Author Topic: Freezing problems with my game.  (Read 2280 times)

Offline shunlvswx

• Nooboo
Freezing problems with my game.
« on: April 02, 2018, 11:37:00 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to the board. I've been lurking for a few years, but I decided to finally start posting.

I've been having a very big problem with my game lately, but it might have something to do with the file.

I'm playing the 100 Baby Challenge thing and I notice my game has been freezing a lot when I play that file.  My sim would be stuck in place for a while and sometimes the time would stop and sometimes it would continue.  When I want them to do a task, it takes forever for them to do it.  Yesterday, my kids were at school until 9:00pm and then they wouldn't go to school the next day.  I would reset the sims, but they still won't do a task. 

I'm thinking its probably my file since I basically have 39 sims (some alive and some dead) and its probably making that file slow.  What do I need to do to make it not freeze all the time.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Freezing problems with my game.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 05:27:32 PM »
This definitely sounds game-related, as with challenges after awhile the game will get bogged down a lot and will become hard to play.

You haven't mentioned what you've tried to help relieve the freezing, so please forgive any repeat tips.

1. Move the mods folder to desktop (for testing purposes) - This is to fully make sure it's not outdated mods/cc or some hidden files in the Mods folder. - Read more in the post linked below:

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

We recently received a new game patch (March. 20th) that has made some game mods and custom content become outdated. You need to go through your mods folder to see what needs to be updated.

Testing by disabling mods in the Options Menu, isn't enough of a test to be able to tell if it is a mods problem, a cc problem or a vanilla game problem.

2. Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

The localthumbcache.package can be found in the main Sims 4 folder
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Also removing the mods folder without deleting the localthumbcahche.package file from your The Sims 4 folder, also isn't enough of a test. It all has to be done together!

3. Deactivate Origin In-Game - Open Origin, Go up to the Origin Menu, Click Origin and select Application Settings. Select the Origin In-Game tab. Make sure it is turned Off. - This deactivates Origin In-Game, as it has been known to cause problems with games.

4. Repair Game  - In Origin, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - Do note this repairs the game's install files for the actual game. It does not make any changes to the saved game files. Meaning that your saved games are safe, they won't be deleted.

5. Try a Sims 4 factory reset and a new game save without mods/cc.

Try a Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669

See post linked below for more tips:

Relieve Freezing and/or Game Lag
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29313.msg426179#msg426179
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 07:33:34 PM »
Welcome to the forum @shunlvswx   :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline shunlvswx

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 09:11:07 AM »
Thanks, MrsFlynn.  I didn't play the Sims that much last night, but I did move the mods folder to the desktop.  I also got rid of some of the mods and CC I wasn't using.  I also evicted some of the NPC from houses.

For some reason I didn't have that cache folder.  I saw the Cachestr Folder and Localthumbcache.package file, but I didn't see the cache folder.

Its still kinda doing it, but my next step is to get rid of the items in the family's inventory and that right now is kinda a pain in the butt because I have so much in the inventory.  I might need to delete those mods and CC that's left and probably reinstall it.

Thanks for welcoming me, Playalot.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 10:57:31 AM »
Sometimes there isn't anything in the Sims 4 cache folder, specially if you play offline or with Online Features Access (Community Gallery) turned off.

You shouldn't have to reinstall the game unless there's a game breaking glitch/bug happening.

Instead of uninstalling/reinstalling you could try a factory reset and a new game save without mods/cc.

Try a Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline shunlvswx

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 12:28:42 PM »
I will try that.  Thanks, MrsFlynn.