Author Topic: Eternal Flea Market Glitch  (Read 13397 times)

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Eternal Flea Market Glitch
« on: April 03, 2018, 02:16:55 PM »
So my already glitchy game has come up with another problem, it's decided to make the flea market never go away...

The regular spice market objects are spawning in on top of the flea market, causing things like benches in foodstalls, the spice market food being covered by a painting sellers display, the bubble blowers having busking stations in them ect meaning nothing in the spice market where my sim currently is useable

Is there any way to fix this strange glitch? (Tried repair game, vising other worlds, switching households, turning it off and on again)

Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Eternal Flea Market Glitch
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 02:27:55 PM »
This sounds like a familiar City Living Bug. I've run across it, but now at the moment can't find the report.

I did find this one, but not sure if it's the one I'm remembering.

[OPEN] [CL] Festival objects spawning into each other and being stuck
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and-being/td-p/6433737

I'm not sure if there are any work-arounds for this issue. -- They may be looking for game saves from affected players to help work out the issue.

I did a different search and saw this -

Festivals spawn on top of each other and don’t go away
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/11/festivals-spawn-on-top-of-each-other-and-dont-go-away/

I'm not sure if either of these are the exact issue you're having, but might be worth looking through the thread and Crinrict's article to see if they might have any tips that can help.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 02:58:28 PM »
Right, I'm just gonna move out of the spice market so it isn't as annoying right now and hope it goes away itself eventually thank you MrsFlynn

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 02:59:42 PM »
Man, I thought they fixed this one! When this has happened to me, the only way I've found to fix it is go to the next festival and stay until the bitter end. All of the objects will eventually despawn once the festival is over, but you've got to be on the lot, waiting for it to happen.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 03:19:49 PM »
Man, I thought they fixed this one! When this has happened to me, the only way I've found to fix it is go to the next festival and stay until the bitter end. All of the objects will eventually despawn once the festival is over, but you've got to be on the lot, waiting for it to happen.

Okay I can do that next time! I think it'll be a few sim weeks before either festival comes back now but that a much better solution than having to rebuild a whole apartment! Thank you @FrancescaFiori

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 05:44:05 PM »
This is a known bug. @FrancescaFiori  is right, the items will eventually despawn and the area will reset but sometimes it can take sim-days. The bug is caused by leaving the lot/neighborhood during a festival. I had two festivals and many of the street vendors all spawned on top of each other but by staying in the area for a sim day or two it all eventually went back to normal.  I don't think there is a complete fix for it although it was reported as being fixed in a recent patch.

Apart from looking like a hot mess it won't stop your sims from attending a festival although occasionally the exact stall you want may not be attended.

The links MrsFlynn posted are the correct ones to go and add a report to as I guess it's good to keep reporting these bugs in the hopes that one day they may be fixed for good.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 09:58:41 PM »
Just wondering, is Planet HoneyPop always supposed to have the Romance set up? It's not really a festival, but the tea & garden are there & it always plays the Eastern sounding instrumental music. I don't mind it & thought it was a part of the game I missed, since I didn't usually visit the city, unless there was an event there. Now, I'm not so sure, it's normal.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 02:46:50 AM »
There is one set up that includes a vendor, music busker stand, picnic tables and a sort of roped off area with pink flags/bunting but that should change and ordinary vendors with just picnic tables should also make an appearance. I can't remember if speakers are part of the flag/bunting set up though.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 11:45:58 AM »
The flea market finally left! Thank you everyone who helped

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 08:45:33 PM »
The flea market finally left! Thank you everyone who helped
@wa-wa-world
What exactly did you do to make the Flea Market go away? I just started experiencing this in my 8th generation with the Romance & Humor & Hijinks Festivals. *sighs
Yes, I read the links but, as you know, my Sharebears don't even live in San Myshuno! *@%&!?

Lol, I'm going to try to attend the festivals on their officially scheduled days next.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 02:28:56 PM »
 You have to wait until the glitched festival is back in town, so say the flea market overlaps everything else so when you get the notification the market is back in town you have to send a sim there and just stay at the festival until the festival is due to be over and just wait for it to despawn after the festival do not leave before or it will just not go 😂

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 03:52:23 PM »
Okay, thank you for the tip!
I'll wait until the next festival notification! *crosses fingers and feels hopeful

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 06:29:10 PM »
You don't have to wait for the same festival for the lot to clear. In fact if your sim stays actively on the lot even when there is no festival the lot will eventually reset and all items will despawn. Since the patched-in fix this despawning happens a lot quicker than before, so often it only takes a few hours now.
So if you arrive at a festival lot for some other reason (like visiting a household in the area) and you notice items are all over lapped chances are by the time your sim has finished visiting for the day everything will have reset and all the items will have despawned allowing the lot to reset as normal.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 08:07:17 PM »
Woah woah I knew that four month ago lmao

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2018, 12:40:19 AM »
You don't have to wait for the same festival for the lot to clear. In fact if your sim stays actively on the lot even when there is no festival the lot will eventually reset and all items will despawn. Since the patched-in fix this despawning happens a lot quicker than before, so often it only takes a few hours now.
So if you arrive at a festival lot for some other reason (like visiting a household in the area) and you notice items are all over lapped chances are by the time your sim has finished visiting for the day everything will have reset and all the items will have despawned allowing the lot to reset as normal.
@Playalot
Awww, that didn't work for me at all.
I arrived at Arts Quarter around 7 pm and stayed in that neighborhood continuously until 6 am.
A few very insignificant changes occurred but that swag stall vendor kept peddling his wares the entire time (even as my sims were leaving).
They day before, I stayed in the Arts Quarter for 3-4 hours as well.
It'd never happened before until one or two weeks ago in-game.
Only two more generations of my legacy challenge to go, though, so I guess it's just a lost cause. :(