Author Topic: Can you turn off screenshots for paint from reference?  (Read 4357 times)

Offline rika1431

• Townie
Can you turn off screenshots for paint from reference?
« on: March 21, 2018, 10:54:55 PM »
Yeah, so basically the thread title. I was playing a rival dynasty attempt--just a practice one for me to have something to do--and I, of course, wanted to get masterpieces for my portrait contributions to the museum. Well, I can't even really tell you how many portraits I did because my screenshots folder is so full that my computer locks up whenever I try to select them all and move to trash--SO MANY. I had to delete them in batches.

But hey, I got  $10k portraits  ;D

Does anyone know if there's a way to disable that feature? I want to do paint from references, but I don't want to fill up my screenshot folder every time I want to do portraits! It would make things really difficult if I were going to document a new rival dynasty attempt--finding my actual screenshots amidst all those portrait screenshots would be a nightmare o.o

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Can you turn off screenshots for paint from reference?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 11:12:46 PM »
As far as I am aware, no. The placing of painting reference photos into the Screenshots folder has been a community issue since it was first introduced. As well as it contributing to photography skill. Perhaps someone has a mod that could do this but I don't know of any personally.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 11:25:16 PM »
As far as I am aware, no. The placing of painting reference photos into the Screenshots folder has been a community issue since it was first introduced. As well as it contributing to photography skill. Perhaps someone has a mod that could do this but I don't know of any personally.

Awww :(  I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Well, constant saving and swiping over to my desktop to delete those files will have to do then!

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 07:31:29 AM »
I think you can choose the destination folder for screenshots.
that way, you create a folder whenever you want to do a lot of screen for photo or painting, and then just put the whole folder into the trash. Not perfect but it may save time. You just have to return to the old folder after.