last couple paychecks, what was suppose to be rent, and the money from the insurance for the fire, I had almost a thousand dollars. I had to be able to do something about a place for the amount I had.

"Excuse me?" I asked walking up to the teller.

"Yes?"

"Do you know of a place I could go to talk to someone about housing arrangements?"

She gave me directions for a housing company that helped those in need of a house achieve just that. I thanked her just before leaving and started walking in that direction. It took almost an hour but I was able to find the place and thankfully they were still open. It was a nice little building and once you stepped inside you got a breeze of cold air. I was greeted immediately by this older woman and she led me to her desk. I sat down on the right chair in front of her desk and gave her my simplest of information.

"So, what can I do for you today?" She asked.

She got her pen and some kind of form ready and looked up at me and smiled.

"I've been homeless for quite a while. I had an apartment but it was destroyed in a fire by faulty wiring. I'm back to being homeless and now I've lost my job. I have a birthday tomorrow and I fully plan on getting a job that pays better as soon as I can. I just need a house to rent if at all possible."

"What was your old job and how long were you there?"

"Well due to my age I had slim pickings and had to work as a clerk for a grocery store. I was there for a few months and until recently they seemed to really like me."

"I see, how is your budget?"

I laid what I had on the table. She took it and counted it before laying it back down and scanning her computer screen. The silence was killing me as I sat there and hoped to whatever god was out there that it would be good news. At this point I would take a tent to live in.

"Well, it's been deemed as kind of a crappy house, but we do have one that you could afford." She finally told me.

"Really?!" I gasped.

"Yes. Here is a list of things wrong with it, please give it a look over really quick-"

"I'll take it." I said before she could even hand me the list.

She was amazed, but we filled out the paperwork and I handed her the money. I was left with about fifty dollars which would be used towards food. I smiled when she handed me the key and I thanked her a million times. I couldn't believe my luck! The first thing I wanted to do was call Connor but he wasn't answering.

"CONNOR! You have to call me back!! Babe! Call me!" I squealed.

I finally walked up to my house. Did you hear that?! I have a house!

"Cupcake we are here!" I told her.

I went to pick her up right after I got out of the housing place.

I walked up the stairs and unlocked the door. The realtor wasn't joking when she said that it wasn't the nicest place, but to me it was perfect. It was my home that I could make my own and I was so excited to be able to do just that. I closed the door behind me and walked through the rooms, the walls had several tears in them but nothing that a little paint couldn't fix. The backyard was huge as well! That night I could barely sleep, what was my luck?! I went from being jobless to no longer being homeless! I laid on the air mattress that was my bed and stared at the ceiling as I imagined the conversation with Connor. He was going to be thrilled!

The excitement only continued as I aged up into a young adult! Real job here I come!

There was a small secret I had. Just a little dream I had been keeping to myself. I did dream of owning my own veterinarian clinic even though it seemed far fetched. I would have to have a lot of money for that to even be a thing. I would get a job in the time being and see where my luck would take me. I was full of hope now that this worked out so well.

"Can you believe it Cupcake!" I screamed.

Cupcake looked up from her bed long enough to glare at me before going back to sleep.

"WEEEEE!"

I spun around in my living room.

I haven't felt this kind of happiness in, well, a very long time. Is this what it felt like? I feel like I could run laps and my heart was about to literally pound out of my chest. I sent Connor a long text message about what all that happened since he hadn't called me back. I included pictures of the house and the address in case he wanted to send me letters. The garden around the house was also so beautiful. It had a lot of beautiful flowers of all colors and it had pretty trees that had a lot of birds in it. I could continue my bird watching traditions in the mornings!

"You could break my heart in two, but when it heals, it beats for you. I know it's forward, but it's true." I sang.

I was out in the yard doing some yard work. It was finally not raining but it was awfully hot out so I had as little clothes on as I possibly could. I stood up and danced a little as the music continued to play through my headphones. What I didn't know was that someone was walking up behind me.

"I wanna hold you when I'm not supposed to, when I'm lying close to someone else. You're stuck in my head and I can't get you out of it. If I could do it all again, I know I'd go back to you."

I hummed along with the song as I turned around and literally screamed and went to smack the person. He caught my hand before in collided with his face.

"Hey baby." He smiled.

I covered my mouth and immediately started to sob into my hands.

"Shocked?"

"This isn't real." I cried.

"It is baby."

"You're not here." I sobbed.

He giggled and looked at the ground before looking at me.

"Connor?" I cried.

"Hi beautiful."

"Oh my god!"

I cried harder as he pulled me in his arms.

"Still obsessed with that Selena Gomez song I see." He whispered.

I cried into his shoulder.

"How did you do it?" I asked later on.

"Do what?" He asked.

"Get here without me knowing?"

"Well, I told a little white lie and told you that I was with family. I knew that would make you think that I was just too busy to really talk normally. Then, I got on the plane and took the longest plane ride of my life. When I got off the plane you conveniently had sent me a message with your address. So all that was left was taking a long taxi ride to your house and then the walk up to see my amazingly beautiful girlfriend dancing and singing."

My cheeks burned, "I cannot believe you saw that."

"No being shy, it was cute."

We went back outside after we had eaten some food.

"Oh! Wait here!" I said.

I rushed into the house and grabbed his box. I rushed back outside and stood in front of him with a green box with a white box.

"I made this for you." I told him.

"For me? What is it?" He asked me.

He opened up the box and inside lay all the letters I had written to him so far.

"What are these?" He asked.

"I've been writing to you when I felt lonely and you weren't around. Just my thoughts and feelings of whatever was going on that day. You can read them when you want and it doesn't have to be all at once."

"Thank you baby, that was really sweet."

He covered the box back up and gave me a kiss. It just happened and my heart leapt out of my chest as I realized that this was our first kiss. His lips were soft and caring as he pulled away, I immediately blushed and smiled.

"I've waited so long to be able to do that." He said.

"Worth the wait I hope."

"And then some." He smiled.

Was this really happening?!

Things seemed to have taken a change for the better for Beth! Also thank you for the over 200 views so far!

Also, I DO NOT own the song. It's Back to You by Selena Gomez.
My Stories:
Figuring It Out / Something to Hide *Complete*
-----
It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going.
And when it's dark out, no one's around, it keeps glowing. <3

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2018, 11:36:18 PM »
Ally, I have been very busy, so I haven't been able to keep up on schedule, but I like where this story is going so far. Having Connor show up definitely seems a turning point. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 03:43:31 PM »
Having Connor here was amazing, wonderful, and weird all at the same time. It was strange not having to wake up each morning and message him or message him every time I went to bed. I could just walk into the other room and he was there. It was an adjustment for both of us, especially for him though being in another country. He's been here for two weeks already and it's been a busy couple weeks. I've taken him everywhere, to the multiple parks I've stayed at, to the art museum and the apartment I stayed at. I even bravely showed him my so called parents house as well. We stayed a good distance away so we weren't spotted though because I would always have that fear of being found. Now we were back home and just wanting to relax and be with each other. He was hoping to be able to stay for another month. Cupcake loved him, at times I thought she loved him more than she loved me. She would always curl up on his lap when we would sit on the couch.

Sleeping arrangements rotated in the beginning though. We both agreed not to sleep in the same bed until we were both comfortable with it. Really though it was him making sure that I was comfortable with it before we shared a bed. It wasn't that I didn't love him but I had never shared a bed with anyone. I was also nervous about the whole... adult stuff, I've never done that before. I knew he wouldn't do that before I was ready to do it, but I didn't want to disappoint him. So we would trade between me sleeping on the couch and him in the bed and vice versa. Normally Cupcake would sleep wherever he would sleep though because apparently I'm no longer loved.

"I know it's not much." I randomly said.

"What isn't?" He questioned.

"The house, there's holes in the wall and the carpets are disgusting."

"Babe, it's fine. I'm just glad you are happy and safe."

"I am looking forward to being able to afford an actual bed." I giggled.

"It's a little uncomfortable but not horrible. I bet it's better than the park benches."

"For sure."

I looked at him and smiled, there were moments still where I couldn't believe that he was actually here. I dreaded the day that we would have to say goodbye and go back to being long distance, but I know that it was unavoidable.

It was raining a lot less now and the temperature was now to the point where you could be outside comfortably.

"The weather here is nice." Connor said.

"It really is."

I smiled.

"Shall we let Cupcake out?"

"Sure go a head."

Sometimes I would let Cupcake out, she would stay around the house and I didn't worry about traffic. Where the house was placed it was away from the road which was nice at night because you couldn't hear any cars. Cupcake trotted down the stairs and went straight to the patch of grass that she enjoyed eating the most. I smiled and spread my arms out to the side and looked at the sky. I could sense Connor standing there smiling at me with pride.

"You're beautiful." He said.

"Am not." I said blushing.

"Well you are to me."

He walked over and pulled me in his arms. I laid my head on his shoulder and watched as Cupcake jumped up and tried to catch a butterfly.

"I'm so glad you're here." I said.

We were on the couch that night before bedtime.

"I am too." He said.

"I never want you to go back."

Normally he would tell me that he knows, but this time he was hesitant.

"Baby?" I said.

He broke apart from our little cuddle.

"What would you say if I never left?" He asked.

"What?"

He sighed and stood up and started to pace.

"I received a phone call earlier from my parents. They kicked me out Beth, just like that. No explanation, no warnings, nothing. I have no where to go."

I looked at him as he paced, I could see that he was really worried about this. I grabbed his hand when he got closer and pulled him back down on the couch, I turned towards him and brushed his cheek.

"Babe, I know we just started this thing with you being here, but if you need a place to stay... Stay with me." I looked in his eyes.

"But leaving my country, my home..."

I knew this was eating him up inside, he was being forced to choose between his country and his girl.

"I don't know how to help you with this." I said, my voice cracking with the fresh tears in my eyes.

He looked up at me.

"Can I stay here? Until I make a decision?" He asked me.

"Of course."

I offered a warm smile before kissing him gently.

"Thanks baby, it means a lot."

Sorry for the delay! I've been busy at work and between them I was learning how to fix the size of the pictures! I hope you guys enjoy =]
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 02:18:05 AM »
"So, tell me about this dream of yours." Connor said, sitting down on the porch next to me.

"It's silly." I shook my head.

"No it's not, tell me."

"I don't know, I just thought it might be a cool thing to do to open up my own vet clinic."

"You should do it!" He encouraged.

"Oh yeah, let me just get up right now and go do it." I huffed.

"What's stopping you?"

I looked at him like he was crazy.

"I don't know, it's just a lot right now and I'll have to research."

"Take your time baby, but I think you should go for it."

I smiled and kissed him. He got up from the steps and headed off to work. He landed a job for the time being as a tech guru, he wanted to contribute while he made the decision about staying. I tried to fight it but he was stubborn and wouldn't listen to me.

"Hi Cupcake!" I greeted.

I sat down on the couch and scratched the side of her face.

Could I really open up my own business? What if I was recognized?

...what if I was recognized?

I don't know how to describe it, but suddenly something snapped on the inside of me. I stopped petting Cupcake which caused her to object with a meow, I quickly took out my phone and opened up the web browser. I searched the local paper's website and went to the section where it allowed you to write a post and it could possibly end up in the paper. I filled out the form before I got the the most important part.

My name is Elizabeth Gipson,

That's right, you read that correctly. I am the daughter of Brett and Lillian Gipson of which you know own and run Gipson and Gipson. The story they are spinning is that I went missing, well this was the truth. However I am sure they made it seem like someone took me, but this was not the truth. The real truth, my truth, is that I decided to run away. Why you ask? Why would a high schooler that had everything she could ever want in life run away willingly? Often times in life you think that because you have money, because you have every item you could ever want, because you have the nice clothes and fancy car, that you are happy. For me, it was the complete opposite. I felt like I was just a token in my parents game and I was sick of living that life. You have these dinner parties with people you barely even know and most of them are snobs. I couldn't tell you how many times I wanted to run out the door or dreaded having to wear that same dress over and over again.

In a sense it felt like my life was not my life to live. Running away was my way of taking a stand and telling the rich world that I had have enough. I am done hiding, and I am done skating around hoping not to be spotted. So go ahead, find me. Because I'm a young adult now, not that you care, and you cannot touch me. I am safe and I am free. I know that this letter will upset people, but honestly maybe it needs to be said. If you feel trapped, there is a way. If you feel scared, there is hope. If you feel alone, you are not. I refuse to ever feel the way you made me feel ever again.

Because for once in my life, I am happy.

Yours truly,

Beth

I read my post several times, it wasn't the longest article ever but I feel like it was the perfect amount. I took a deep breath before hitting send. I had no doubt in my mind that it would be published, especially with the content of the article. I nodded before standing up and walking to the kitchen. It was almost time for Connor to get home seeing as it was his short shift today. I wasn't your typical white picket fence, bend to his every whim, kind of girl. However, I did enjoy making dinner for him. Tonight's special I decided was baked ham served with mash potatoes and corn.

"I'm home!" Connor said.

"I made dinner!" I called.

"Smells amazing."

I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"So, I wrote an article for the paper today." I told him.

"Yeah? About what?"

"Coming clean, I told them who I was and why I ran away and everything."

"Oh wow! Baby! That took courage! I am so proud of you!"

He pulled me in a hug.

"Thank you." I told him.

We walked hand in hand into the kitchen and we enjoyed the meal.

"You know, we aren't going to know what the movie is about if you keep staring at me like that." Connor giggled.

"So?" I questioned.

"Don't you want to know?"

"Maybe I don't." I said.

"Watch the movie you dork."

I huffed and turned around and continued to watch the movie. It was actually kind of boring which was why I was having issues paying attention. Connor seemed to enjoy it though so I stuck through it.

Later that night it started to storm. I was outside when the thunder started and it startled me.

"GAH!" I screamed.

"WHAT?!" Conner yelled.

"It's storming!"

I was standing just outside the back door as Connor walked out.

"Oh, it is." He agreed.

We stood there for a moment before I felt Connor grab my hand and dragged me into the yard.

"Connor! WHAT! It's raining!"

"So?!"

"Connor!"

"Let's have some fun!"

The next thing I knew I was being pelted with a mud ball.

"CONNOR!" I shrieked.

"Score!" He cheered.

"I'm going to kill you!"

I grabbed a bunch of mud and packed it the best that I could and hurled it towards him. It missed by a mile and I quickly ran to a different mud pile to make the next. I felt some mud hit me as his mud ball flew right over me.

"HAHA You missed me!" I screamed.

I threw mine and it smacked him dead in the chest.

"OW!"

"Now you know how it feels!"

By the time we were finished our entire bodies were covered in mud. A shower never sounded so good as it did right now. I waited outside as he showered first and secretly prayed that he would choose to stay with me.

I'm enjoying Seasons so far! I cannot wait to get to Autumn and Winter though! I started in Summer I believe!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2018, 11:39:43 PM »
I was sitting cross legged on the couch watching some old black and white movie that I wasn't paying attention too. I was browsing my phone on some kind of forum that people had that started their own vet clinic. The numbers I saw were doing nothing but breaking my heart as they were well over anything that I could afford with my whopping eight hundred dollars. I sighed and tried to fight the tears that were coming. I threw my phone to the side and focused on the television. So what if my dream wouldn't come true? At least I had a home, Cupcake, and most importantly Connor. I would be fine.

"Everything is going to be fine." I told Cupcake who was sitting on the floor looking at me.

She tilted her head before getting up and walking to her food dish.

I looked at the clock, Connor should be home in an hour. I hadn't even started dinner so I got up and walked into the kitchen. I didn't feel like cooking and we had left over chicken from the other night so I threw it on the stove to heat it up. Once we got the extra money I wanted to get a microwave to put in the kitchen. I was still trying to convince myself that I wasn't heartbroken about my dream crashing before it even became a possible thing. Denial me thought I was doing wonderful at it, but realistic me knew that I was upset about it. I got the sides ready to go and before I knew it Connor was walking through the door.

"Hello." I said.

Connor walked through the kitchen door and kissed my cheek. We still haven't kissed officially, he said he wanted it to be special so I was just waiting.

"Hey baby. How was your day?" He asked.

"It was okay." I said.

He sat down at the table.

"Smells good."

"Thanks."

I silently brought everything to the table and sat down with my plate before handing him one.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing."

"Bull crap."

I sighed.

"I'm not opening a clinic."

"Why not?"

I explained to him everything from not being able to afford the building let alone the equipment that went with it. Of course he told me that we would look into it, but I had already done that earlier. We sat there quietly while I ate and he stared at me, it made me slightly uncomfortable because I hated when people stared at me while I ate. I finished my chicken before getting up and washing my plate. He stood up and walked behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

"We will figure it out." He told me.

"It's fine, I don't need it."

"Baby."

"Connor, it's fine. I'll look in the paper tomorrow for a job."

"Why are you being like this?!"

"Like what?! Realistic?!"

"No, ready to just give up?!"

"Because Connor, where are we going to find that kind of money?!"

"We can go to the bank and see about a loan."

I sighed.

"Fine. Ignore me." He snapped.

He walked out of the room.

"Connor!" I called after him.

It took a few hours but Connor finally came and apologized to me. I agreed to go to the bank for a loan when I was ready but I didn't want to move too fast. He agreed to give me the time I needed but didn't want me to get a job in the mean time. He was making good money at the computer tech place that he worked at. Sure we weren't the richest, but we were getting by pretty well. He still hadn't made up his mind about what he wanted to do and I didn't push him on the subject. He would tell me when he figured it out and was ready to tell me. I walked outside to find these weird rocks in the backyard. I picked one up and looked at it, but I didn't recognize what it was. I took my phone out and and researched the number for the specialists of this kind of thing.

I described the rock to them and they told me what it was. I couldn't say the name to save my life though, but each one gave me about one hundred and fifty dollars which helped. I knew it would take a while but I couldn't wait until we could start remodeling the house and painting. I could imagine what it would look like with nice carpet or wood flooring and painted walls. We had to splurge a little bit though and get Connor a gaming system because apparently work wanted him to improve on his gaming knowledge and skill. So we found one that was cheap and could actually hook up to our dated television.

"Don't enjoy yourself too much." I told him.

"Oh I love this!" He beamed.

"This is for work, remember?" I asked.

He chuckled as I walked away.

He ended up getting a bonus at work a week later.

"I'm so proud of you." I told him.

"Thank you baby." He smiled.

"And you are sure you don't want me to get a job?"

"Absolutely not. The only job you are going to have is running your business."

I nodded.

"We'll find a way baby, I promise you that."

"I know, I just wish that I could afford it on my own."

"Look at it this way, you're borrowing the money for it right now and then in no time the clinic will be able to pay it back."

"I guess." I shrugged, but I was still worried.

"Come outside with me."

He grabbed my hand and led me to the backyard.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

He turned to face me, we were under the big tree in the backyard by the flowers. It was beginning to be fall so the leaves were slowly falling from the trees and that meant soon we would have to rake them up. I loved the fall though, the cool weather and the pretty trees. I looked at him quizzingly, I had no idea what he was about to do, but what he did made my heart leap to the moon.

"I love you." He started.

"I love you too." I smiled.

"You know I've been noticing your stressed out lately, and I want nothing more to take that stress away from you."

I looked at him.

"I wanted this to be special, but I know with you it will be. We don't need some fancy dinner and an overly expensive place for this to take place at. Because as long as you are here, nothing could be more special."

"What are you on about?" I questioned.

He placed his hand on my shoulder gently and my heart sped up.

"I love you."

Before I knew what was happening he kissed me gently and I could swear the world didn't even exist at that moment.

"I love you too." I whispered after we broke apart.

He smiled and smoothed my hair from the side of my face and tucked it behind my ear.

"Never leave." I said suddenly.

"Okay." Was all he said.

"What?" I gasped.

"I'll stay."

I immediately started to cry and I covered my mouth.

"Who was I kidding? There is no way I could leave you now." He smiled.

He grabbed me out of no where and gave me a passionate kiss.

This. This was the start of our story.

ALL the exciting things! =D
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 03:09:39 AM »
"I called the bank today." I told Connor.

"What did they say?" He asked.

"They can help me with a loan, I just need to find a place."

"That's great!"

He came over and kissed me.

"Thank you for supporting me." I told him when we broke apart.

"I wouldn't dream of anything but supporting you."

"This could be really good, you know? Yeah, see you'll be at work and I can be at the clinic and we'll finally make it! We'll make it!"

I looked at him with a bundle of nerves and excitement fluttering through my entire body.

"You are so cute when you are excited about something."

The way he was looking at me, and the way he was holding me in his arms, it filled me with such hope that everything will be okay.

"Let's play some games." He said.

We sat on the couch.

"I'm going to kick your butt!" I told him.

"You think so?"

"I know so."

What ended up happening was the complete opposite though, because he won in a matter of minutes.

"That's fine, I need to be up early anyway." I told him.

He giggled at me acting like I was fine with it.

"Why do you have to be up early?"

"The bank needs a decision soon, so I have to look at places."

"I work tomorrow or else I would go with. Make sure to message me though, I can help you decide."

"I will."

Morning came fast then I wanted it too and I rolled out of bed. I began my day with a bowl of cereal before hopping into the shower. I picked out my best outfit and it honestly was probably the nicest outfit I've worn since being at my parents house. I brushed my hair and put on some light makeup before heading out the door. The bank had given me the max loan amount number to keep in mind while I looked at places. The first three I had looked at were very nice, they had all the nicest machines and everything. The problem was that they were all way out of the budget and that upset me the most. I had already been on and off the phone with Connor every time I was told no because I was bummed. Where was my excitement that I had yesterday?

I was honestly ready to just give up. Connor had been dealing with my crying all day and it wasn't fair to him when he had to focus on work. I decided to walk home even though it was far away, I didn't feel like the whole dealing with a cab driver today. The small talk and acting like I was happy just didn't sound like anything I wanted to do right now. I watched everyone as they walked down the sidewalks with their dogs. I wanted to be their vet, and I knew I could do a good job. This city already had a vet clinic, but it wasn't a very good one. I could do better and I knew I could but I needed a building to do it in. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be and that some dreams were just that, dreams. I was halfway home when I saw a sign, and not one of those metaphor signs, an actual sign.

FOR SALE!

I stopped and looked at the building. I picked up one of the papers that were in the plastic case that offered the price and what the building had. I read it all over and I could feel the excitement creeping back in. It was perfect! It had just enough rooms and the price was just below the maximum loan price! I wanted to stay away from the maximum but I had no doubt that I could pay it back in no time!

"YES!" I screamed.

Several people looked at me as I screamed but I didn't care. I took the paper and folded it before practically running to the bank which was luckily not too far away.

A Month Later

This was it.

After weeks of renovation and getting everything set up we were finally about to open up the doors to my very own clinic. I took deep breaths as I walked up to the building.

I wished that Connor could be here with me, but I knew he had to work. Renovation wasn't as easy as I thought it would be and there was often times where I would have to help myself. Which was fine because I didn't mind a little dirt on my hands, in fact it felt amazing to help them build my dream. This was it, my dream was finally coming true and it felt like I was still asleep. I stood in the main lobby of my clinic. The lobby had the main desk, the check in kiosk, a table and chairs for guests to relax along with a couch, and a mini fridge. We were able to include two exam rooms, a surgical department (the only in the city I might add), and an extra room for testing samples and blood. I filled the liter box in the bathroom and filled the food dish up along with the automatic feeder. I wanted pets and their owners to feel as comfortable as possible here.

I hired my first employee!

Her name is Alice, and she would help me with examining the patients. She's had past experience with being a vet and went to school for five years so her background was clear.

"Good morning!" I greeted.

"Morning! I'm excited to start and I won't let you down!" She smiled.

"I'm sure you will do fine!"

Our very first patient's name was Blue. He was a very nice pup who was feeling a bit dazed.

"Hello Blue!" I greeted.

He groaned.

"Let's get you back to an exam room."

I could have let Alice take this one, but I liked the thought of examining the first patient. I quickly changed into my scrubs and led Blue and his owner back to an exam room.

"What seems to be the problem?" I asked her.

"He's been throwing up more recently." She told me.

"Any change in diet?"

"No."

"You're doing great Blue!"

He gave me a small woof before letting me examine him a bit more.

"Well it seems like it's just a bug. I'll give him some medication if that is okay?"

"Of course."

I always wanted to make sure it was fine with the owner before administering medication. That was a policy I felt strongly about because you never wanted to give their animal something they weren't aware of.

"Now, this should help him. If it doesn't and the vomiting persists please bring him back right away."

"Thank you so much!"

"Of course, you were my first patient Blue! I hope to see you soon, but only if you are feeling better!"

She smiled and left with Blue.

I took a deep breath and exhaled. First patient went smoothly and the overall day was going smoothly as well. Alice was handling a lot more patients than I thought she could so I was happy that I had hired her. The day went so fast and honestly most of the day went in a blur because we were so busy. I barely had time to message Connor back when he wanted to know how things were going. We didn't get just dogs either! We had a few kittens and cats along the way. Alice was dealing with a recurring patient so I took the last dog that came in.

"Hello Buster!"

I greeted his owner and we walked back into the exam room.

"He has been running a fever." The owner told me.

"Oh no!"

I raised the table and began to examine him, his skin did feel a bit warmer than normal.

"Okay, we're going to take your temperature and you won't like it." I giggled.

After my exam I prescribed him some medicine to him and they were on their way. I smiled and walked into the other exam room where Alice was finishing up with her patient.

"After that Alice, clean up and you are good to go."

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Of course, you did awesome today!"

"Thank you."

Once Alice left I closed up shop and headed home to my baby. Today was such a good day and I could not wait to tell him about it.

Dreams do come true! I think Beth is going to like being a vet!
My Stories:
-----

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 03:23:14 AM »
"Okay, we're going to take your temperature and you won't like it."

This made me laugh!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 01:01:11 AM »
"Hi." I said.

Connor walked through the door from work looking exhausted.

"Hi." He said.

I walked over to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"How was the clinic today?" He asked.

"It's going well."

I had been spending a lot of time at the clinic, and as much as I didn't like to admit it I was there more than I should be. We were still brand new though and there was a lot to do outside of just taking care of pets. I had paperwork to do and there were little things here and there that I had to repair. I knew it was hard for Connor coming home to me being gone after a long day because I knew he wanted to see me.

"I know I've been gone a lot lately." I started.

I had a daisy in hand.

"I also know that this is a silly little flower, but I hope that it will make up for the time that I have been gone." I told him.

"I do miss you but I understand why you need to be there." He said.

"I just want to get this perfect and the reviews aren't as well as I would have hoped."

"You just started out babe, it'll happen."

"So do you like the flower?" I asked.

"Of course I do."

But, it was back to the clinic with me early in the morning. Shipment day was here and we were getting some of the best medicine around town and it was actually exciting. I was there an hour before the truck guy got there and he loaded the boxes in the main lobby. Along with the new medicine we also got the shipment of new scrubs, the pink and white stuck out too much. I had them ready to go by the time Alice got here, and I also hired a new girl as well. I believe her name was Marquin, but I am bad at names most of the time. I hummed along to the music as I filled the medicine cabinet up before taking the boxes to the dumpster.

"Morning!" Alice greeted as I walked back in.

"Good morning! We have a new hire starting today, I'm going to need you to show her the ropes!" I smiled.

"Awesome!"

"New scrubs are on the counter!"

She walked inside as I checked the mail. Nothing but junk which was fine by me. I walked inside just in time to see Alice in the new scrubs.

"They look great!"

An hour later we were open and today was going to be a long day. Every Wednesday we had a twelve hour day to spread awareness to the clinic. It probably wouldn't always be this way, but right now I thought it would be the best.

"Gus! Good morning!" I greeted.

"Morning Beth." He smiled.

Gus was one of our regulars with his dog Walter, and honestly they were probably one of my favorites.

"How is Walter? Everything okay?" I asked.

"Of course! We are just here for his shots." He told me.

"Let's go."

I took them back to the exam room and got Walter on the table and raised it up.

"Well Walter, it's lucky for you that you are my first customer of the day!"

He looked up at me and smiled.

"Let's get you that shot."

I walked over and washed my hands real quick before getting the proper dose of shot and headed back to Walter. I gave him a few pets before spreading his fur so that I could get to his skin. He gave me a small yelp as the needle went in and I did it fast.

"Good boy!" I told him.

I gave him a treat and ruffled behind his ears.

"Good boy!"

I forgot to mention that on top of the new meds we also had more exam tables delivered at a cheap price for buying multiple. I made my way to one of the exam rooms to check on the new employee.

"How are we doing in here?" I asked.

"Doing fine." She said.

I walked over and looked over the chart as she gave the examination.

"I'm just finishing up here." She told me.

"Oh! No, I'm not double checking your work, I just wanted to see what this precious little kitties name is!"

Marquin smiled.

"Let me know if you need anything, you are doing great!"

"Thank you."

Six hours in, and six more to go.

"Beth?" Alice asked.

"Yeah?"

I was doing some lab work.

"I need to leave early." She said.

"Everything okay?" I asked, stopping what I was doing.

"Yeah, um, my little brother got sick at school and I need to go get him for my mom. I'm sorry."

"Oh no! That's fine! Go and text me later with how he's doing!"

"Thank you!"

I smiled as she turned to leave and clock out. I made a mental note to give her a little bonus for the time she would lose, I couldn't give her all of it but I could help out a little.

The strangest pet I had run into ever came into the clinic today.

I mean, really weird.

I treated a raccoon, that's right, a raccoon.

"You must think I'm strange." The owner said.

"No, no I'm sorry."

"Don't be, but when this little guy got injured I took him in, and I guess I couldn't just let him go."

"That's sweet of you."

I walked through the front door of the house after a long twelve hours. I could sense the tension as soon as I slipped my shoes off. I walked passed Connor who was sitting on the couch and went into the bathroom where I stepped in the same water puddle that was there when I left this morning. I sighed and walked into the kitchen before grabbing the mop and going into the bathroom. I mopped up the puddle while Connor sat on the couch watching TV.

"You could have mopped this up." I told him.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

I glared at him.

"You're kidding me right?" I snapped.

"What?"

"I've been working for twelve hours Connor."

"And I worked six, your point?"

I looked at him for a moment.

"My point is that it takes two seconds to mop up a puddle."

"I said I was sorry."

"Look, I know that I'm working a lot lately but I need help around the house Connor!"

"I'll mop up the darn puddle okay?"

"It's not about the puddle Connor!" I screamed.

"Do not scream at me!" He snapped.

"I just need help okay."

He could sense that I was about to get upset, and I hated the thought of that being what stops the fight because I don't want to be emotional.

"We will figure this out baby." He said.

I just hoped we would make it through this with our relationship in tact.

I'm honestly liking this vet job! Hopefully it's not too much though!
My Stories:
-----

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2018, 01:26:49 AM »
I don't have Pets yet. Does it really have raccoons or did you have to paint a cat funny?

Either way, good update!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2018, 04:24:18 AM »
Game generates Racoons based on the cat template and Foxes based on dogs.  They are quite rare in game, so super cool to have one at the vets.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2018, 08:19:27 PM »
"Blue! Welcome back!"

I led Blue and his owner into an exam room, Alice offered to take care of him but he was a special pupper here seeing has he was our first patient.

"What brings you guys in today? Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Oh yes! I just need to get him checked up!"

"Of course."

I lowered the table and began to examine him. He was overall a healthy dog, I saw him leading a very long and healthy life. I softly pet him as he panted happily.

"Things are perfectly fine." I told her.

"That is great."

"This visit is on me." I smiled.

"You don't have to do that."

I told her that I knew but I wanted to do it.

The clinic was doing amazing. The reviews were slowly getting better but we were still in the yellow. Wait time has improved with the extra person and the extra exam tables but I knew it was only a matter of time where we would have to move to another location. Connor told me that I needed to slow down because I low key had plans for how I wanted the new place to look. One step at a time though, one step at a time. I had a rough patch with the employees because I couldn't figure out how much to pay them but once I figured it out they seemed happy. I was also able to have enough to send them for extra training on top of it. They weren't happy at first but I could see the difference afterwards. Alice has been here with me from day one and I could see the growth in her which is why she is my highest paid vet here. Along with the business doing well the house grew better as well. We were actually able to do some redecorating and we got a new bed! That's right, I said it, an actual bed!

No more holes in the walls and crappy carpeting, it was the best feeling ever honestly. Just in enough time for winter too and I could not wait to start decorating! I went shopping after work one day and surprised Connor, it wasn't anything over the top but some things here and there. I forgot to take a picture of it, but in the spare room we had I set up a Christmas tree. I would have to remember to take a picture for next time.

"I love it!" Connor said.

"I know it's not much and you probably are used to more at home." I whispered.

"Baby, it's perfect."

I was worried that I would let him down. I didn't know how he celebrated Christmas even, but I'm sure it was more fancy than this. The next goal for the house was new appliances but we both agreed to wait a little bit longer. Who knows what the future would bring us or where we would be in a few months.

"You sure?" I asked.

"I promise you I love it."

"They're creeping me out." I told Connor.

"I'm sure it's just some kid pranking us." He told me.

"But a grim reaper? That's like a sign..."

"No one is going to die."

I sighed.

"Baby, it's fine."

We've had gnomes showing up randomly in places in the yard. It happened out of the blue and neither one of us saw where they were coming from. I decided instead of keeping them in the house I would put them in the backyard. That way I wouldn't have to look at them everyday because they honestly gave me the creeps. Connor told me that they were harmless, but I still didn't like them one bit.

Soon after that the snow came! I woke up one morning and the ground was covered in shiny glittery snow.

"CONNOR! WAKE UP!"

He groaned.

"WAKE UP!"

I shook him until he was awake.

"IT'S SNOWING!"

It took a little bit but I finally managed to convince him to go outside with me and play in the snow. The first activity of course was a snow ball fight, I've never been able to enjoy the snow as a kid. I didn't even get to go outside much because either my parents wouldn't let me or the paparazzi would be so bad that I had to stay inside.

"What's next on your little list in your head?" Connor smiled.

"Uhhh, snowman!" I cheered.

"Let's build the best one!"

You would think our hands would be cold with no gloves, but we were having so much fun to care.

"Well, I think we did a wonderful job." He said.

He brushed his hands off.

"I love it!" I giggled.

We stood back and looked at our creation.

By Monday morning however, it was back to work. I loved our weekends, because the clinic was closed unless there was an emergency and Connor was off on weekends. I did however, bring Cupcake with me. Maybe she could make some friends with the other kitties that came in.

I'm enjoying seasons so much! It's worth it to anyone who is thinking of getting it!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2018, 09:26:13 PM »
Our yard was going to be covered in nothing but snowman's by the time that winter was over. Connor enjoyed making them with me, and I wasn't about to complain. We would give them backstories as well. Like the first one we made, the evil looking one? His name was Sir George and he was an undercover mob boss, one of the meanest in his city of snowmen. He grew up in the mob and couldn't count how many snowmen he's melted in his life. The one you see here? This is Grandma Apple, known for her homemade apple pie. Her grandchildren would pick her the best apples they could find so that she could bake for them. Her gloves were handmade by her granddaughter as well as her scarf. It really had become a hobby for us.

Christmas was coming, and I was super excited. It would be our first Christmas together and the first Christmas I could enjoy! I would sneak in the Christmas room and look at all the presents under the tree.

"You better not be sneaking!" Connor barged in.

He made me jump.

"I'm not!" I told him.

"Good, because then you won't get any presents."

"I'm not five, that doesn't work on me." I teased.

"You want your gifts?" He asked.

I sighed and put the present down, "Yeah."

"Come here."

He pulled me into a kiss.

"You look adorable in my shirt." He whispered.

We were finally getting into the swing of our lives.

I've been trying to be better about not spending a lot of time at the clinic and delegating more. At one point it would be nice to have Alice be in charge so that I could leave early on some nights. Connor got a raise at work which helped and his boss was impressed at his work ethic. He seemed to enjoy his work as well which was a bonus. I also have gotten into the habit of bringing Cupcake to work with me so that she wasn't home alone and could be with other kitties. Connor warned me about it, but I'm sure nothing would happen.

"You're here early." Alice said walking up.

"Same to you." I told her.

"Forgot to do my paperwork last night before closing."

I nodded.

"You think Winter is almost over?" She asked looking at all the snow.

"I hope not, I actually love the snow."

She giggled as she watched me shovel.

"Well, we open in an hour would you like me to get things ready?" She asked.

"That would be great."

I was working towards getting enough reward points for lab coats for my staff. I know they weren't necessary but they looked really nice in the catalog. Depending on how they looked with our scrubs we may change the scrub color, but hopefully it'll look nice. I finished up shoveling and walked inside, I would admit that sometimes it felt like the days blended into each other and it was like I was on auto pilot. It was a short week though because of the holiday coming up. I made sure to have a few days off for the staff to spend with their families.

"Good morning!"

The first patients were coming through the door.

"Alice, I got this one. Will you go make some calming solution?" I asked.

"Of course." She smiled.

I led the kitty and their owner into an exam room.

"So, uh, you know how you said bringing Cupcake to the clinic may be a bad idea?" I asked Connor.

He just looked at me.

"Yes I remember saying that."

I bit my lip.

"Beth.."

"Well, you see, uh, you were right about that. She's pregnant."

He sighed.

"How many?" He asked.

"I'm not sure yet." I told him.

"What are we going to do?"

I looked at him.

"You want to keep them don't you?"

I looked at him again which caused him to sigh.

"We will see."

Since the clinic and his work was going so well we were able to splurge a little on ourselves before Christmas.

We got ourselves a new stove, a new fridge, and new cabinets!

Just in time for Christmas too!

"Merry Christmas." Connor told me.

"Merry Christmas!" I cheered.

"Shall we open gifts?"

"Finally!"

I beat him into the room which caused him to giggle at my excitement.

"You first!"

He grabbed one of his gifts and shook it.

"Just open it!"

He smiled and unwrapped the box.

"Wow! Baby thank you!" He said.

It was a new controller and video game for him.

"Do you like it?!" I asked.

"I love it!"

He kissed me.

"Your turn beautiful." He said.

I grabbed a gift and carefully unwrapped it before looking inside anxiously. It was a photo album and a really nice one with the words "Here's to Us" on the front of it.

"I know it may seem weird for a gift, but I figured we could fill it up together with pictures." He said nervously.

"Babe. I love it." I said.

"Now don't go all sappy on me yet." He smiled.

I hugged him. We opened up a few more gifts before we were finally finished. Over all it was a very nice Christmas and I couldn't wait to see what else was in store.

"So, how about after you cook dinner we watch a movie?" I asked.

I stood up from the floor brushing myself off.

"Now don't go running away from me yet." He told me.

I gave him a weird look.

"I have one more gift for you." He told me.

"But, I didn't get you anything else." I stumbled.

"I didn't expect you too."

"Babe-"

"Just listen." He told me.

I took a deep breath and nodded before gasping as he knelt down on one knee. My eyes went wide, my breathing stopped, and my palms went clammy.

"Elizabeth, we first started this crazy adventure in different countries. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, and I know we both had our doubts every now and then that this would even work. Getting to come to meet you was the best thing to ever happen to me, and the even better part was being kicked out of my house. Why? Because if gave me more time with my beautiful girlfriend. It took some learning, but we finally made it baby. We're here. So, would you do me the honor of becoming my bride?"

"Connor!" I cried.

I covered my mouth as I shook my head yes.

He smiled up at me as I took the ring and slipped it on my hand.

"Oh my god!" I gasped.

I was beautiful.

"I love you." I cried.

"I love you too baby."

He picked me up in his arms and spun me around.

The rest of the night was absolutely perfect in every way possible. He made this amazing chicken dinner for us and we ate at the table and talked about everything there was to do. After that we went to the living room and snuggled into a blanket and watched some sappy Christmas love story on SimMark channel. Connor even made it through the entire movie without falling asleep! I was so proud of him!

Before we knew it Cupcake had the babies. Two little kittens: one that looked exactly like her and one that was pure white. We were unsure of what we were going to do, keep them both, keep one of them, or just keep Cupcake. I tried not to think too much about it because the thought of giving up either of the kittens broke my heart into two pieces. Cupcake was so good with them too, she knew exactly what to do to be a mommy.

Things were going well in my life so far, and I couldn't believe in a short amount of time I was going to be someone's wife. The thought alone blew my mind, but I couldn't wait.

They're engaged! With kittens! Woo! What should they do? Keep them or get rid of them?
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2018, 10:23:12 PM »
"What are you doing?" Connor asked.

"Enjoying the snow." I said.

"You're going to get sick."

"I'm fine."

Spring was going to be here faster than we thought it would so I wanted to enjoy the snow while I could. I was probably the only one who loved winter, but it was just so beautiful.

Connor ended up talking me into coming in the house while he made me hot chocolate. I sat on the couch and snuggled with Cupcake who was curled up on the couch. Connor walked over with my hot chocolate and handed it to me before sitting down next to me. I blew on it to cool it off before carefully taking a small sip.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"You're welcome." He told me.

"So what's the long term plan?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, do we want to stay in this house, or do you want to move when we can afford it?"

"I would like to stay here as long as we can. I love our little home."

I smiled and kissed him.

We've already discussed children, he was on the fence about it because his childhood wasn't the best. He thought he wouldn't be a good father, but I knew that he would. He told me at the end of the day he wanted kids even though he was still unsure about it. I would make sure that he would be a good father, even though I'm sure it would come naturally. We had plenty of time to worry about that though. Cupcake and the kittens were doing well, they were growing up faster than I wanted them too. I was still on the fence about what I wanted to do with them. I mean, Cupcake would be an elder soon so we technically could keep them all. I did have hopes of getting a dog at some point but there was a still chance of doing that. I don't think we would stay in this house forever after all.

Connor didn't seem to mind them, especially the gray kitten which seemed to be his favorite. We chose not to name them until we came to a decision on whether or not to keep them. In the mean time we just continued our normal lives which were pretty boring and normal. I had days where I would forget that he proposed to me believe it or not. I was going to be someones wife. If you had told me in the beginning of our long distance relationship that this would be the outcome I probably would've laughed at you. I'll admit that I sometimes had doubts myself about it working, but I am so glad that things worked out.

Secretly I had a stash of wedding magazines stashed underneath my side of the mattress. Each of the five of them were covered in post it notes of different ideas of what I liked for dresses. I would even sometimes go downtown after work to see what the dress shops would offer. I knew that I couldn't afford a really nice dress, but I knew Connor would love whatever I picked out. Before we knew it New Years arrived. It was surprising because we still had a lot of snow on the ground. We didn't really have any goals so we just made our reservations to be getting promotions at work, and that is how boring our life was.

"You think people have more exciting lives?" I laughed.

"Probably, but I love our lives."

"Me too."

I gave him a kiss.

"To an amazing year."

We raised our glasses and clanked them together.

Before we knew it a whole month passed, and yes we still had snow. The papers were saying it was the longest winter we've had in a few years. It didn't bother me though because winter was amazing. There was nothing better than stacking on clothes and blankets with a nice hot chocolate in a mug. The clinic was doing amazing as well and we were to the point I was honestly not stressed out about money so much anymore. I walked to the mailbox and got our bills and junk mail while I walked into the house. I noticed a letter that stuck out like lights in New York, but why would I be getting this? I sat down at the kitchen table and opened it slowly dreading what was inside.

My Dear Elizabeth,

It's been a while since you've written your little post in the paper. I contemplated even writing you this letter because from what I understand you don't want anything to do with us anymore. What did we do that was so horrible Elizabeth? It must have been pretty bad for you to run away and then months later put in the paper that your life was horrible. Anyway, the reason for me writing to you is to tell you that I do not support your decisions. If you had issues then you should have come to us and we would have fixed it. If you wanted to have a business then we would have included you into the clothing line. We gave you everything you could have ever wanted Elizabeth. We've received some backlash for this little stunt that you pulled. I'm sure you won't reply to this letter but if you choose to change your mind about this whole thing I'm sure we can figure something out.

Also, congratulations are apparently in order. We found out that you are engaged to that online fling that you had. What? Didn't think we didn't know about him? We knew, but we just thought it wouldn't last. Well wishes on a happy marriage. Maybe you will understand how tough it was for us as parents to raise you.

Mother

I stared at the letter for a moment.

"Hey baby." Connor said.

I felt the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Baby?"

All I could do was hand him the letter. He read it and then tore it up.

"It doesn't matter."

"How?! After all this time I thought I was safe and they still manage to find me?!" I cried as I stood up.

"I don't know, but screw them."

"I just want to live my life freely! Every time I think I'm in the clear they do something to remind me that they are still watching!"

He pulled me in his arms.

"Let them watch, because we will be happy no matter what. Okay?"

I nodded and hid my face in his chest.

On the bright side of things, the kittens finally grew up.

On the other bright side, I found the dress. It wasn't your typical poofy princess dress, but it was absolutely beautiful. It was almost like fate because it was the last one they had and it fit perfectly on me. Connor was working until lunch time so I thought that I would try it on just once more. We didn't really have a date set but it wouldn't hurt to try it on because I loved wearing it.

"This is it Cupcake!"

She looked up at me and stared.

"This is the dress."

I smiled and twirled around and gasped.

"Wow."

Connor stood there, I didn't even hear the door open.

"NO!" I cried.

I covered my mouth.

"You look absolutely beautiful." He told me.

"You weren't suppose to see it until the wedding!" I cried.

"So, let's get married now."

"Now?"

He nodded.

So before we knew it we were standing outside. I know, crazy right? Which part though, the fact that we were getting married right now or the fact that we decided it was a good idea to get married in the snow?

"I've waited my whole life for this moment." He smiled.

"Me too." I whispered.

He grabbed my hands, "Cold."

"I'm fine."

He brushed the hair from my face.

The vows were short but sweet. They'll forever stay between us though because those words held so much love and importance to us. We were now married and I for one could not wait to see what this life held for us.

"Let's keep the kittens."

That was the first sentence my husband said and it caused me to giggle.

"Really?!" I asked.

"Yes, it'll be our little family in our little house."

"Perfect."

To new beginnings.

It's been a while! I hit a rough patch with writing. Every time I would try to do a chapter I just didn't feel like it and it's not fair to you guys for me to just write something stupid so that you could have an update! Hope you enjoyed it! =]
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 05:00:14 PM »
Married life.

I wish I could say that if felt different than just dating each other. I knew that we made vows and were now committed to each other for the rest of our lives. Was marriage really anything more than a piece of paper? I don't know, maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet. I'm not saying that I love him any less, but in fact I love him more with each passing day. I did enjoy looking at my rings throughout the day knowing that he was forever mine. He has been extra lovey towards me lately and it was getting to the point where we couldn't keep our hands off of each other, if you know what I mean. We ended up naming the kittens after we got married since we made it official. The Cupcake look a like was named Grace and the gray one that Connor loved was named Socks. He picked the name Socks and it made no sense to me but he loved the name.

Connor got another promotion at work which was amazing. It didn't shock me at all because his boss loved him and he was doing a lot of work even when he was at home. Because of that we had a little money to splurge on something new for the house. We chose a new television and this one was one that you hung on the wall. It wasn't much bigger than our old one but it would do for now.

"How was work?" I asked.

"Tiring." Connor groaned.

"I'm sorry." 

I sat close to him on the couch and ran my fingers through his hair. He closed his eyes and smiled and I could tell that he was enjoying it.

"That feels amazing."

"I used to love the lice checks at school as a kid. The wooden sticks felt amazing on my scalp." I giggled.

He opened up his eyes and looked at me.

"What?" I smiled.

"You're beautiful."

"Thank you."

He kissed me gently which started a whole other thing.

One of the perks of owning my own clinic was I could take my cats in when they got sick. Like Grace who decided to eat something that caused her fur to turn a complete blue color. We had to go to the clinic at three in the morning because she was throwing up everywhere. In turn that made me want to throw up everywhere because I wasn't feeling the best on top of it. It had been going on for the past week or so and I'm sure that it was just the stomach flu.

"Grace what did you eat?" I questioned.

I carefully opened her mouth.

"Don't fight me."

Thankfully it was something simple and we had the spray to cure it in stock. I made a note to order more though because we were low.

"Okay Grace, this is painless." I told her.

She looked at me as I covered her face with my hand. She wiggled a little as I began to spray it all over the coat of fur.

"There!"

It was really cute because the cats enjoyed sleeping on the couch.

"Well, I was going to take a nap." I said.

"Still not feeling well?" Connor asked.

"No, but it's fine."

"You need to go to the doctor."

"I'll be fine."

He always worried about me when I got sick. It was both sweet and annoying all tied into one bundle. I loved him for it because I knew that he loved me and cared about me. I've never really had that until I met him.

"Go rest, I'll make lunch in a little bit."

A Month Later

I walked into the house and threw my jacket on the couch. The snow was all melted, but it was still a little chilly outside. Connor was standing in the living room with his phone in his hand. I had a secret to tell him, but something told me that he had something else to tell me.

"Where were you?" He asked.

"I had to go to the pharmacy and then I stopped by the clinic for a minute or two." I told him, it wasn't a total lie.

He turned around and looked unsure.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"My father just died."

I covered my mouth and rushed to pull him in my arms. He wasn't one to show much emotion when it came to sad things, but I knew this was killing him inside. I rubbed his back until he finally broke the hug and ran his fingers through his hair.

"What now?" I asked.

"Mom would like me to come home." He told me.

"Oh." I said.

"She needs help with the funeral arrangements and I'm sure with things afterwards."

"What does that mean for us?"

"Nothing, I'll just be gone for a little bit. I called my boss and he gave me a month off."

I gaped.

"A month?!" I questioned.

"That's how long I will be gone."

My face fell.

"Beth, my father just died." He told me.

"I know that."

"Then why are you acting like you are upset?!"

"Because a month is a long time!"

"Yes, but we've been apart longer."

"It's different this time!"

"And why is that?"

"Because, I'm pregnant."

Bum bum bummmmm...
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 10:08:32 PM »
He left. He left to go back home, and at this point I wasn't sure if it was going to be just a month. He had a panic attack when I told him about the baby and claimed he wasn't ready. The realistic part of me knew that he just had a lot on his plate with his father dying to really let it sink in. The other half? Well, let's just say I was preparing myself for a divorce. We were only married for almost three months before this happened. I sat on the couch a lot in his t-shirt that I slept in every night, and when I wasn't sitting on the couch I was eating my emotions. I was constantly hungry and this week it was pickles and mint chocolate chip ice cream. I was starting to show even though I was only in the first trimester.

Most of the time my heart literally felt like it was splitting. Like if I allowed myself to think about it even for a second then my heart would just burst. It was the worst feeling ever, feeling alone and lonely when you were married. I sat at the table and pushed my food around the plate and stared at my phone. I had messaged him about an hour ago and he still hasn't even read it. I'm sure that he was busy, but right now I needed him to pay attention to me. What if this was it? What if we weren't going to survive this? I took a few bites before getting up and throwing the food out in the trash.

"You're pregnant?!" Alice squealed.

"Yeah." I mustered up a small smile.

She walked away in which I was thankful for. I didn't feel like explaining my wonderful home situation at the moment.

"Good morning!" I greeted the patient.

Along with the cravings I was also experiencing lovely morning sickness, and it seemed like more of round the clock sickness. It happened no matter what I ate, unless it was pickles and the mint chocolate chip ice cream. The baby seemed to approve of that.

"Cupcake are you licking your baby?" I smiled.

She looked up at me before continuing to lick Grace.

"I hope I'm as good of a mother as you are."

Babe,

Hope you are doing well. Got your last text while at work. I'm sorry that your suit got ruined, I'm sending you some money for a replacement. I wish I was there with you to support you in this but I'll be here for you in whatever way I can be. I know you aren't ready to discuss it yet, but I'm doing well with the pregnancy and I'm showing a little bit. We can talk about it whenever you get home. I miss you so much.

Love,
Beth

I clicked send on the screen before setting the phone on the table. I looked at the plate in front of me and sighed before starting to eat.

The month was almost up, and it sounded like he was going to be coming home after all. I went a head and took the risk of setting up the nursery while I waited and while we had the money too. I chose a neutral color since we didn't know what the baby was going to be.

I just hoped that everything would work out.

Will Connor want the baby? Or freak out and run away?
My Stories:
-----

anything