Author Topic: How do you deal with paparazzi  (Read 76477 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
How do you deal with paparazzi
« on: December 19, 2010, 06:21:22 AM »
Just interested to see how everyone deals with the paparazzi forever hanging around.

I for the most part ignore them,I completely forget they are there half the time. On Esk and Jerods wedding night a pap followed them to their room to take pictures. I never even noticed her until they asked her to leave the room.
If my game ever gets a little boring I send Hebe out to talk to them she has reached best friend status with all the paps we have had so far.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Leto85

Re: How do you deal with paparazzi
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 07:20:26 AM »
Talk to them and eventually they don't find you interesting anymore, for that day. They will leave to arive as much enthousiast as they always are the next day.
I am friendly to them anyway. But that's just me, not wanting to use some negative conversations.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 10:42:01 AM »
Kill them all!
Just kidding.. I just ignore them because there's nothing else I can do.
Or you could put a gate around your house and put an electronic gate with a call box at the front. So, at least they can't get near you in your house?

Leto85

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 02:00:16 PM »
Or you could put a gate around your house and put an electronic gate with a call box at the front. So, at least they can't get near you in your house?

That is correct. They will simply staying there, finding a way to get in that isn't available and wasting their time, not mine. :)
Ow, how much I love that gate.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 02:32:16 PM »
That is correct. They will simply staying there, finding a way to get in that isn't available and wasting their time, not mine. :)
Ow, how much I love that gate.
Me too! It's like they just wait there hoping to catch a glimpse of their glamorous life. I've got to wait awhile and get enough money to build the fortress in my legacy before the paparazzi's can harass my sims again.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 03:29:27 PM »
What does a callbox do?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 04:41:08 PM »
What does a callbox do?

It doesn't let anyone in unless you say it's okay. It came with the Late Night Expansion pack. For example, the apartment complexes in Bridgeport (new LN town) in order to be able to go visit someone's apartment you have to click on the call box and then the person lets you come up the elevator.
But what I was talking to Leto85 about was the new gates LN brought in for the Celebrities. You have the choice to keep it locked and anyone who tries to get in has to be "allowed" to come in via the call box you place in front of the gate.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 05:26:28 PM »
But what I was talking to Leto85 about was the new gates LN brought in for the Celebrities. You have the choice to keep it locked and anyone who tries to get in has to be "allowed" to come in via the call box you place in front of the gate.

Which is pretty convenient, because in a huge mansion, or even a whole fortress of what you are planning you can simply not hear the doorbell ringing when you are on the other side of your kingdom. A fivestar fence gives you a note when someone is willing to come in. Unless they are paparazzi, those appearance will not even mentionend. :P
BTW, are you Dutch kattiq? Your name sounds Dutch, or at least German.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 06:03:03 PM »
Which is pretty convenient, because in a huge mansion, or even a whole fortress of what you are planning you can simply not hear the doorbell ringing when you are on the other side of your kingdom. A fivestar fence gives you a note when someone is willing to come in. Unless they are paparazzi, those appearance will not even mentionend. :P
BTW, are you Dutch kattiq? Your name sounds Dutch, or at least German.
Yes it is quite convenient! I have yet to build a gate like that. I just played a celebrity at one time and it was awesome!
I'm not Dutch as far as I know. I do have a ting of German in me though. Haha :P

Ripster3859

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 12:01:18 AM »
Will paparazzi ask to be "buzzed in" if you place a callbox in front of tha gate?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 01:00:31 AM »
I ignore the paparazzi for the most part.  They are a little annoying, but I just tune them out.  I've tried using mean interactions to get rid of them, but they just come right back.  I've never had one come into the house, though, unless it's a party or something.  Definitely never had one come into the bedroom! 

I haven't thought about the fence, but that's a good idea.  I might have to try it out.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 01:20:42 AM »
Will paparazzi ask to be "buzzed in" if you place a callbox in front of tha gate?

Nope I don't think so. Or at least I've never had it happen. The only time someone has ever "buzzed in" is if I had invited them over. Usually for parties I just opened the gates before the guests arrived.

Ripster3859

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 11:42:47 AM »
What do you have to do to get "publicly disgraced" with the paparazzzi? Does it lower your celebrity progress bar?

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »
What do you have to do to get "publicly disgraced" with the paparazzzi? Does it lower your celebrity progress bar?

I don't think so. It just gives you a bad moodlet for awhile. But you can go deny the claim against you by going to City Hall. Sometimes you lose the case though and you're still stuck with the moodlet. :(

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »

If you look to the right of this picture you can see the paparazzi's arm. Talk about an invasion of personal space.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.