Author Topic: Alien Invasion Apocalypse Challenge [graveyard please]  (Read 13888 times)

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
Re: Alien Invasion Apocalypse Challenge
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 07:32:14 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words.
Yes, I'm very interested by the sharebear legacy, but I need to finish most of what I have in the work already.

After several attempts, and despite her protestations that she was a huge whale, Yanny was able to paint a portrait of his beloved Elsa.

Yalsa was a wild toddler, with apparently a self-emptying bladder each time he went to bed, and Yanny did his best to care for his son despite his busy shedule. But if Yanny and his brothers had been sad to be dirty, Yalsa was angry. Perpetually, and Yanny wasn't able to find a way to  clean him up.

Soon enough, Elsa gave birth to the first girl born in the house. Another blueskinned baby, named Elyanny.

And as the lovebirds still were in the honeymoon phase, they took a moment for themselves. Weirdly, both Ponas and Sony went to bed without even reacting. Maybe they had to, as they pretended the stairs to the third floor kept them from hearing the babies crying at night so they wouldn't have to change a diaper.

Romantic Ponas worked on his fishing skills as his flirting attempts always ended in embarrassement.

Iasonas took a selfie to start a family tree for the next generation

And asked her youngest to do the same. The matriarch  wasn't really sure if he looked like the pollinator or not, but he was her beautifull son, and it wall it mattered :

As Elsa came to warn her husband she would be sick again in the mornings, Yanny realised with horror that the lack of hygiene was not the only thing he should have researched, and that they had a heavy lack of medical knowledge. Most sims they had met never had more than one child, two at most. Three was a very rare occurence, so he decided to add that to his list. There must be a way to control births. It would also help Sonny, as he was already the father of four babies, and Iasonas wasn't very happy of all of this uncontrolled offspring, hoping none would give away their alienness.

Despite this pooly planned pregnancy in their nearly full house, Elsa kept trying to make herself useful, helping Ponas with his daily task. The young trainer was quickly rising in ranks.

And as time flew by, Elyanny grew up in a serious and angelic toddler. She had her father's hair and hair, but her mother's eyes.

And she was able to share a few undocumented moments with her big brother before she was too exhausted and Sonny helped Yalsa to blow his candles.

Elyanny was really an angelic toddler, but as Yanny still had not found the secret to toddler cleanliness, she was quickly a sad one. Still, she raised her head and moved forward, listening to stories with T-rex never being dirty.

Elsa was getting bigger, not often leaving the comfort of the pajamas she had stolen from Yanny so long ago.

Still, despite all the trouble she could foresee with soon two toddlers in the tiny house, she didn't regretted to have left her parents gigantic house on the island. The view here was as breathtaking.

Miscelaneous : if you ever wondered how it was inside the tramway :

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2018, 12:00:47 PM »
Elyanny! Such a mature hairstyle for a serious-looking toddler!
Looking forward to seeing Yalsa as a toddler, too! And, wow, more nooboos!?
I can't wait to see what your grand plan will be for your large household. :D

P.S. The Sharebears await you with open arms.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2018, 11:59:43 PM »
So many cute kids!  I was wondering what you were going to do with so many Sims, but then I remembered that Sonny is doing Secret Agent. 

It's funny that no one got embarrassed while Elsa and Yanny were woohooing.  I guess they are used to living in close quarters.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 01:30:32 PM »
Yes, picking the heir choice on genetics would make for potentially a lot of kids, even if I got lucky twice until now, and got them on the first try of each gen. But Secret agent was a priority.

If I remember it right, I had sent Yanny and Elsa to another floor, but apparently, they picked the closer bed... But really, the stairs mysteriously act as wall, as crying babies or randomly singing sim don't wake them either.

Yalsa should appears as kid in next update, but you can assume he looked closely the same as his father.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 03:03:55 PM »
So, Yalsa grew up as a social butterfly child, Elyanny was an angelic toddler, and Sayann was soon born. Elyanny didn't liked to not be the baby of the family anymore. Yalsa needed to meet several people, and he started looking around :

There was that gloomy childish teen :

And a pretty but gloomy other who hated children. Not really friend material :

So, he had to look elsewhere. Turned out there was a young but adventurous crew on the pirate ship:

That provided the ideal occasion for Yalsa to meet children. He obviously started with the captain, and only female :

And suddenly, all his parents mushy story about their meeting as kids, and knowing they were each other's soulemate made so much sense now. He was entraced. Sadly, her grand ma was leaving the neighborough and she had to leave him. Yalsa really thought about kidnapping her, but the house was actually a bit cramped :

Elyanny went to complain about the new baby to her bat friend :

Sonny was still working hard. The romantics interactions required for his job were not a difficulty for him. And he curiously wasn't caught by any of his many "special friends"

Penny came for a visit, to Iasonas' delight. And Elyanny was working hard on her skills nearby, but didn't got any boost from the Matriarch trait. Far away on the wall, the start of the family tree can be seen.

And then, Sonny wanted to know if ghost had independant clothing. So he dared Penny to jog in the nude. Apparently, it was possible. Iasonas was horrified that they did something so risky to attract attention, but apparently, no one noticed.:

And despite how it may have looked, Elyanny was not left to her own devices all the tiime. For one, her grand mother loved to play with her:

And Elsa would spend most of her time with her children, when she wasn't helping Ponas to work on his job tasks :

And then, after hours of interviewing and compiling datas, Yanny finally had enough information on sims' hygienics. What they used, plumbing items, soap brands, frequency, starting ages, and his new job as historic scribe was finally enough to convince Iasonas they could buy a few more furnitures.

And so, he determinatedly strode into the house, picked his filthy daughter, and walked all the way upstairs to christen the brand new tub. Elyanny was very doubtfull about this new idea, but Yanny pretended to know what he was doing. After all, he had written a whole file about it....

Once reassured, Elyanny enjoyed her bath time :

Maybe she even was a tiny bit too enthousiast. But splashing was apparently a mandatory part of toddlers bathing :

Yalsa was trying to not seem too much interested, but he couldn't help himself but to take a closer look.

Iasonas was the next to try the new item. She wasn't quite convinced. It had absolutely nothing to do with the sonic showers she used in her home planet, but she did felt a lot cleaner after that.

Yanny then took his own selfie to add to the genealogic tree:

And just as Sayann grew up into another serious toddler looking more like her mother, who would never have to spend days in a green smoke, Yalsa spotted someone who just happened to choose to stand outside his window for a chat.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 05:51:06 PM »
Congrats to Yanny on completing the Journalist career!
Incidentally, the Big Happy Family's Matriarch/Patriarch trait only works for that sim's children, not their grandchildren.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2018, 06:27:08 AM »
@oshizu thank you, I thought the p/matriarch trait would help grand children too. I'm less sure I'll see the point now.

Irresistibly attracted outside, Yalsa soon met the funny little girl he couldn't chase from his mind :

And he missed the oldest of his little sister grow up. But it was fine, Iasonas was more than happy to help Elyanny blow her candles, and that way, no one awoke Sayann who's turn it was to sleep in the toddler bed.

Elyanny grew up as a perfectionnist.

And she was also a bit active, probably taking it from her uncles in this domain, so she went out to burn off some energy. Or maybe she hoped her brother would play more with her if she was also a pirate.

After a short run on the treadmill, Yanny walked up to his wife to thank her to be Ponas' usual training victim.

Meanwhile Sonny worked on his romantics skills outside. Despite all of his flirting, there was only one who was really interesting him, and he couldn't wait to be fully reunited with her and their children. :

Elsa keeps learning skills, as Iasonas is not getting any younger and they need someone to repair the ever breaking sinks.

Sonny stayed close, pretending he was reading or watching the frogs, when he really was listening to his mother's tips, and plotting a way to leave the cramped house to spend his life with his dear Sophia, and allow some space for his nephew to bring in his own lovebird. Sonny may not understand how one could be so sure about their heart choice at a so young age, as it had taken him so long to be sure about Sophia, but he had the daily proof it could happen with Yanny and Elsa.

Between two monkey bar sessions, Elyanny met someone too. A little boy named Veer Acharya.

In the meantime, genius Yalsa worked on his mental skills, missing the opportunity to play the over protective brother.

And Yanny was being distracted by the opportunity to bathe his littlest girl.

That was a task he was more than happy to accomplish, better than any award from his successfull carreer, and Sayann enjoyed it as much :

Yalsa was able to see Captain Olivia often, as the girl's grand mother kept bringing her to the neighborough. Still, he longed to be able to see her all the time, as his parents had done. Olivia was enthousiasted by the love story but laughed when he was asking her to marry him, as they were only children.

Elsa and Yanny were still trying to find how to spend time together in the full house, so she helped him to learn the guitar :

That was one of the few things they could do and still keep watching over Sayann.

While upstair, Ponas was listening to the guitar, and dreaming about finding his own love one day.

And then, it finally arrived : Sonny last promotion as secret agent, proof he was able to blend in any situation. And the only thing he had in mind was his own babies he hadn't the time to really know or meet.

Sonny's detailed book on how to blend in the sim world without revealing they were alien in hand, Iasonas decided her restrictions on spending too much time with sims had no reasons to stay, and as her son left for Winderburgh, she talked with one of Ponas' coworkers.

And against the need to walk and care for their tiny dog during their work hours, as well as provide some free vet services if needed, she was invited to live in his and his husband's large house in a much warmer climate :

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 05:19:42 PM »
After Sonny and Iasonas departures, the house was less empty. Sure, Iasonas had left a lot of rules and would keep checking on them, but at least, they would be able to visit most places around. And Yalsa used the fact there were now more place in the house to bug his father until he visited an old friend who for once was not cooking on the nearby grill.
"Hi Vivian. I've already three kids, and the oldest fell in love with your grand-daughter since she's always around our house. What about she'd come and live with us full time? I'm at the top of my career, Elsa is a stay at home mom, and my little brother is a celebrity trainer. And did I told you we installed a new shower not that long ago? But really, Olivia is all Yalsa can talk about since he met her, and I think she'll feel less lonely with more kids her age around."

Apparently, it was a convincing talk, and Olivia found herself with a new adress. She then talked with the giant bat, as it was easier than introducing herself to the others family members she only knew through Yalsa's discussions. Even if the man who shouted at celebrities was not threatening now he was pretending to be a toddler's aeroplane.

Obviously, it was impossible to only play. Yanny had apparently promised she'll be a A grade student, and Elsa was making sure it would happen :

Still, no one was sure homeworks were the best way to forge new bonds. Even the bat wasn't happy to be ignored.

Mostly though, she was missing home. Yalsa was her friend, sure, and all his talk about his parents lovestory had made her dream and want the same, but even with Elyanny trying to be friendly, it was hard to adapt to the small and cramped uncomfortable house.

A few days later, it was Sayann's birthday:

She was a music lover like her mother, and a social butterfly like her brother, and so she worked on making friends :

And Yalsa worked on keeping his own special friend, by working with her on their homeworks.

He also had to stay still for his portrait, a familly tradition his father insisted upon :

Elyanny was showing some doubts at the location of the new shower :

Ponas had a very painfull return from work. Still, he was now Mr Solar System, and knew exactly how much a sim could reasonably lift, or carry. The information was quickly added to Sonny's notes on how to blend among people, and Iasonas gave them the autorisation to make some modifications to the furnitures, and even to carry more things into their backpack.

By that time, Olivia was more comfortable in the house, and worked on her creativity and socials skills :

Still, there were two birthdays approaching, and as they were trying to decide, Yanny's father invited them all at Villa Bovine.

It was hard, but nearly everyone found a seat.

Then they all jumped as Yanny blew his candles:

Yalsa was next :

But he leaned too close and most of his hair caught fire. Really, he couldn't wait for them to grow back.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2018, 06:02:57 PM »
Funny way of explaining Yalsa's suddenly short hair.   ;D

You were smart to clear the Diamond Secret Agent so early in the challenge so you could move sims out.  I left it till the fourth generation, and I kind of wish I had done it sooner. 

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 02:55:18 AM »
Well, it's a haircut I really doesn't use much, and after the longer one, it was strange to see his hair so short. Sims should have a new hairstyle in the same lenght category than the one they had previously.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=29857.0;last_msg=484589
Secret Diamond has the double interest in my game that I left aging off for townie, so they'll live forever. Iasonnas age bar had been bubbling for a little while and I wasn't sure she'll make it until Sonny's last promotion. So I didn't quit the game/changed outfits until he was promoted, in case the loading screen would trigger anything.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2018, 01:15:28 PM »
I took a 7+ day break from simming and return to be completely confused by who's who in your Apocalypse family, lol.
In your next multi-gen challenge, it would be great to provide your readers with a post that lists the members of every generation. ;)
Congrats on completing Journalist and Double Diamond Agent!

The Matriarch/Patriarch trait is still extremely useful.
Their children learn the mentor-able skills faster after which they could mentor their own children. And they also learn career-related skills much faster.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 08:08:29 AM »
I'm not very good at skill grinding, so it feels like it comes a bit late.  :-[ I'll keep your advice for a possible later story, but I think I'm much better at playing for myself than trying to create a story to share.

I have the family tree, which is a bit in advance for that update, so everyone is at least a teen in it: Blue is for heirs, pink for spares, orange for brought in spouses, white crosses for moved out sims :

Iasonas completed culinary -Chef career and Penny Tech Guru-esport gamer
Yanny completed Writer-Journalist, Sonny Secret agent- Diamond agent and Ponas is an Athlete-Culturist. Elsa worked in retail as teen, and is now a full time mom, with a slow social media career on the side.

Last update, genius Yalsa was just reaching his teenhood, with a new love for music. That's great since his mother can mentor all instruments. He was also wishing for his hair to get to their past lenght. But suddenly, Yalsa realised his childhood love was now very much younger than he was, and he wasn't sure he could keep on the promise he had made to Olivia as a kid, as they hadn't so much in common now. Had he imagined his love because he wanted the same thing his parents had?

Thankfully, goofy Olivia was now very included in the family, and didn't look like suffered much from the distance now Yalsa was a bit too old to share her games. She just wished there would be more game and a lot less homework. Rambuctious blue Elyanny would agree, and butterfly Sayann only wanted to be done so she could listen her brother playing violin and maybe learn from him.

Yanny thought he could spend some time with his son, by teaching him how to paint. Yalsa merely wished his father would get dressed even when he spent the whole day in.

Elsa decided spouses should have a place on the house family tree even if they were fully sims and not aliens, so she took a selfie to add to the wall. In the sport gear she wore most of the time to help Ponas with his daily requirements.

And she's sometimes using her homework mentoring time to give tips to Olivia on how to deal with half aliens so stressed to be discovered they don't open to anyone. Sometimes, they just need some strong presence to make them see the good side of life.

And Yanny use the modeling sessions for Yalsa's teen portrait to give his son some advice on how to deal with puberty and the fact lack of physical attraction for a younger girl is mostly a good thing as a strong friendship would be a way more important foundation for a happy future.

All those advices seemed to work, and Yalsa tried to work on mending the small bridge between Olivia and him by being more open to talking with her. Still, the girl bubbly personnality never ceased to surprise him and she often was her when he expected it the less.

On the older generation, work was not going as smoothly as expected, and sometimes, people came home tense. And they could lash out at each other for the idiotest thing. Like Yanny being close to being an elder when his young wife was spending so much time training with his athletic little brother.

But Elsa was quick to help her husband seeing how silly it was. And forced him to admit what was really in his mind. He wasn't sure he should stay or move out, but he couldn't abandon her with four kids and nearly no money.

Elsa promised it would be fine, and that they were used to wait for each other. She promised she would join him as soon the kids would be able to handle themselves, and Ponas was here to help, and seeing her more like his sister than anything else. But once Yanny moved with his mother and her roomates, Elsa was feeling empty. Even helping his son learning piano wasn't always enough to focus on something else.

There was also a lot of nostalgia seing Yalsa and Olivia. She missed that time when it seemed nothing was more important than oversmarting Yanny about some math problem. It seemed that Olivia found some pleasure to confuse her best friend too, even if she hided her smiles behind her textbook.

Ponas had stayed, partly because he loved his nephew and knew it was unlikely he'll ever have children of his own, and partly because someone needed to help paying the bills or do the heavy lifting around the house. The girls loved having him around, and he was teaching them all they needed to fullfill their future dreams, like logic for Sayann.

And knowing her children were in good hands, Elsa dared to take some time for herself and meet her husband in the nearby city.

And Yanny was still often coming to check on his children.

Those stolen moments weren't enough to fill the emptyness, but it eased Elsa's heart a bit.

Still, it was hard that Yanny must miss important milestones, like Elyanny's birthday. Would he recognise his rambuctious little girl in this beautifull teen?

Elyanny and Elsa had a serious discussion about the younger's goals. Would she concentrate on her studies, or was she interested by a teen career? It was a hard choice, but Elyanny kept from her childhood the need to move a lot, and thought she may follow her uncle Ponas.

But more than anything, Elyanny felt there was nothing she couldn't do now.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 09:51:47 AM »
I like the family tree you made with all the pictures from the game.  Yalsa really looks a lot like his dad, Yanny.  I hope Olivia has a birthday soon so that she and Yalsa can be together.    :)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2018, 11:28:31 AM »
Thank you so much for the family tree you created from the family's photographs!
And congrats on Sonny's completing Diamond Agent so Yanny could move out and live on as an elder.
It's nice that he still comes around a lot. Will Ponas maybe try for baby with a townie before he eventually moves out?

Yalsa and Elyanny grew up into such attractive sims.
Like Ballerinahippo (and you, too, surely), I'm eager for Olivia to celebrate her teen birthday.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2018, 06:14:55 PM »
Thank you both. The family tree was something I had started for my sims, so it was easy to share it. I'll try to make a banneer or something of current family member each time.

Elyanny is really beautifull. I really regretted she wasn't the heir sometimes. Yalsa looks a lot like his mother, but I feel it suits him less.

Ponas.... He has the most horrible luck with flirting. Maybe 80% of his attempts fail horribly, and the first target never came around again. Add an impossible aspiration even pre season patch (freelance botanist) and his place as youngest, and he always fell in the background as support character. With Yanny and Sonny away, we'll see more of him in the next updates.
I'm a bit ahead in the game play, just very lazy with screenshot sorting and editing, and I never know if I'm taking too much or to few of them, and they never quite fit my notes.

anything