Author Topic: Surrogate Mother  (Read 17145 times)

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
Surrogate Mother
« on: April 03, 2018, 12:46:32 AM »
Hello.

I have a story but need help please to set up the sims for it.

2 boys atm live separate but soon move together and will became a couple. They have a very good girl friend (just friend nothing more). The boys would like to have own children. I am aware I can make the boys pregnant but I prefer to avoid that route. So I would like to make the girl as the surrogate mother for the babies. Untill this point I can make it happen.

But, here is a tricky part for me. I want the girl give the baby for the father 1 then again for the father 2 after the baby’s birth. I do not want the girl to move in with the boys. I do not want to the boys (individualy) get married to her then divorce. I am not even sure if at divorce the father can keep the baby. I want three of them stay good friends, I do not want trouble, anger or hate between them.

I know this is cliche story but I find it interesting to play it out.
Could you please tell me if this is actually possible and if yes how to go by it?

thank you

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Surrogate Mother
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 02:37:25 AM »
Hello ^^  Let's see if I understand things correctly.  You want her to have a baby of each of the men?  She can have a romantic relationship with both of them without marrying and without moving in.  You'd have to ask her to move in and instead just move in the babies.  At the moment, that's how the game mechanics work.  As far as staying good friends, as long as each man doesn't discover the other romancing her, that's about the only way to keep the relationships from taking a hit.  Now, that means each of them would have a romantic relationship with her, but it would fade over time.

If you use something like MCCC there might be other options there, but if you aren't using that, you'd have to use the current game mechanics.  If anyone else knows a way around it, that would be great, but that's all I can think of.

So the logistics would be: one of them invites her over, starts a quick romance, enough to try for baby.  Just make sure his male partner is gone.  After the baby's birth, repeat with male #2.  Then just let the romantic relationship with the female decay normally.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 03:32:00 AM »
@Shewolf13 thank you to respond. Yes, you understand it right (sorry bad english) that is what I want baby for each boy from her.

I do use MCCC. Now you mentioned it I go and look around in the setting see if I can set their relationship to suit the most for my play.
I do remember I can set the sims to be okay to have ’fun’ with whoever and nobody gets jealous but then I risk it she will have ’fun’ with other sims not just the boys.
I want to keep her just for the boys. Now think of it after the boys have their babies I can set her pregnancy % to 0.

thank you again everything help to get around my idea and somehow ’trick’ the game

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 07:07:27 AM »
Also, you can have the boys ask the girl to just be friends after she is impregnated.  It is under the friendly social menu.  That way, all romantic ties are broken as soon as she is pregnant.

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 07:18:12 AM »
@christinal3106  thank you. Probably I will go with that just as long as all stay friends.

My main problem to work out how the boys can take the babies off from the girl. The babies need to live in the boys’ home. The girl must stay in her home, do not want them to move together.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 08:56:05 AM »
Have one of the dads invite the mother to the house after she has had the baby and ask her to move in.  When you get the change household box with the dads on one side and the mother and baby on the other just select the baby, click on the arrow to move it across to the dad's side and ok the changes, the baby will move in but not the mum.  I'd buy a bassinette for the baby before you move it in just to be on the safe side, but I suspect the game will provide one if you forget.

The adults need to be friends or better for the 'move in' social to appear in the friendly section.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 10:37:06 AM »
Just to add, if they have a romantic relationship, just click "Just be friends" under friendly after each successful "conceive" :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tynynounours

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »
For moving a baby in, I'd add that if you didn't bought the bassinet, the baby may end in the family inventory, and you'll recieve a message stating there's not enough room for them or something. It happened to me when the family moved to a new appartement, so your situation may be similar.

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 12:44:40 AM »
@HelenP Thank you. I was searching a few forum yesterday and one mentioned something similar. I can just move baby into the boys household and leave mom at her place. It was sound more trickier then yours so I am happy to follow what you say.

@Tynynounours, thanks the heads up. The room will be set up with basinet allready so that should be fine.

@WickedSimmer87 thanks for the good point. I don’t want the boys in releationship with the girl. She is just helping the boys out because they are very good friends.

Thank you so much for all the help and tips

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 01:44:52 PM »
If you make whoohoo a club activity, your couple can conceive with very little romantic relationship to the surrogate which makes it easier when that let's just be friends moment comes :)

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 05:17:17 PM »
You can use manage worlds and add her to the household, use play with genetics to give her a toddler with both men, and then split her off from the household. It can all be done in manage worlds and not a minute of in-game time will pass.

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 11:41:29 PM »
@LazyKatie does this mean the boys and the girl dna will be used? It will not just be any random baby (babies) generated?

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 07:36:29 AM »
Yep!