Author Topic: Moving In and Out  (Read 2644 times)

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
Moving In and Out
« on: May 11, 2018, 12:21:47 AM »
Hello. I have two I think related questions about moving sims around.
I play rotationaly, everybody on one save.

Q1. I like to move one of the NPC into my sims home. I see the option when I clik on him, no problem there to do so.

1. Will he lose his house if he moves together with my girl? the reason is important because
2. Will he able to move out and back into his own place when my sim breaks up with him?

I don’t want the game delete him, I like that guy and might be in the future they will ( probably) go back together for longer or for sure.

Q2. I have a household with a family of 5 (guy,girl,shcool age boy and the twins,+3cats). They are not married. I would like to separate them. Guy stays, girl goes.
I guess I have to build a house for her to be able to move in. (I have yet to find out how but that not my main question at the moment...link please if you have, to make it easy for me, thank you)
I would like her to take the boy and one cat and the twins and the remaining 2 cats stays with the guy.

1. Will I lose her, the boy the cat ? Will the game delete them?
2. Can a guy visit his son time to time? Can a girl come around visit the twins?

I am sorry I combined two questions but realy did not wanted to start a new tread for each.

Any help or advise much appreciated, Thank you

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Moving In and Out
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 12:56:04 AM »
Question 1:
1. Yes, he will lose his house when he moves in with your sim. Be sure to click "Sell Furnishings" when he moves so he'll bring more $$$ with him.
2. When you sim breaks up with him, you can go into Manage Households to "Create Household" for the ex-NPC to separate the two households.
    Next, you can move him back into his old house. He will start with $20,000, though. If his former house costs more than that, use the "Freerealestate on" cheat.
    (I'm assuming you're playing a for-fun game and not a challenge where cheats wouldn't be allowed.)

Question 2:
For building tips, go to Carl's Guide's "Gameplay Info" tab and look at the Building Homes & Lots category.
1.  It's really a great idea to take a good look around Carl's Guides.
     Under the "Gameplay Info" tab, you'll find the Moving Sims page.
     It explains how to create a new household which includes the sims/pets you wish to split off.
     In Manage Households, click on the heart icon for the girl's household so the game won't cull them.
2.  If you move your new household into a house, then yes the guy can visit his son. And he can also invite the other household to visit his home, whether the new household lives in a house or not.
     About the girl, if she lives in a house, then yes you can have her visit the twins.

Good luck and happy simming.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 01:22:49 AM »
Thank you so much @oshizu very helpful. So I guess he is about to moving in then :)

yes, I do play for fun no stricked challenges yet. One day, maybe.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 02:14:57 AM »
When you stop playing him, you can always add him back to the house, in the world manager. ( I think)

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 02:58:29 AM »
@CuriousSim  I will check on that, would be lovely. I am very bad at building rather have him back to his own even if just for a short while

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 04:27:33 AM »
I think, it just requires switching him to unplayed, then viewing your unplayed households. ( Households that are not in world, or something like that) I think you will then have the option to move your Sim, into a house. If he's unplayed, I think you can move him in, without worrying about how much money he has.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 01:13:58 PM »
Regarding terminology, there's a difference between an "unplayed household" and "a not-in-the-world household."
Played household: a household that you've played during your rotational gameplay.
   In both the World Map and Manage Households menu, its plumbob icon will appear darker green.
   You can switch a household from Played to Unplayed by clicking on its plumbob in the Manage Households menu.
*Unplayed household: An unplayed household refers to a household that lives in a house that you have not played.
   In the Manage Households screen/World Map, their plumbob will appear either lighter green (if "favorited") or white (if not "favorited").
   The only way to switch a household's status from Unplayed to Played is by playing that household.
* Not-in-the-world household: any household that doesn't live in a house.

When moving a sim to another household, their status doesn't influence their eligibility to be moved, only where you'll find them in Manage Households.
To find that sim quickly, click on their heart icon in Manage Households to move them to your My Households tab.

I'm not sure I explained this all clearly or correctly so I'm tagging @Playalot  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 09:44:12 PM »
Perfect explanation @ozhisu  :)

Just some more information regarding Favorited Households for you @shatinn 
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 12:04:16 AM »
@Playalot thank you for the link. I came across with the culling many time but I ignored it sofar, my english not allow me to understand it properly. Your link helped to see how to protect, hang onto characters.