Author Topic: New Seasons Expansion Pack for release on June 22, 2018  (Read 16192 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: New Seasons Expansion Pack for release on June 22, 2018
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2018, 05:07:13 PM »
One last thing on Monday June 18th the embargo on seasons from EA play ends so if something is missed on tomorrow's live stream (11 AM PDT) it will likely go visible on that day.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2018, 04:50:30 PM »
Seasons Live stream replay here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/273603429##
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2018, 10:18:45 AM »
I have only watched the initial trailer since I don't want too much spoiled. And I'm counting the days 8)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2018, 10:36:30 AM »
Thank you for that replay link @Playalot 
The livestream was a bit boring and quite laggy for me, so I fell right asleep before my much anticipated part: Gardening! (which of course came at the very end)
Thanks to your link, I caught the news about the Gardening updates last night.
So much new content!!!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2018, 11:13:29 AM »
I caught my hubby actually watching it with me. I cast it on my tv. I am in love. I can't wait for the release. I want Friday to get here. SO MUCH info. So much new content. It will take me a month of Sundays to work it all out.  :o ;D ;D ;D

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2018, 04:45:12 PM »
Seasons Live stream replay here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/273603429##
What in the live stream got you excited about this pack?

For me there was a lot. First and foremost it confirms scouts for kids and teens. As I said scouting was a huge part of my youth and to have it added to sims in a real way is so cool. I can't wait.

Second thing is some of the objects. That scarecrow is so, so cool. Free seed help, gardening, a good way to boost your social need for sims living alone. I so want one. Snow pals that you can build relationships with also sounds fun but not up there with the scarecrow. Then there is the thermostat. The uses are fascinating. Now to mention the weather machine. The fun ways that can be abused. The flower arranging station and skating rinks look cool and add new fun things to do in sims. But the number one object I am excited about is The bee hive. Attack bees? Yes please! Love Bees? Sign me up. Gifts from bees? Now that is cool.

And get this I am somewhat more excited about holidays after the live stream. It is confirmed that you can beat up father winter!!!!! Best news ever! Plus those gnomes are so cool. A sims 4 mini game! Can you kick all the gnomes before the completely ruin your home? Find out this next holiday! We need a holiday with evil gnomes in real life! Maybe I won't delete all the holidays after all. Never thought home destroying gnomes would be a holiday thing. I wonder if bees has a holiday tradition associated with them? If so I must make that holiday.

I was impressed about some of the visuals. Those twitter images don't do it justice. The weather is dynamic. It will add a much wanted visual variance to the world. Plus the bees wooing someone looks so cool.

The last thing to get me excited is the gardening overhaul. Harvesting and selling at the same time and whole patches at a time will be a huge time saver. As will weeding by vacuum. Plus bees, scarecrows, and flower arranging add a lot to it. Then there is the career. Sadly they didn't give many details but it is something new to the game. And did I mention bees? Yes bees helps your garden, just like real life. Plus if they are your friend they sill attack and do other stuff on command. Bee minions. Just what my giant vampiric evil half-alien rabid hamster ghost needs. I know I keep bringing up bees, but I want them. Bad. They are so much cooler then in Sims 3.

Did I mention the bees!?!?

OK what are you most exited for?

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2018, 05:54:26 PM »
I'm just excited to get the whole thing 8)!. That livestream had one wicked cool thing after the other!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2018, 06:28:01 AM »
I totally agree, @coolsim9999999  8)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2018, 04:24:39 PM »
I totally agree, @coolsim9999999  8)

@Nindigo It isn't a temporary life state. It is something extremely cool though in my opinion. I will drop what it is in a spoiler as you don't want too much info before you get it.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2018, 04:36:19 PM »
@Nindigo scoed is correct, there is no Temporary life state that you can turn your sim into. If your relationship with Patchy the scarecrow is high enough he might even help you help with your garden.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2018, 04:51:44 PM »
So, I didn't understood everything, and I was a bit unsure if I would enjoy the spoiler, but now I'm very excited about this too.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2018, 07:09:49 AM »
Oh, well. As I've pointed out, I haven't watched much about the pack since I don't want the whole thing spoiled for me before getting it. But I recall that there were some who claimed there was to be a new life state. Evidently, I missed out on some facts along the way :-\

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2018, 04:03:03 PM »
@Nindigo SimGuruGrant said something like "sorta, but not the way your expecting." or something similar when asked if there would be a new life state in seasons. On the first page @Playalot posted a link to the exact quote. And there is several "sorta" lifestates in seasons, just not playable ones. I speculate it might be a temporary life state among several other possibilities. If that mislead you I am sorry, but I thought I made it clear I was only guessing and listed several possibilities of which many turned out to be true. Anyway, I never intended to mislead.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2018, 02:36:55 AM »
I'm a bit late to the party (thanks non sim life), YAY!! Seasons, seriously looking forward to it, currently watching the replay of the livestream and other than wanting the guru's shirts, I am loving the calendar.. now my sims won't miss any events and I won't have to try and work out who in my large family has to go to work that day.

Edit 1: The new UI looks amazing and getting to play around with holidays, well this is almost as good as the deaths... I can already picture how I'm going to annoy my sims with some of the items. Also, the new route to build/buy during holidays for decorations.. so much easier to find now.

Update 2: The new gardening  looks great, doesn't seem like it will be so annoying now, really love the details they put in to the world and such and love some of the furniture and skins for items and such... going to be a fun pack by the looks. 
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2018, 04:32:13 AM »
Reminder

The pre Seasons patch is out very soon so now is the time to make back-ups of all your saves. This patch (and expansion) will break many mods and possibly cc and may also cause issues in current games. So... you have been reminded!  :)

How To make a back up of your sims game/ game files (click)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.