Author Topic: The Petal Legacy story (Week 4, 01 April)  (Read 11057 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Petal Legacy story (Week 3, 27 Mar)
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2018, 05:30:23 AM »
Week 3

The decision was made. As soon as we went home the floortiles where put down, as a foundation for the house.
The rest of the money was spent on better furniture.
We would now spent our money on all the furniture we needed, and the spare money would be used on walls for the house.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Ivy worked hard, and completed her second aspiration. Sleeping in better beds really worked out.

Nico used all his vacation days from work and stayed home with the children, teaching the responsibility. The most important character trait.

He also made sure Azure was taught his basic skills.

Sage's teen birthday was soon upon us, and all the colourfull children in the neighbor hood where invited.

One grown teenage boy. Looking like a blend of both me and Nico.

After the candles where blown, Azure was the one getting all the attention from the kids.
The children are from left to right, Christopher, Benny, Connor, Alex and the only girl Naomi.
One of the young boys is already out of the running for primary spouse, having the insider trait.

Azure also aged up, and even though he was a little genius he had a touch for the arts too.

Nico woke me up one morning just to tell me he loved me. His time had nearly ran out. So he told me that he wanted to contribute with one last thing for the legacy.

When we all left for work and school, Nico was still asleep. But not long after he felt that time had come. He had decided how to leave this world, not letting the grim decide.

Rest in piece Nico.

The house was empty when we came home. I painted out my feelings creating a sad painting for our paint collection. And at the same time completing my aspiration. Now I would focus on Successful Lineage.

Ivy was working on her 3rd aspiration togehter with her friend Benny, but did not end up completing it before it was time for her birthday.

All her friends came to celebrate.

I sat down with Ivy that night to talk about the legacy and her responsibilities to come. She asured me that she had everything under control. As long as she was not supposed to flirt with any of her friends.

Instead she went to prepare for her work. As a Renaissance Sim she had alot of tasks to prepare for.

Sage was not to fond of having to work each day after highschool, but an aspiring Master Chef needed the training in a kitchen. After this shift he would have secured this career for our legacy score.

To celebrate the progress we had done, we went to the spice festival, and had a night without responsibilities.

That night Nico rejoined us for a short time, cleaning the whole ground, even in his afterlife he did what he could to help us.

I was so happy to see him, that I finally felt whole again.

In the weekend Azure completed his first aspiration, and fastly started the next. As the genius he where I had no chance against him.

Sage was hanging out more and more wiht Naomi who also had aged up to a teen.

Ivy was nearly getting a promotion in her laborer career, so full of energy she ran off to work.

A week where a lot had happend, both good and bad.

Week 3: 12/103

Knowledge: 2 (Nico; Photography. Clover; Photography, Painting. Azure; Communication, Imagination, Potty, Thinking. Sage; Motion. Ivy; Motion. Azure; Creativity)
Athletic: 3 (Sage; Rambunctious Scamp. Ivy; Rambunctious Scamp. Clover; Painter Extraordinaire. Azure; Artistic Prodigy)
Nature: 0 (Note: Nico died of Overexertion. And all emotional paintings except Focused where painted.)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2018, 10:12:02 AM »
RIP Nico!  You will be missed!  --sniffle-- Always hate seeing the spouses die, especially the founder's spouse.  But even in his afterlife, he's still helping out!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2018, 10:54:44 AM »
Rest in peace, Nico! Your handsome genes live on in your beautiful children.
This is an odd thing to say but what an amazing death shot of Nico--he appears to be taking his own temperature.

The children are all ageing up wonderfully and doing well, especially the future heir Ivy. :D

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2018, 02:41:52 PM »
I love the shot of all the children gathered around toddler Sage. It's so sweet!
I'm sorry to see Nico go, but glad he could make a contribution with his death, and especially glad he's still helping out with the dishes!
The house is looking great, and I'm glad to hear the family has some comfortable beds to sleep in!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2018, 09:49:13 PM »
Aw, so long, Nico. I guess that's the downside of short lifespan. :( The kids are great and I can't wait to see what Ivy accomplishes as the heir.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2018, 04:13:07 AM »
@Shewolf13 I always find it hard to see the founder and the founders spouse go, already dreading when it will be Clovers time. Nico was and will be a helpfull spouse.

@oshizu Felt really lucky that Clover found Nico that day, even though he was a bit old.
In the dead shot he is checking his pulse as he died of overextortion.
And if both Ivy and Sage would have been able to be heirs I would not have been able to choose. And then with Azure, phew good I have my succession laws handling this.

@FrancescaFiori Azure really became the center of attention. Maybe because Ivy and Sage did not have time for them for real.
Nico was a good spouse, and good father for the legacy.
The house will hopefully be pretty, just laying the floors was not cheap.

@reggikko Yes time feels short on that lifespan, but it also does that I do not feel like having to wait for them to age up etc.
I cant wait to get Ivy to young adult either, and to see what goals, and toddlers she will get.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
Re: The Petal Legacy story (Week 4, 01 April)
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2018, 07:26:10 AM »
Week 4

Ivy came home from work proudly declaring another career was maxed and cross off the work list.
At the same time, I completed a focused painting and with that also our emotinal painting collection.

To celebrate our progress we went out to another festival. This time it was the fleamarket that was in town.
Both Ivy and I imidiately spotted the table with MySims dolls, and even though we where no collectors in our family yet, we could not say no to a bargain like this.

Sage invited Naomi on a date at the Fleamarket. The two of them where spending more and more time togehter.

The day after Sage and Azure both came home proudly showing off their A's in school. We had a small birhtday party for them both.

They both had Nico's colours but could not have been more different otherwise. Azure had gotten the most of my features, with eyes and lips. Where Sage was more like Nico.

Ivy was hanging out with her friends, they all would soon age up. The only thing that she wanted them to promise her was that they would all stay friends.

I taught Ivy to paint too, she wanted to learn new skills, and I could not have enjoyed anything more than teaching her the things I had learned.

Azure liked the attention he had gotten already as a toddler, so he aspired to become a musicial genius, already now getting attention when he pulled out his guitar.

Ivy also rose to the top of as a Barista, in the mornings before school. Really working hard on her aspiration.

Even though Sage was now older than Naomi he spent his free time wiht her. That was except when he cooked hours a day.

My elder birthday came before I expected it. I was at work ready for my 8th promotion when they sent me home. I had to age up. That was the sadest birthday I have ever had.

But on the same day Ivy had her young adult birhtday too. She was also an A student, and with her 2 completed teen careers she was well going in her aspiration.

It was time to hand over the reigns to the next generation. We sat down so that I could tell Ivy all the details about what had been done, and what needed to be done still.
Mom was specially worried about the careers part of our goals. Neither her or dad had reached the top of a career path, and she was very unsure she would manage in time.
But I was not afraid, Sage, Azure and I would get us alot further in that categori.

Dad also came out that night to congratulate me, and wish me luck.

The morning after I invited Benny over who had also aged up. I asked him to move in with us which he immidiately accepted.

I tried flirting with him I really did, but one failed attempt after the other. Flirting is really not something for a unflirty sim!

Mom said she knew the methods to help me, but what should she be able to do. She sent us into the bedroom, and even though I still do not know how, Benny kissed me.

We even got frisky in the closet.

I dont know if it was the delisious food that Sage kept cooking or if I really was pregnant, but I gained alot of weight in a very short time.

As my first duty as a heir I decided to use the most of the money we got on building the house. All of the house was in one level, except the museum that I had placed over the living room.

We still needed alot of furniture, windows, plants and so much more. But the base shell had been build.

But now we agian needed money, but we also needed to fulfill the next set off goals. So Benny who aspired to be a writer, joined the writers career.

And Azure became a better and better player, setting his goal to join the entertainer career as a musician when he would become older.

It was now up to me to guide this legacy.

Week 4: 18/103 (+6)

Knowledge: (Azure; Mental)
Athletic: (Azure; Whiz kid)
Nature: 2 (Collected all aspiraiton awards, Collected all emotinal paintings)
Family: 1 (Heir Ivy aged to YA)
Love: 1 (3 unique traits, Benny Morrisey)
Creative: 1 (Memoralisation of Ivy and Benny)
Fortune: 1 (Family Worth over 75000)

Watchers note:
I had to make a rule change to be able to complete some goals.
So rewording: "Careers cannot be abandoned to take up another career, if its decided to quit the job the sim has decided to retire" to "Carrers cannot be abandoned to take up another career. The career must be maxed before changing. If the career was not maxed when quitting the sim cannot take up another career."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2018, 10:38:13 AM »
So many great things happened in this chapter! Many kudos to the silent Watcher!  ;)
Very impressive of Ivy to complete two teen careers before her YA birthday!
Thank you showing us the brothers Sage and Azure side by side. Azure truly inherited Clover's exotic features!

Congrats on Ivy's YA birthday and finding a spouse of color with 3 unique traits!
The house looks great--I love the split-leveled roofing!
Now I can't wait to see what color their nooboos will be! Hang on, Clover! Everyone wants you to meet your grand-child/grand-children!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2018, 02:49:09 PM »
Ooo, wow, look at you go!  --sniffle-- Petal's an elder already!  Hard to believe.  And Ivy a Young Adult!  You are cruising through this ^^  Careers have always been my downfall.  Not sure why.  I can't imagine doing it on short life span.

Loving the house. Especially love the feature of your triangular entryway there ^^ Fits it really well.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2018, 11:36:02 PM »
The house looks so cool! I love the angles.
I'm impressed that Ivy cleared two teen careers. Bravo!
Congratulations to Ivy on the pregnancy, and overcoming the unflirtiness. That can be really tough. So excited that a baby is on the way!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2018, 11:27:39 PM »
Love your story so far!  That was smart to have Ivy max two teen careers so that she will have a chance at completing Renaissance Sim.   

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2018, 06:47:34 AM »
Love all your colourful sims and the house looks great, as others are mentioned.

You're really impressive with your (to me terrifying) extra rules. In normal life span I balked particularly at the popularity section as it felt like I was grinding gold medal dates at times, I think it's something like 40 gold dates/ parties required per generation averaged out so don't envy you at all on short. But no doubt you'll make it look easy.

Can't wait for more.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2018, 10:00:51 AM »
So many great things happened in this chapter! Many kudos to the silent Watcher!  ;)
Very impressive of Ivy to complete two teen careers before her YA birthday!
Thank you showing us the brothers Sage and Azure side by side. Azure truly inherited Clover's exotic features!

Congrats on Ivy's YA birthday and finding a spouse of color with 3 unique traits!
The house looks great--I love the split-leveled roofing!
Now I can't wait to see what color their nooboos will be! Hang on, Clover! Everyone wants you to meet your grand-child/grand-children!

@oshizu Ivy was working hard. Im very happy for her, both look wise and also with what she accomplished.
And finding Benny was pure luck, all the blushing boys where good too, but I would rather have another colour this time. Sadly the pink boy they met as a child some time long ago, had the wrong traits.
Sage and Azure are so different, which I am also really happy about. Both would have been a good heir, if this was not all about the girls.
Cant wait to show the nooboo when I get to that.

Ooo, wow, look at you go!  --sniffle-- Petal's an elder already!  Hard to believe.  And Ivy a Young Adult!  You are cruising through this ^^  Careers have always been my downfall.  Not sure why.  I can't imagine doing it on short life span.

Loving the house. Especially love the feature of your triangular entryway there ^^ Fits it really well.

@Shewolf13 Yes time is going so fast on short. And that is also the reason I dread the career points. Short life span is actually not the problem, as I saw in the Sharebear dynasty. The trouble here are my strange even harder rules.
Thanks, I am proud of the house.

The house looks so cool! I love the angles.
I'm impressed that Ivy cleared two teen careers. Bravo!
Congratulations to Ivy on the pregnancy, and overcoming the unflirtiness. That can be really tough. So excited that a baby is on the way!

@FrancescaFiori Thank you, really proud here, havent build much, like the lawn living.
Ivy is doing great as heir.

Love your story so far!  That was smart to have Ivy max two teen careers so that she will have a chance at completing Renaissance Sim.   

@BallerinaHippo Thanks for the nice words. Yes you have to find all tricks to get around my hard rules. Not that I made this easy in any way.

Love all your colourful sims and the house looks great, as others are mentioned.

You're really impressive with your (to me terrifying) extra rules. In normal life span I balked particularly at the popularity section as it felt like I was grinding gold medal dates at times, I think it's something like 40 gold dates/ parties required per generation averaged out so don't envy you at all on short. But no doubt you'll make it look easy.

Can't wait for more.

@Vesper Thank you :) Ekstra rules where there to make it even more a challenge, and I am glad I did it, because all the things we get sometimes makes the game more and more easy.
And honestly, parties scare me the most. Never get enough done per generation as there is so much else to do.

And now so that you all do not just think I just did this to reply to the comments.
I will be comming back to this legacy, sooner or later, after reading it all again today, I realised, that I miss the Petals alot.
But I also enjoy my Sharebear story, and as we are there alot of people playing side by side that just gets my attention a bit more right now.

So this is a promise. I will continue this challenge. I might even tweak the rules a bit more? What do you think, do I miss a restriction?