Author Topic: Making it Work *Complete*  (Read 23440 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Making it Work
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2018, 11:44:03 PM »
No, this chapter wasn't blah at all ^^ I enjoyed it.  So glad Khloe is home.  Bri is gorgeous as a child!

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2018, 06:27:54 AM »
I'm with shewolf, it's still nice to read.
It's harder when you talk about things you can't really show.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2018, 07:43:42 PM »
Simon's POV

I sat on the front porch with my coffee cup in one hand and my other hands wrapped around it. Sarah walked out of the house still in her pajamas and sat down next to me.

"Can you believe how far we've come?" I said out of no where.

"No, it's hard to believe."

"I'm married with two children, and you are one of the most successful critics in town."

"I wish mom and dad were here to see it." She said.

"They are here with us still." I smiled.

She laid her head on my shoulder.

"What do you think Khloe is going to be like as a young adult?" I asked.

"Well, I think she's going to meet someone, I honestly think she already has."

"Wait, what?"

"She's been more... happier? She's also been gone a little more than usual. I could be wrong though."

"Right under my nose?"

"Girls notice more." She giggled.

"Huh."

"I finished my homework!" Brianna said.

"That's good! Go let papa know!" I told her.

Bri has decided that I'm dad and Jasper was papa. We had the discussion about it pretty early to make sure that she understood that we were married and that people at school may have opinions. But hopefully she wouldn't get bullied about it because it wasn't anyone's business.

It was Sarah, Jasper, and mine's birthday tonight. Sarah was making us a birthday cake and we settled on a movie night in our pajamas. The kids were excited about it especially since we let them pick out the movie. It was a horror film, but not one too scary that it would give Brianna nightmares. We finished out dinner, had all of the cake, and grew up to be adults. One step closer to being elders and now I knew what mom meant by once you turn into an adult life just seems to go full speed ahead.

Khloe's POV

"Don't you give me attitude!" I yelled.

"You started it!" Bri snapped back.

"Yeah and I will finish it!"

"Girls, what is going on?" Dad asked.

"Bri decided it would be a good idea to draw all over my essay! So now I have to redo it all!" I told him.

"Bri, did you do that?"

"Well yeah but it didn't look important." She said.

"Apologize."

"I'm sorry for drawing on your essay."

"That's it?!" I snapped.

"Khloe, getting upset won't change anything." He told me.

I stormed off.

I punched her uni.

I was just so angry that I had to redo my entire essay. I spent two days on it! But I redid it and I turned it in and got a pretty good grade on it at least. Having a younger sibling is harder than I thought it would be but I suppose I wouldn't trade her for anything. I was going to be a young adult soon, like in two days and it was a crazy thought. I'm scared because I don't know if they expect me to move out after I have my birthday. I know you generally move out when you become a young adult but I don't know if I was ready or even wanted too. Call me crazy but I enjoy being around everyone.

My whole life was spent going from house to house and every single house they seemed like they didn't want me. I was beaten and mistreated until I finally decided that I would run away until the agency caught up to me. That's when I was placed here and my life changed for the better. I don't know, maybe if I got a job we could possibly move into a bigger house so that everyone could stay. It was worth a shot and maybe dad and pop would be up for even thinking about it.

Simon's POV

"So, you are a young adult tomorrow." I said looking at Khloe.

"Yup."

"Where did the time go? It feels like yesterday you were this angsty moody teen and now you are about to be a young adult."

"Angsty?" She giggled.

"Oh come on, you know you were."

"Yeah I suppose I was a handful."

"You were worth it though and you still are."

"Thanks dad."

In the meantime Bri had managed to get up from the table and accidentally spilled her paint all over the floor.

"I'm sorry!" She shrieked.

"It's okay." I told her.

"I'm so sorry!" She repeated.

"Honey, it's fine. Let's clean it up."

"I'll do it." She said.

She grabbed the mop which was twice as big as her and mopped up her mess.

"Thank you dear." I said.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm going to go listen to papa play."

"Okay." I smiled.

She walked into our room and hopped on the bed.

"Hello love." Jasper said.

"Hi papa."

Bri enjoyed listening to Jasper play the piano. We had to break down and buy him one because his job required him to learn the skill. One day thought I wanted to get him a real piano instead of the keyboard.

Before we knew it Khloe aged up into a young adult. She still looked the same though, and she denied Sarah's offer for another makeover. She really liked the way she looked and even wanted her hair to stay the same color. I agreed, although she would be beautiful to me no matter what.

"What are you doing?" Jasper asked.

I was in the living room looking outside behind the curtains.

"Khloe is talking to a guy." I told him.

"What?!"

He walked behind me and looked over my shoulder.

"Oh boy."

"Where did this boy come from?" Jasper asked.

"No idea, but Sarah seems to think it's been happening for quite a bit of time." I told him.

"And we didn't know about it?"

"Apparently girls know more." I snorted.

"Huh."

"That's what I said."

"Do you think we should go kick his butt and tell him to get lost?" He asked.

"She's not a teenager anymore." I told him.

"Well yeah but she's still my little girl and he's talking to her."

"It's just talking Jasper." I giggled.

He was so cute when he was protective.

"Yeah but talking turns into kissing and kissing turns into babies."

I just laughed.

"SHH! She's coming in!"

We quickly got away from the window and sat on the couch and acted like we weren't just snooping.

"I already saw you guys." She said as she walked in and went straight to her room.

Welp.

Who is this mystery guy? And how did all my babies just grow up so fast?!
My Stories:
Figuring It Out / Something to Hide *Complete*
-----
It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going.
And when it's dark out, no one's around, it keeps glowing. <3

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 12:23:52 AM »
Oooo!  Khloe got a guy!  Hehehe, Jasper is adorable when he gets protective.  Somehow, though, the girls always find a way mwahahahaaha.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2018, 09:41:00 PM »
Hello! I am back! I am sorry for the absence but a vacation was needed! This chapter may be short so that I get back into the swing of things! I missed you guys! =D

Khloe's POV

"So." Pop started as I sat down.

"So?" I finished.

"This guy, where did you meet him?" He asked.

"He just moved here and was walking around one night. He introduced himself and we've been talking ever since." I told him.

"Huh."

"What?"

"Nothing, just don't want any funny business."

I rolled my eyes.

"I know you are an adult now, but you will always be my little girl and if any guy hurts you-"

"Pop, I promise you that I'm not going to marry him tomorrow."

He chuckled.

In fact, it was quiet the opposite because I made a major life choice and I was very excited about it. I decided that I wanted to be a doctor! I did my research and studied hard for the test you had to take to start training. I'm glad it wasn't some crazy thing where you had to go to school for years, that would be crazy right?

I stepped inside and walked up to the front desk. A friendly lady smiled up at me and asked me if she could help me. I looked down at my god awful non-matching scrubs and smiled.

"I'm Khloe, I'm starting today."

She typed in her computer and clicked a few times before nodding.

"Of course! My name is Vanessa and I will show you around!"

I smiled and followed her. This hospital was much bigger than I thought it was: there was multiple patient rooms, surgery rooms, a huge room to do laps and tests, X-Ray machines were lined up in this medium sized room next to the lab rooms. It was amazing and exciting and I think I got the hang of the layout of the building. Once I was done with some paper work I was thrown right into the ring. I was nervous but Vanessa told me that the other doctors and the nurses were there to help.

"Hi! My name is Khloe and I'll be here to help you today." I said to my first patient.

I looked her over and it seemed like she was just suffering from the common cold. I went to the medication room and prescribed her some cold meds.

"Okay, I will leave you to get dressed. Once you are dressed Vanessa at the front desk will be the one you see for check out."

"Thank you."

I smiled and left the room.

I was already through half of the shift. It was a slow day and I spent a lot of time observing other doctors but I didn't mind doing that. It was helpful to see how they dealt with the many illnesses and how they went about knowing they were right. That was what I was scared of the most, mistreating the patient and sending them home only to make things worse for them. It was all a learning process though and I would get the hang of it. When I wasn't observing I was running labs for the doctors which I didn't complain about because that meant that I got to use the cool machines.

"Khloe!"

I turned around.

"Ah, Spencer right?" I asked.

"Yeah, sorry if I scared you!"

I giggled, "You're fine."

"I was just out for a walk and I saw you and thought I would say hi."

I smiled.

"Look, I know we just met and maybe this is crazy but I was wondering if you might like to going out to dinner with me?"

"As a date?" I asked.

"It doesn't have to be, but I would enjoy it if it was."

I thought about it for a moment. We did just meet, but just because we were going on a date didn't mean that we were getting married. By going out on a date we would also learn more about each other.

"Sure, I would enjoy that." I smiled.

"Great! When would be a good time for you?" He asked.

"Well, I don't know if this is too forward but how about now?"

"Now sounds good."

I texted dad and pop to let them know I'd be gone for dinner. We headed downtown to this nice little pizza joint down on first street, the waitress seated us at a booth and handed us a menu.

"Please tell me you are not one of those people who puts pineapple on their pizza." Spencer said.

"I am not, I find it nasty but to each their own." I said.

There was silence as we looked at the menu. We decided on a medium pepperoni and cheese pizza and some sodas.

"So, what do you do for a living?" He asked.

"Actually I just started working at the hospital!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm hoping to become a doctor."

"That's awesome! My grandpa was a doctor."

I smiled and nodded, "What about you?"

"Well, I kind of just got laid off of my old job but I am applying a few places at the moment."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

We talked for a bit until our pizza arrived but we continued to talk over the pizza and drinks. He told me all about his childhood and how he was adopted, my eyes bugged out of my head and he immediately became embarrassed. This led to me telling him that I was adopted as well but we had different stories as to why we were adopted. Mine was a dark past full of things unimaginable by many where as his was heart breaking. His parents were killed in a robbery when they were shopping and he was with his aunt who ended up taking him in. He was two at the time and barely remembers them except for the stories his aunt shares and the pictures she has. I sat there and listened as he told me all about it and even reached to touch his hand supportively a few times and to my surprise he didn't pull it away.

After awhile we decided to get the check and head out because it was getting a little late and we walked here. It was a nice clear and breezy night in the city and we continued to talk about almost everything. It surprised me about how much we had in common! I was having a really nice time and I didn't want it to end, but I had to admit I was a little shocked at my sudden burst of confidence to begin with and saying yes to the date. He was pretty cute and I enjoyed his company.

"Well, this is my stop." I said.

"Let's take a picture as a memory."

"I had a really nice time." I told him.

"Me too, we should do it again sometime." He smiled.

"I would enjoy that."

"I'll call you."

I smiled as he walked away.

"Wait!"

He turned around.

"You don't have my number." I giggled.

"Oh," His cheeks burned red, "Right."

He walked over and we exchanged numbers.

"Well, bye." He said scratching the back of his neck and walking away.

"Bye." I waved.

I smiled and walked into the house and threw myself on the bed. I stared up at my ceiling and grinned like a teenage girl in love.

I am so excited to be back!

I will have more time to get chapters out and to play now that I am home! So keep an eye out and thank you for your patience! =]
My Stories:
-----

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2018, 10:11:32 PM »
Welcome back!  Aww, Khloe going to be a doctor is awesome.  Spenser is a cutie too ^^

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2018, 01:01:24 AM »
Glad to have you back, Ally. I've been checking for updates for a while, wondering when the next one was coming! Hope you had a great vacay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2018, 01:01:10 AM »
Khloe's POV

"Dad?!" I cried into the phone.

"Khloe? Baby what's wrong?" He asked.

"I know you are at work but I didn't know who else to call." I cried.

"Tell me what's wrong."

"It's Oscar."

"What about him?"

"He's gone."

"What do you mean gone?" He asked me.

I sobbed into the phone.

"Did he get out?"

"No, he died!" I wailed.

There was silence, and the kind of silence that was deafening.

"Okay, um, let me finish some things up here and I'll be home." He told me.

"Okay."

I hung up and cried into my hands.

Simon's POV

"What are you looking at?"

I looked up from my notebook and calculator as Jasper walked into the room. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and smiled at me, he had just gotten home from work.

"Just the numbers." I sighed.

"For?"

"Moving."

He looked at me.

"This house is too small, and I just think with losing Oscar that we should start over." I told him.

"I think it's a good idea, but what about having another child?"

Jasper had been bringing up the fact that we should adopt a son for a while now. I've been able to stall his persistence for a while now but he's been bringing it up more now. I sighed and closed the notebook and turned around.

"Look, babe. We adopted Khloe and it was rocky at first and it took forever for it to get better. She grew up to be this amazing person who continues to improve in everything she does. Then, we got the miracle of adopting another beautiful girl named Brianna. We have two beautiful girls and we've shown them what a healthy and loving home is. As much as I would love to do that again I feel like maybe we are just too old." I explained.

"We talked about this, and you wanted another child." He said, shocked at my sudden mind change.

"I did at the time, I will give you that, but I don't know. I just feel like maybe we should just be thankful for what we have and enjoy the time together." I told him.

He looked at me for a few moments. He slowly nodded but I could tell that it bothered him, and it upset me but I had to stick to my thoughts on this. I hope that he would see it my way after the initial disappointment though.

So after many extra hours at our jobs, a few crunching of the numbers, and a huge house loan later we finally bought our new home. It was a decent size, okay well it was actually pretty big but this was the house that would last for a while. One where Khloe would experience having a big room and where Brianna wasn't shoved into a tiny little office. There was a huge yard and a pool in the backyard. We even got our laundry room house back and it was amazing. It would take a while for Jasper to update all the washers and dryers but he would get it done.

"This is it?!" Khloe gaped.

"Yep!" I grinned.

"I've never seen a house this big before!!" Brianna screamed.

It was a two story house with plenty of room for everyone. I just hoped that it wasn't too much, but I wanted to spoil my family even if it meant starting over with very little money. I smiled and stared at the house as Jasper walked up and slid his hand into mine.

"Well, are we ready to go make this a home?" He asked.

"More than ready." I told him.

We all walked in and explored each room before finally deciding which bedroom we wanted. Sarah, Brianna, Jasper, and I all chose bedrooms on the second floor while Khloe found the perfect room on the main floor. We also had an extra bedroom and a few rooms where we could make extra rooms if we so need. I surprised Jasper with his own music room and he almost cried, it had this beautiful grand piano and two new guitars and even a violin.

"So, what do you think of the house?" I asked Sarah.

"It is amazing Simon, you really picked a good one." She smiled.

"It took a while but I had to make sure it was safe to buy it."

Sarah and I had our moments and some of them weren't the best, but she made sure to make amends the best she could.

"So, is everything okay with you and Jasper?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Because, he seems a little sad."

"He wants another child."

"Oh, and you don't?"

"At first I did, but then I don't know I just am happy with the two daughters we have. You know? Plus we are adults who will be elders fast than we think and I don't want to be running after another small child on a walker."

She nodded, "I can understand that."

"It's probably selfish." I admitted.

"It's not, it's actually very reasonable and I'm sure that he will come around."

I nodded.

Khloe's POV

I squeezed Spencer's hand as we walked up the walkway.

"So this is your new place?" He asked.

I nodded, "It's so big. I've never had a home like this before."

"You deserve it." He told me.

I smiled and brushed a strand of hair from my face as we stopped at the steps.

"It was a nice lunch." I told him.

"Sorry it couldn't be longer. I have an early day tomorrow." He told me.

"It's fine."

He looked at me and smiled which cause me to blush. We have gone out on several dates all of which were very fun and left me wanting more. I wondered a lot about what you would classify us as, I guess in a way we were going steady because we were going on dates but not boyfriend and girlfriend yet.

"Look, I know we've been trying to take it slow and I'm perfectly fine with that Khloe." He started.

"I appreciate that." I smiled.

"I was wondering something though."

"What?"

"I have fun with you, more fun than any other girlfriend that I've ever had. I go home after and long to be next to you, I constantly check my phone for messages and wait until the next time. You seem to have a fun time as well-"

"Spencer, you're blabbering." I giggled.

He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck, his mouth curving into a crooked smile that left my knees weak every time.

"What I am trying to get at is, would you please be my girlfriend?"

My heart skipped a beat as I watched him eagerly awaiting my answer.

"Yes, I will be your girlfriend." I smiled.

"Yes!" He cheered.

I giggled as he hugged me.

We said our goodbyes and I went into the house smiling like an idiot.

Out of pure curiosity, what are your guys' thoughts on house changes? I love decorating houses and sometimes get bored with the houses that the families are in but I am worried about moving them from home to home too much. Do you guys think that there is such a thing as doing it too much?

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter =]
My Stories:
-----

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2018, 01:27:00 AM »
I love the house!  And as far as moving, I would say it's perfectly reasonable.  I know very few people who remain in the same home their whole lives.  It does happen, but honestly, I see more folks moving, especially as life changes ^^  The chapter was great.  Poor Jasper, though XD Always hard to have expectations change.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2018, 01:37:14 AM »
It's funny you asked, Ally. I actually thought to myself, "They're moving again?" But I don't have a problem with it story-wise. If you can handle it, go for it. I don't move my sims as much only because I get frustrated with all the decorating. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2018, 02:44:15 AM »
I just got caught up with this. So sad about Oscar. Obviously they're going to need a bigger house...
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2018, 06:44:44 PM »
A Few Months Later

Khloe's POV

This house was amazing. It was so big though and it was kind of hard to figure out where things were but I'm sure we would get used to it. I sometimes still had moments where I forgot that this was my forever home, I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and something to go wrong. Especially now that Spencer and I have been dating for a few months already. We were always together now, so much that dad and pop joked about him moving in. I wasn't sure I was ready for that though because we were taking it slow for now. However, our first kiss was breath taking and amazing.

Ever since then it was hard for us to keep our hands off each other. I found my soul mate in Spencer and I was going to fight to keep him with me forever. He was my one. I was sitting on the couch enjoying my day off when Brianna walked in from school. I was flipping through a magazine as I said hello to her, I took a brief glance at her but had to double back when I realized what she was wearing.

"Whoa, hold on." I said standing up.

"What?" She asked.

"What are you wearing?"

"A bear costume."

"Why?"

"A bunch of friends are wearing them." She shrugged.

She walked away leaving me to stare at her in shock. It was a phase I'm sure, at least that's what I thought before she spent the next week in the bear costume. We tried everything but she was insistent on wearing it. She would change sooner or later though.

"Where are you off too?" Dad asked leaning against the bathroom door.

"Date night." I said.

I was putting on my make up.

"Where are you guys off to this time?"

"Dance club down the street."

"Sounds fun."

I gave him a kiss on the cheek before heading out the door.

"You looks nice!" Spencer greeted.

"Thank you!" I shouted over the music.

It was really loud but that's how dance clubs were suppose to be.

"Shall we dance?" He asked.

"You're going down!"

He laughed as I dragged him to the dance floor.

"I call this my I have to go to the bathroom dance!"

He died laughing as he showed off his moves, god he was hot.

"Fine, I'll give you that one." I said as I switched up my moves.

There was a whistle aimed at me from the other side of the dance floor.

"HEY!" Spencer roared.

"Spence!" I said.

He went after him and I pulled him back.

"Come on, let's go dance over here." I told him.

He glared at the guy before we walked farther away from him. I found it very attractive though that he was so protective over me, it made me want to have some alone time with him if you knew what I meant.

We danced until we couldn't dance any longer. We walked out of the club hand in hand, it was really late in the morning and I wasn't ready for it to end.

"So, want to go back to my place?" He asked.

I looked at him, knowing what he was implying.

I bit my lip thinking, "Yes."

I sent dad a quick text before we headed to his house.

"I had a nice time." Spencer said the next morning.

He offered me a rose.

"Thank you, I did as well."

He leaned in and gave me a kiss.

"I should probably go in, dad and pop are staring from the window." I groaned.

He smiled, "Call me later?"

I smiled and nodded.

It was back to the real world though shortly after I got home though. I was enjoying being at the hospital because I felt useful for once instead of being in the way.

"I'm scared!" Kyle, this little boy, cried.

"Don't be scared, it's just a machine." I reassured.

"Will it hurt?"

"No, it's just to take a scan of your insides."

His eyes went huge, "Can I keep the picture?!"

"Of course!" I giggled.

"Cool!"

I took the picture and all the way back to the room he told me how he was going to bring it to school.

I groaned sitting that the island in the kitchen and laying my head down.

"What's wrong buttercup?" Pop asked.

I groaned again at the thought of a buttercup.

"I think I got the stomach bug from a patient. There's been a lot of them at the hospital and it finally caught up to me." I said.

"Want me to make you soup?" He asked.

"I'll just throw it up."

He walked over to me and rubbed my back.

"I even had to cancel on Spencer tonight." I groaned.

He chuckled, "I'm sure he will understand."

I took deep breaths before making a mad dash to the bathroom to puke again.

What kind of stomach bug was this?

This new house is HUGE! But I love it, especially the laundry room. Hope you guys are enjoying the story! I think I'm going to wait a little before getting another pet and focus on the family for now. We shall see though.
My Stories:
-----

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2018, 10:17:38 PM »
A stomach bug huh... I have a theory on that XD lol Love Khloe and Spencer dancing.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2018, 12:06:30 AM »
Simon's POV

"Brianna, what is this the principal says about an award ceremony?" I asked.

She shrugged.

"Don't shrug, she says you made honor role! That's a huge thing!"

"I guess." She moped.

"What's wrong?"

She sat down at the table next to me.

"Khloe is always gone, I barely get to see her anymore."

"Oh baby." I kissed her forehead.

"It's fine though, I have a project to do."

I tried to console her more but she walked outside.

It was hard to believe that soon she would be a teenager. I wish I could make her feel better, but Khloe was in love and I remember that feeling of just starting out. Of course I was still head over heels in love with Jasper but that feeling when you first start is like no other. You cannot get enough of the person and you long to get more even if you just left them. I could understand both sides, but maybe I would talk to Khloe later on. Khloe walked in the kitchen just as I was thinking about the situation.

"Hey, Spencer is in the back but I need to talk to you for a minute." I told her.

"What's up?"

"You and Spencer have been dating for a few months and then some, but I just want to give you a friendly reminder that maybe you could spend a little bit more time with Bri."

She immediately looked guilty.

"I don't say this to make you feel guilty, she actually came to me and talked to me about it. She misses you so maybe every once in a while spend some time with her. Maybe even include her on your dates somehow. I'm sure she wouldn't mind getting to know Spencer." I told her.

"Thanks for the advice dad."

She hugged me before heading outside.

Khloe's POV

"Hey, dad told me you were out here." I smiled.

"Yeah, just helping Brianna out with some English homework." Spencer said.

I smiled.

"Hey kid, how about we go see a movie soon?" I asked Brianna.

"Really?!" She gasped.

"Yeah, just you and me." I ruffled her hair.

"Well, actually. Can Spencer come too? He's pretty cool."

I giggled, "Yes, Spencer can come as well."

"Yes!"

She went back to her homework but seemed a lot more happier then she was when I first came outside.

"See you later, we'll make the plans when I get home okay?" I told her.

She nodded.

I grabbed onto Spencer's hand and we went to take a walk around the block.

"So how are you feeling?" Spencer asked.

"I'm still sick, it comes and goes at this point. I don't know what's going on it's been the longest running stomach bug I've ever had." I told him.

"Maybe you should have one of your co-workers check it out."

I nodded.

"What?!" I gasped.

"What's going on?" Pop asked walking in the bathroom.

"I've gained weight?!"

He looked uncomfortable suddenly, it was one of those moments where he didn't know the right thing to do or say.

"You are beautiful." He said.

"Thanks." I said.

He walked away and left me in the bathroom. My brain began to spin as I thought of what could be going on. My stomach lurched as I thought of the only possibility.

"Aunt Sarah!" I screamed.

She came running into my bathroom.

"What?!" She gasped.

"I think I may be pregnant." I cried.

She looked at me with shock. The rest was a blur as we drove to get a pregnancy test. I remember sitting on the bathroom floor with her as we awaited the results. How could this of happened? When we ended up doing it it wasn't even planned, it just happened in the moment. Just one time and we haven't been dating a year yet. I was barely making it as a trainee at the hospital and he just landed a job at the tech school.

"What am I going to do?!" I sobbed.

Aunt Sarah pulled me in her arms and rocked me. I wanted so much more for myself, I overcame so much growing up and I felt like a failure by becoming pregnant. I wasn't even married and how was Spencer even going to take it? What if he didn't want kids? We haven't even talked about about children.

"We will figure it out." Sarah said.

"What are dad and pop going to think?" I asked.

"Let's worry about that if we come to it."

The timer on my phone went off and I stared at the little white stick that would determine my future.

Pregnant

"No!" I cried.

I sobbed into Sarah's shoulder and we sat on the bathroom floor for what seemed like years.

I sat on the front steps waiting for Spencer to walk over. My phone buzzed in my pocket.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Khloe?"

I recognized the voice as Brad, the supervisor at the hospital.

"Brad, hi." I said.

I could only imagine how horrible my voice was from crying so much.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I told him, lying.

I waited as he took a deep breath.

"Listen. Things at the hospital have been slow, and I just got out of a meeting where we went over the numbers. Khloe, you are a talented girl and I see so much in your future. Unfortunately I'm afraid that we have to let you go." He stated.

"What?!" I gaped.

"You're fired, and I wish I didn't have to do that but you were the last one hired." He sighed.

I just hung up and it was mainly out of shock. I looked up as Spencer walked up the walkway.

"Khloe?" He asked.

I was pale, so much has happened in the last hour. I stood up slowly to face him and he grabbed my hand.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I was just fired." I said in disbelief.

"What?! For what?" He asked.

"Budget things, I was the last hired so-"

"You were the first to be fired, I hate that so much."

I felt the tears well up in my eyes again and the familiar sickness in my stomach reminding me of the other problem I was facing.

"Khloe, there will be other jobs." He said.

"That's not it."

"We will look for another job for you tomorrow. Let's go to dinner."

"I'm not hungry."

He looked at me as if he knew there was something else.

"I was fired." I repeated.

"I know but we will figure it out Kh-"

"I'm pregnant." I blurted out.

He stopped talking. I was expecting him to yell or be angry even, something other then the blank expression on his face. I braced myself for him to walk away and never come back but instead I got the complete opposite. He pulled me in his arms.

"We will figure it all out. I told you I wasn't going anywhere. Sure we weren't planning to have a baby at this time but that doesn't mean things are ruined. Maybe losing your job was a blessing in disguise, maybe now you can focus on something else, even stay home with the baby until he or she is older." He told me.

"You want the baby?" I asked, shocked.

"Of course! I love children. Do you want it?"

"I mean, I never thought about it. My whole life I was unwanted, but maybe with this baby I could rewrite my life into a better one and show him or her the feeling of being loved and cared for instead of rejected and abused."

He smiled and kissed me.

"So, we're having a baby?" I asked.

"We're having a baby." He smiled.

Wow! I did NOT expect that to be so long without pictures! It's been a while since I just started writing a chapter thinking it would be a short one only for it to turn out really long! I'm actually quite happy with how it turned out! Hopefully it's a little shock about the pregnancy! What are they going to do?
My Stories:
-----

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2018, 12:10:35 AM »
Loved it!  I suspected just a little, but I love it all the same ^^ Think it was great.  Love that Brianna missed her sister.  Can't wait to see how they deal with the pregnancy and the baby when they come ^^

anything