Author Topic: New Seasons Expansion Pack for release on June 22, 2018  (Read 16206 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: New Seasons Expansion Pack for release on June 22, 2018
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 09:01:23 PM »
There isn't a true new life state coming. But sorta a new life state. I am referring to the sorta answer.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940199/seasons-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1

So there isn't a true traditional life state coming but sorta a life state is coming. So I am speculating it is ether a temporary state like plant sims or skeletons, an NPC only life state like grim, or a variation on a current life state like the giant rabid hamster ghost was. But to be clear there is no new life state like vampires coming but something sorta like a new life state. What exactly I have no idea but it excites me. Well as long as it isn't Santa. I don't like Christmas and him with it.

Does that make sense. And I could be way, way off base. Maybe the sorta life states is like sim 3 gnomes, a pet or they are counting that fun looking scare crow. Who knows? But a sorta new life is better than no new life state at all.

I know that that lightning thing isn't a new life state, but it is cool and I want my sims to play catch with lightning like that.

@Playalot I am excited over almost anything supernatural or science fiction they add. Even if it is an interactive object like that scarecrow that acts sorta like a new life state.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 08:11:00 AM »
Aww, yes I've seen Luths thread on the OF's. She's fab at pulling all the devs tweets etc together. I was just getting my hopes up as I'm a huge supernatural fan too. My thoughts was the 'magical' scarecrow that sims can play with in Autumn too. It's not a life state tho sadly. In some ways I understand why the devs have stripped life states out of expansions but we need more game packs with more life states then!

Anyhoo, not to get off topic too badly, while I'm not a huge fan of seasons and always play with weather off in TS3 I am looking forward to new content and being able to use the gardening skill for a career seems good.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 08:33:43 AM »
I like winter in TS3. Only thing to mind is to make it last a couple of weeks if ageing is on and there are kids in one's household. Lest the kids miss out on school days (snow days when school is closed) and don't get an A before they age up.

It's sticky hot here now where I live and it's only going to get worse during the next couple of months, so I look forward to some winter in TS4 ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 09:31:22 PM »
I'm with @Playalot I've never been a big seasons lover in the sims.  I guess it's because I usually play strategically, and the weather would just get in the way. I never liked the pets either, but I really liked the sims 4 cats and dogs because the pets were just kind of there to have fun with when you want to.  I hope the seasons are like that, too.  I'm glad there won't be  allergies and stuff like that to just be annoying.  The sicknesses from Get to Work are annoying enough.  I hope it doesn't effect game play at all unless you want it to.  I hope kids don't miss school from snow, and I hope that sims don't miss school or work for holidays, or maybe it could be an option like maternity leave. 

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 10:57:44 PM »
I am not a fan of seasons at all or the holidays the add with them. But this pack has fun looking gizmos like the weather machine people catching lightning, a cool looking scarecrow, and some sort of sorta life state of some kind that got me excited for a pack on other sim titles I buy for completeness.

As for news how about the thermostat for sim homes. You can make your home cold, hot or somewhere in the middle. looks fun, but raise your bills as well.  Lightning confirmed as a new death and more.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/seasons-spring-summer

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 01:32:22 AM »
Oh, that's awesome!  I can't wait for the livestream, and I'm very excited about this EP 8).  I've been "weatherizing" my current saves, for when there's a lot of rain or snow --- like putting a little roof over the stairs on roof decks and rooftop pools. 

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 03:53:09 AM »
Other lightning another death is Overheating.
Why must there always be new types of deaths? Why must we always watch our Sims with anxiety - don't get too playful, don't get too angry, don't get too hot, watch out for the hamster, don't step outside when there's a storm, etc. There is too much death in this game. I don't think it's fun or something to look forward to :( *sigh*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 05:13:13 AM »
I wish they would remove the playful moodlet completely actually, it's such a pain in the neck to deal with. So, that would take us up to 14 death types? I could do the research but I can't quite be bothered lol. Ironically in 2014 on launch the concern was that the deaths were too few and too difficult to actually make happen!

@scoed  ty for posting the new info, I seem to have lost my mojo for TS4 presently so it's lovely to see someone else is linking and posting.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »
@Nindigo @Playalot I actually like how varied the ways to die are. It adds to the randomness and risk of the game. So I guess they put them in there for me. Besides death unless your sim is living alone is hardly permanent. Plus in sims 4 each death is kinds its own mini life state. Death to rodent is different to death by plant in the nature of the ghost it produces with there own pluses and minuses.

Playalot NP. I am liking what I am seeing with this expansion. It looks fun.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 12:58:30 PM »
@scoed Well, I kind of agree. I'm just a person who has had too much death happen in real life, so it can really get to me. We're just different like that, I guess :)

There has apparently been a lot of complaints about snow depth not being included in this expansion due to gameplay restrictions. It doesn't bother me. But I'm wondering if there will be snow in a place like Oasis Springs (be weird), or if weather will only happen in a special new neighborhood designed for it. Does anybody know?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 01:55:07 PM »
They have not said. But it isn't that weird for snow to be in a desert. Live in a desert and I own a snow shovel for a reason. Even in Arizona it on occasion snows. Not every year but it happens.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 05:09:15 PM »
@scoed Well, I kind of agree. I'm just a person who has had too much death happen in real life, so it can really get to me. We're just different like that, I guess :)

There has apparently been a lot of complaints about snow depth not being included in this expansion due to gameplay restrictions. It doesn't bother me. But I'm wondering if there will be snow in a place like Oasis Springs (be weird), or if weather will only happen in a special new neighborhood designed for it. Does anybody know?

SimGuru Grant has said that each neighborhood will have weather, and that winter in Oasis Springs will be different from winter in Newcrest, for example. There's no new neighborhood coming, which is what happened with TS3, too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2018, 06:24:15 PM »
Okies, thanks MarianT. I'm perfectly fine with that.