Author Topic: Top 3 Most Annoying Objects NPC use  (Read 4645 times)

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
Top 3 Most Annoying Objects NPC use
« on: February 23, 2018, 11:36:50 PM »
Whats your most annoying objects you can't stand your NPC use.

I have 3 that annoy me.

1. Computer - I'm hosting a Weenie Roast Party (Campfire), I don't like my guest going upstairs to play the computer.

2. Blicblock Machine - That makes a hell of racket, the tune burns my ears, and takes time to get them off it.

3. Karaoke Machine - Same songs played over and over again.

I know you can lock doors to stop it, but I forget which doors I have locked.

Offline Franki

• Occult
Re: Top 3 Most Annoying Objects NPC use
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 11:40:32 PM »
I can't currently think of 3 objects that NPC's use that could be annoying, but for any party, I pause my game, and lock the doors to household only, that way I can set and forget later on.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 12:17:09 AM »
1. PC for sure - *sim walks in bypasses my sim and heads straight for study*
2. Browsing books - just stop already...you've "browsed" 5 so far and read none.

Can't think of a 3rd for NPC's but I've got a list as long as my arm about my own sims! But the PC is weighted way too much for meeting sims fun need... it over rides everything else really so I keep mine in a locked study and always cancel my own sims any time they go to auto-use it.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 05:12:24 AM »
The holographic game machine, is the only item I've considered removing from a house, after buying it. I don't often add it, to new Sim's houses. Guests will often use that thing, until they become exhausted. It often disturbs the sleep cycle. In other words, the game won't go into fast forward, until morning, because the Sim will remain, until exhaustion causes them to teleport home. On the other hand, if I'm not in the mood to interact, it often becomes a magnet, to lure the guests away. There's no interaction with any Sim, once they enter the booth. At least, there are a few things, that might pry a guest from a computer.

To entertain Sims, I much prefer the arcade console. At least, it's something up to four Sims can do together. Aside from that, the card table & to a far less extent, the chess table, there's very few things available to do, for a large amount of friends. I wish there were more group activities.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 05:56:36 AM »
1. Karaoke Machine
2. Gaming Mat
3. Computer
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 04:29:19 PM »
I forgot about the Karaoke machine. I never had one in a house. Yup, they're painful enough, at the K-Bar.  :)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 07:22:27 AM »
Actually, one of the most annoying things an NPC can do is stand around and practice singing when they have no skill. But it doesn't require an object, so it's not on my list :-\
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 05:56:30 PM »
Or singing in a restaurant. I hate that soooo much!

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 09:34:12 PM »
Last year, I had a weird bug. My Sim sang outside the house, and the audio kept singing. Whenever I made him sing, he would sing over the other singing. Occasionally, it would happen again, and a good round would start. It would have been interesting, if they had a Sim version of  "Row Your Boat".

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 03:52:55 AM »
Actually, one of the most annoying things an NPC can do is stand around and practice singing when they have no skill. But it doesn't require an object, so it's not on my list :-\

That's what i meant I like the karaoke bar, but I only wish it was only me that can get up and use it, other than that, I just like to it to function like a nice quiet bar, but its constantly used, especially sims without any singing skill too.

And Gaming Mat from the Geek festival drives me crazy, you can turn off the music by turning off objects audio but you lose every other audio.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 02:54:41 AM »
Ok. That lump of clay is kinda annoying. I picked it up, at a flea market, but my Sim often gets completely obsessed over it. He'll go to the bathroom, then decide that's it's time to fiddle with it, before leaving. He'll go to a restaurant, and instead of looking at the menu, or talking to his guest, he'll stand up & play with the clay. It I send him to cook a meal, he might just pull out the clay, instead of eating the meal he just prepared. I guess, it wouldn't bother me as much, if it was a short interaction, but it often makes for an anti-social Sim & it requires intervention, if you want your Sim to talk to others. It's not quite as irresistible as the gaming machine, but it can come close.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 11:08:13 PM »
@CuriousSim  it's a drug.  :P In all reality the broadcaster for that item needs tuning badly. My sims can find it hidden three stories away from where they are if I buy a new one and place it in-game.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 02:01:58 PM »
It might be nice, if they had a kiln, so you could turn it into a sculpture - when they actually make something useful out of it. As soon as it becomes an object, another Sim will grab it & make it a lump, again. I had my first encounter with a "Childish" Sim, last week. She decided to play with a triceratops toy that I had picked up, at the flea market. I hadn't even realized it was a toy, as opposed to a standard collectible. Most interesting & amusing.

anything