Author Topic: The Petal Legacy story (Week 4, 01 April)  (Read 11054 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Petal Legacy story (Week 1, 16 Mar)
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 07:11:35 AM »
@oshizu
I found the colours of Nico really lovely too, and Sage then also getting the green eyes from Clover. I nearly wanted to break my rules and name him heir right there!
And yes a botanical/colour inspired nameing theme, all babies will be named sprout until they grow into their name/colour :)
But as you can see i did not manage another chapter in the weekend, but soon.

@Shewolf13
Thanks

@Playalot
They had to look at the most positive in a hard situation.

@FrancescaFiori
I really like the camping feel too. If the clothes washing was or is a bad idea i have not yet decided on.
I feel very lucky with Nico and Sage, I hope that the little sprout will be as cute as her brother.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 07:48:21 AM »
I scrolled up and revisited that adorable shot of Sage holding a bowl while he sits on the cooler.
He is sooooooo cute!
May I ask why you chose Strict Matriarchy?
Do the founder's genes last longer through 10 generations if all the mothers are biologically connected?
Are you more likely to get rainboos, especially green ones? (haha, is that a word? I mean "rainbow nooboos.")

What a clever idea to wait until the nooboo is a toddler to name them, since a rainboo's skintone only reveals itself at the toddler stage.
I'm so looking forward to finding out what happens next!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 10:53:52 AM »
The reason i choose Strict Matriarchy was that i wanted to play female heirs.
And strict because that adds to the difficulty.

Dont think it adds the odds for her skin tone. And I like the term rainboos, reminds me of sims 3 where i had an actual rainbow skin.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 12:46:01 PM »
Clover is so pretty I love her dress too! And wow you were lucky to find a blue spouse so fast!
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2018, 12:55:14 PM »
I love Nico's skin and Sage is adorable. Can't wait to see where you take this (and hopefully pick up some good tips!).

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2018, 05:56:42 PM »
@wa-wa-world Yes it was very lucky that he turned up so fast, my game decided to only generate normal sims so was quiet worried there.

@reggikko Thanks, Sage is so cute as a toddler i was totally smitten with his expressions. I hope to add a tip or two when i write, but writing is hard for me. But I will always answer questions.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
Re: The Petal Legacy story (Week 2, 20 Mar)
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2018, 06:02:04 PM »
Week 2

As happy as I was to see that our family grew, Sage was not. He felt very sad to have to share his time with his little sister.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

To cheer him up again I spent as much quality time with him as I could beside work and gaining money.

Nico proudly walked around at home in his work clothes showing how far he was getting in the athletic career.

Time is really going so fast. The little sprout soon grew up, looking like both me and Nico. We named her Ivy.

While painting I discovered that I was pregnant again, this was really not planned. We could only barely manage as it was.

Sage had his birthday not long after. He had been playing all day when I came home from work, but I could not convince him to get a bath before getting to his cake.

And he only took a quick shower before he jumped out onto his birhtday gift.

Even though Ivy was a bit clingy at times she was very imaginative too, and played for hours beside my easel.

As we still did struggle with money we did everything ourself. Nico was getting rather handy.

And we managed with the little we had. Still remembering to enjoy the time together.

But when times where as hard as they where Sage sometimes felt the need to act out abit. But his neatly tendencies made him clean it up himself each time.

I was training with Ivy when i went into labor. And a little boy sprout joined out family.

A night Nico came home sad. He had gotten one more promotion, but knew he could never in time reach the top of his career. I did really hurt me to see him like that.

So that night he spent with Ivy, helping her the best he could so she would grow up as a Top-Notch-Toddler.

The morning after I brought her to her cake. She had completed all she could as a toddler, we where so proud of her.

As the heir Ivy already felt responsible to help out the household. I tried to talk with her about taking time, beign a child and all, but she would not listen.

The same day our last sprout grew up. Azure as we named him, looked alot like his brother Sage.

I took the kids to the park in Willow Creek to give them a day of, to just play and have fun.

Ivy got to know alot of new friends at the park. 3 your boys all her age, is it to early for a mother to think that we could have my potential son in law between them?

Back at home we hung our portraits on the wall over our beginning collection of potions. All generations would be remember by photos.

Time was passing again. And in the middle of his training Nico felt the age on his buddy. I also aged up that same night.

The day after I can home from work, exhausted, dirty, older. It was time to change things.

We sat down as a family, to discuss the future together. In order for us to do better I had two solutions. We could either buy better items for the money we had saved, or we could start building the first parts of our house. The most important was that we decided it as a family.

With that another week ended, with the new one comming it would be like a new beginning.

Week 2: (+4) 7/103
Creative: 1 (Memoralisation of Clover and Nico)
Knowledge: 2 (Sage; Imagination. Ivy; Potty, Thinking, Movement, Imagination, Communication, Social)
Athletic: 1 (Ivy; Social Butterfly)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2018, 06:42:24 PM »
Oooo, nice!  Love that the boys are blueboos and the girl takes after Mama ^^  And no, of course it's not too early to be thinking of spouses hehehehe

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2018, 08:12:38 PM »
I'm so relieved that Clover is still an adult but surprised to see Nico already an elder. And he's so slim now, too!
Time really flies on short lifespan!
All three children are gorgeous with Mama's green eyes. How wonderful that the Petals already have the next heir, a green one!
Ivy is already showing signs of becoming an ambitious heir!

I giggled to see that all three boys at the park are redheads! That might be some Pippin voodoo at work! (just kidding, of course)
How wonderful that all three boys have rainbow skin, too!

You are such a trooper, LenaLJ! You even forfeited Clover's extra 9 days gained from 3 pregnancies, by ageing her up at the same time as Nico!
Congrats on Ivy earning the Top-Notch Toddler trait!
I agree--it's never too early to start a spouse hunt!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2018, 01:34:14 AM »
Yay! Ivy is green like her mama! And she has so many colorful spouse prospects. How lucky!
Loved the picture of Sage making a mess in his bunny slippers. It's even funnier knowing he's just going to clean up after himself later. :)
I'm excited to see what the family decides about how best to improve their lives.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2018, 06:08:36 AM »
@Shewolf13 Yes i am glad i got both colours. But all got Nico's hair, but that might be because i chose green for Clover.

@oshizu Nico started as an adult which on short was not the worlds best idea. I really like Ivy so far, hope she grows up looking a bit like Clover.
Those 3 boys where the only rainbow children my game had spawned at that time. Now the question comes what their traits will be. And if Pippin wants to do that kind of woodoo in my game i would be happy, i like red hair.
And yes those extra pregnancy days felt to easy on my hard rules, so that had to go.

@FrancescaFiori Untill now it looks like they have a bright future (with those children showing up)
Sage is really growing on me, his neat trait really made him clean up each time he made a mess, i could not stop laughing as it happend two or three times in a row.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2018, 11:38:42 AM »
Yeah, as far as I know, they can't get the colored hair until teen and higher, sadly unless you have custom hair colors for toddlers and kids.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 11:18:02 PM »
Ivy is so pretty! And such a hard worker already. I love that the whole family made the decision about what to do next together--it really shows how close they are, which is always just so nice. I love them!

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2018, 11:25:51 PM »
I found some cc that makes unnatural hair colors for toddlers and children that are maxis match.  They are also genetic.  I really wanted that with the Life States Dynasty.  You may of already seen it, but I love it, and just thought I would let you know.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2018, 03:56:57 AM »
@rika1431 Thanks

@christinal3106 Thanks for the notice, but I will not put CC in my game except the skin colours, have had some bad results with that before.