Author Topic: The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff Pack  (Read 9402 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff Pack
« on: March 05, 2018, 05:24:33 PM »
https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/970750844378365952

No real details apart from what is on the little teaser, a new pet to play with, new clothes for cats and dogs and the ability to play with new pet prints.

It is unclear if it is a new Stuff Pack or unpaid content but the trailer is coming out tomorrow.

*Just editing this to add it does say in small print at the bottom of the teaser screen that it: 'Requires the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs (Sold Separately) to access all stuff pack content. So I think it is safe to say this is a Stuff Pack that you will be able to purchase.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff Pack
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 03:39:37 PM »
Official link:  https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/pet-stuff-announce

Simmers, do your Sims love their pets? Do said pets add sunshine and rainbows and scratched furniture to your Sims’ lives? Do you want to add to their lives, too? Are you tired of reading all these questions? Of course you are! Let’s cut to the chase: The Sims(TM) 4 My First Pet Stuff* pack is coming soon, and it’s all about – you guessed it – pet stuff.

Your Sims will now be able to dress their cats and dogs in fresh outfits. Yes, it’s happening, people. Pet costumes are in the building. Your furry besties can now strut in style! Now that’s what we call a catwalk.

But wait, there’s so much more! If you can’t get enough of The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs, you're probably a huge animal lover. With The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff, you can add small pets to households, like a hamster, rat, pygmy hedgehog, or miniature bubalus. So. Freaking. Cute. Each one lives in a fun, interactive habitat, and your Sims will learn to take care of them, play with them, and keep them happy and healthy, too.

Finally, Sims can show their pets, friends, and families how much they care about their fur babies by decorating their homes with pet-inspired furniture. Brighten up a kid’s room, toss a kitty throw pillow in your living room, and show your pride for all things pets!

Ready to show your Sims’ pets some love? The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff pack arrives March 13, 2018 on PC and Mac. If you haven't already, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Twitch, like us on Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Official My First Pet Stuff Pack Trailer
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 03:41:19 PM »
EA released an official trailer for the Sims 4: My First Pet Stuff Pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_uRr36nQG0

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 04:28:29 PM »
This is a tweet thread from SimGuruGraham that explains how this Stuff Pack will work without owning the Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack. (Of course you will need the Base Game 'The Sims 4' in order for this to work at all.)

Quote:
The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff can be purchased and played by anyone who only has The Sims 4 base game. If you play it without having The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs installed, here's a breakdown of how each portion of the pack works.

New Gameplay: If you play The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff without having The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs installed, you’ll be able to play with all of the new gameplay features that are coming with the pack.

New Objects: If you play The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff without having The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs installed, you’ll be able to place all of the new objects in the pack. However, pet specific objects that are intended for cats and dogs will not have interactions on them.

New Clothing: If you play The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff without having The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs installed, you’ll be able to use all of the new clothing coming for Sims of all ages. You will not have access to the new outfits and accessories worn by cats and dogs.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 04:32:37 PM »
A little bit of extra info: a rodent disease that can be caught and spread, and a new death.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 01:17:15 AM »
The rodents can use a tiny little rocketship in their cage and go to space, it seems. How silly is that? ::) Anyway, since dressing up pets like dolls is not something we have a culture of doing where I live, I probably won't have any use for all the pet clothes. I'm interested in the rodents although the devs got it wrong that guinea pigs bite - they don't. But rats and hamsters can. "Pet" peeves, huh. I'll shush and look forward to March 13 :)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 06:44:29 AM »
Hard to believe this has been announced out of the blue and going to be available as early as next week, considering the week before was Jungle release week, this will push Jungle aside already to be considered an old pack, I got everything so far, but it isn't easy keeping up...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 04:21:14 PM »
I'm with you on the whole dressing pets up thing. Just not a done thing here...so yeah.  :-\

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 04:42:59 PM »
There is going to be a new death? OK until now I was going to buy it for completion sake but now I am actually interested. I new kind a ghost to haunt my home graveyard. That is worth something. That and the chance to possible ghost rodents. I wonder if the would be that nice. I would love that. My hunted house needs ghost rodents to go with the ghost cats, dogs, humans, vampires, and aliens.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Twitch live stream info
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 05:09:57 PM »
Yes, new death details here on the Official Forums: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16366150/#Comment_16366150  SimGuruGraham has been posting details here.

Also this Friday, 11am Pacific,  "a Twitch live stream for My First Pet Stuff. :I know you'll want to join us 😉 Lots of fun gameplay to reveal as we explore the secret lives these rodents get up to in their spare time, and show off Rabid Rodent Fever!"

Official Twitch Channel here: https://www.twitch.tv/thesims  and I'll have the direct link to the replay after the event.

Replay link in case you missed the Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/236933678##

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 11:20:18 PM »
I wonder how Rabid Rodent Fever will work with rotational gameplay...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 12:49:17 AM »
I wonder how Rabid Rodent Fever will work with rotational gameplay...
NPC's and played but not active sims/households can catch this but will not die, they will simply cure themselves after some time.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 04:16:51 AM »
Ohhhh, this sounds interesting.. I'm curious to try it out and see how evil this death is.. I'm easily pleased with deaths... the worse they are for sims, the happier I am (such an evil creator). The rest of it sounds fun, but the death as usual has captured my attention.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Live Stream Replay Link
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 03:23:29 PM »
Replay link in case you missed the Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/236933678##

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 03:32:52 PM »
Yesterday I had a post pulled and it made it so my comment made no sense so I pulled them. My gibberish is hard enough to understand without missing context. Anyway in the live stream they confirmed that a Giant vampiric rabid hamster ghost is indeed possible. I am so stoked. So my dream of having an evil vampiric half-alien giant rabid hamster ghost running around town feeding on oddly dressed sims at night will happen! (insert squeaky evil cackle here.)