Author Topic: The Yoshida Legacy - Graveyard please  (Read 27029 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
--snickers-- Oh my.  Poor kids.  I have to admit, I'm a terrible legacy player.  I tend to play Sims for the stories that unfold and while I do micromanage, it's all about that story unfolding XD  You guys playing these legacies put me to shame lol

Offline rika1431

• Townie
@Shewolf13 It's funny that you should say we're putting you to shame, when I am working on trying to shift to add in more story and less grinding, lol. I feel like if I don't do it soon, I might get bored by gen 5. You would think it would be easier for me, considering I'm an author, but for some reason I always end up grinding in the sims.

1.18: Getting to Know the Twins - Part 3
You can read this post on Wordpress here.

Day 5 / Friday

Rei: Guess what, Mari?
Mari: What?
Rei: Rika said we can take a vacation day and hang out! She even said she has a surprise for us.
Mari: Whoa, awesome!

Mari: Mmm, gotta take a selfie real quick.
Mari, you’re not even getting a good shot! You’ve just got the road behind you!
Mari: Have you seen my outfit? Any shot with me in it is a good shot!

Rei: Oh my gosh, can you believe we’re having a spa day?
Mari: This is so cool! No one else has gone to a spa before. We’re getting a lot of firsts!
Rei: It’s that guilty conscience of hers. But I’ll milk it for all it’s worth!

I tried to have them join a yoga class, but they were too slow, which is why they’re not in robes anymore.
Mari: I’m totally fine with getting a foot massage instead of doing yoga!
Rei: Right? This is the life, for sure. We should have spa days once a week!

Mari: Oh god, this is hard, I can’t get my foot in the right spot!
Rei: I think I’ve got this. If only the instructor didn’t move so fast!
Mari: Right? He’s already out of his pose before we can start trying to follow.

Mari: Oh my gosh, Rei, don’t look now, but Kiku’s honey is here!
Rei: What, really? But it’s daylight outside!
Mari: He must be a daywalker!

Instructor: I’m sorry, young man, but this class has already started, so I’m afraid you can’t join.
Caleb: Ah, whatever, I’ll do something else.
Mari: -internally- Don’t make eye contact…

Rei: Screw this, yoga is hard, and now I’m filthy! I need a shower badly.
Mari: But we just got to the lie down part, Rei, this part is easy!
Rei: Did you hear me? I. Am. Filthy.

Mari: Yes, I did it, I finished the class! And I can feel myself getting fitter, too!
Don’t get too fit like your dad, Mari. He’s still not slimmed down from finishing bodybuilder. -sigh- I’m seriously considering going into CAS and editing his muscle tone down.

Rei: Whoa, this hits the lungs!
Mari: Yeah, I know, I coughed up a storm! But it’s kind of fun.
Rei: It’d be nice to have one of these in the house, to just relax with when we’re done skilling for the day.
Mari: When are we ever done skilling for the day? We’re lucky Rika let us take today off.

Rei: But this is cool! A little underground pool to swim in.
Mari: Don’t you ever take your hat off? We’re swimming!
Rei: It’s not like I’m going to dunk my head under water…

Mari: Gotta take another selfie. No one is ever going to believe we were here if there are no pictures!
Rei: -giggle- You are glued to your phone, Mari.

Rei: Ahhh, this is so nice. I heard Rika’s other legacy family has a sauna in their house!
Mari: Do you think our new house will have one?
Rei: Maybe. Probably not. If I know Rika, she’ll add it in just long enough to earn the legacy point for completing that death.
Mari: That was kind of morbid…

Mari: Mmm, you made this? This is pretty good!
Rei: Yeah! Rika was going to send us home ’cause our hunger was low, but I’m not ready yet! I want to stay here forever.
Mari: -sigh- Me, too. But I think it’s time to go.

Nana: So, how was your spa day, girls? I’m jealous, I’ve never been!
Rei: It was amazing! We should all go as a family some time.
Mari: Yeah, it was nice to get some ‘us’ time, but I think everybody would like it, too.
Rei: I felt pretty special getting to go there with just you, Mari.
You two should feel special! I went and downloaded that spa lot just for you.
Mari: Really? Wow!

Day 6 / Saturday

Mari: Just completed a masterpiece, gotta take a selfie!
You know, I don’t think I’ve ever had a sim take as many selfies as you do.
Mari: Well, why not? There’s nothing wrong with liking the way you look! Sue me, I have high self-esteem.

Oooh, whatcha playing there, Hana? 
Hana: Uh, a video game?
Oh watch out, there’s an orc coming up behind you! Blast him, blast him! Switch spells, invoke the rite of fire!
Hana: Rika, you’re distracting me, you’re going to get me killed!
:( Man…

Kiku: I’ve called you out here so we can have a private conversation, Rika.
Oooh, sounds serious. What’s going on?
Kiku: Well, you might have noticed that Hana and I have ‘1 day’ left on our age bars. Which would seem to indicate we’ll age up tomorrow morning, but we all know you get an extra day. So, Sunday night is our last night as teens. Kind of presents a problem for you, doesn’t it? Either you have to start the heir vote with this post and not play until voting is closed, or you can let Hana and I continue aging through our young adulthood while you wait for Mari and Rei to get to the end of their teen years.
You’re right, that is a problem, and I have been thinking about it. But I really don’t know what to do–I guess you and Hana could take potions of youth at the end of your young adult cycle, so that the time isn’t wasted if either of you get heir.
Kiku: I have an alternative solution for you, if you’re interested in hearing it.
I’m all ears.
Kiku: Well. You know that my aspiration requires me being a vampire in order to advance in it, which puts me at a serious disadvantage if you get no votes.
Yes…
Kiku: What if Hana and I both became vampires as soon as we aged up? We would stop aging, which would give you some more time with Mari and Rei.
That’s…well, that’s interesting. It would let you start your aspiration, but you’d both have to grind a bit to get daywalker status, and be confined to the house during the day while you do that.
Kiku: -shrug- I’ll have to do that anyway, for my aspiration.
How does Hana feel about this?
Kiku: She’s on board–you know Hana, she just wants to help as much as she can.
Hm. I’ll think about it.

Rei: So, I heard you’re thinking about becoming a vampire? That’s really crazy!
Hana: I know…It really isn’t my first choice–I don’t particularly like the idea of dying. But I don’t want you and Mari to get pushed out just because you haven’t had any spotlight time.
Rei: That’s really sweet of you, Hana. I appreciate it.

Hey Nana! We haven’t seen a lot of you lately. How have things been?
Nana: Oh, pretty good. We’ve fallen into a bit of a routine, with painting and gardening. I kind of wish I’d had a career, something to work toward, but I understand that it’s too late for me to max one.
Yeah, you’re already an adult, I don’t think you could get to the top of a career right now.
Nana: Ah, well. I’m just happy to be contributing in the way that I am.

Surprise! Mari and Rei lobbied hard for you all to get a family outing, after their spa day! So, here we are at a waterpark!
Nana: Oh my goodness, this is so cool! Thank you, Rika!
My pleasure.

Kiku: I’ve never gone swimming before! This is pretty cool!
Nana: Um, Kiku, what is that all over your body?
Kiku: Huh? These are my tattoos?
Nana: Why have I never noticed them before?! Who gave you permission to get tattoos?
Kiku: Uh…Rika? I guess my everyday clothes cover them up pretty well…

Where are you going, Hana?
Hana: I’ve got some extra credit work I’d like to get done while I have some free time.
But…but this is a mini-vacation.
Hana: Do legacy sims ever really get a vacation?

And this is just a shot to showcase Kiku’s tattoos! I love them and we never get to see all of them!
Kiku: Yeah, they’re pretty rad, aren’t they?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Omg, I love those tattoos!  I have been super careful about not going for CC, mostly because I tend to obsess and would just go crazy, so better to avoid temptation lol but I do love those!  The tattoo selection is one of the few things that I really want more things for.  The spa day was really cool ^^

Ooo, you're an author!?  Awesome.  I'm an aspiring one XD I am in the middle of editing a manuscript.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
I love your poses! The ones introducing the second set of twins as teens and then Kiku looking all tough in this post. Very nice! I enjoyed the peek at the tattoos as well.
It's nice the family is getting out and about these days. The skill grinding is important, but it's also to have fun once in awhile. (If you can convince them to actually relax. Lol at Hana climbing out of the pool to do extra credit!) They seem like a very close, happy family.
Your vampire plan to keep the girls the same age is very clever! I'm interested to see if you go with it or not.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
@Shewolf13 Ah, I know, I love them, too! I'm kind of a CC addict. I have to put limits on how much time I'm allowed to spend on looking for new CC, or I'll never even play I'll get so distracted  ;D  And yeah, I'm an author! I love it so much. Congratulations on finishing your book and getting to the editing stage!

@FrancescaFiori Thanks, I found out about poses and I was like 'OMG NEED TO POSE FOR EVERYTHING NOW'. And yeah, the family definitely needs to have more fun. I'm so far ahead of these posts that it's obviously not going to be implemented anytime soon, but I've decided I need to put a little more focus on story and fun and such going forward. So, gen 3 will be more fun oriented, hopefully!

1.18: Getting to Know the Twins - Part 4

Day 6 / Saturday

Not you too, Mari! Why are you doing homework at the waterpark?
Mari: Well, I overheard Hana talking about it, and I realized I should get ahead, too. Never hurts, right?
-sigh- They did this all on their own. I sent them to swim, and they got out to do homework. I feel bad.

Nana, what are you doing?
Nana: I’m helping Mari with her homework, of course!
Gaaah, why is everyone working instead of having fun?
Nana: Maybe because you haven’t taught us to do anything else?

Rei, please tell me you aren’t running off to do homework.
Rei: Nope! I think I found something cool, though!

Rei: Yep, totally found a digsite! I’m on this!
I’m pretty sure that counts as working…
Rei: But I found a fossilized whatzit! That’s a new fossil for the collection!

Since they wouldn’t enjoy themselves at the waterpark, maybe they will here…
Mari: Oh, this place is beautiful!
Kiku: Doesn’t seem like there’s a lot to do here, though. Rika, did you check this place out before you downloaded it?
Uh, no. I just thought it was pretty.

Hana: Quick, Kiku, take a picture with me! We need to commemorate getting to leave the house!
Kiku: You are so right, who knows when we’ll get to do this again!

Mari: Check out this video I found on simtube!
Rei: Hahaha, oh gosh, that’s hilarious! What is that dog doing?

Katsuo: Nana, darling…
Nana: Oh gosh, oh gosh, oh gosh, what are you doing? Is this what I think it is?!

Katsuo: I’ve wanted to ask you this for a long time, but it never seemed like the right place or time. Now that we’re here, will you marry me?

Nana: Yes, of course, I’ll marry you, you silly man! I’ve already agreed to spend my life with you! Oh, this is beautiful!
Katsuo: -internally- Oh thank goodness. I don’t know why, but I was really nervous!

Aaand, the wonderful atmosphere is ruined by some random dying. Luckily, it was far enough away that none of the Yoshida’s noticed, so no sad moodlet! This happened at the spa too–why are randoms always dying on community lots?

Rei: Whoa, petals, in my face!
Hana: Ooo, our day isn’t over? We’re at the romance festival!
Mari: Sweet!

Nana: Katsuo, my love, I don’t want to wait another moment without being your wife. Can we elope right now?
Katsuo: Yes! Let’s do it, let’s get married!

Awww, first kiss as a married couple! Took them long enough. Well, took me long enough.

Kiku: So, um, can you tell me my romantic destiny, love guru?
Love Guru: Vibrations show a tall, dark stranger in your future.
Kiku: Caleb?! Is it Caleb? Oh my gosh, please let it be Caleb!

Mari: I’m checking out some of the festival cuisine while we’re here! We only ever get to eat ramen whenever we want to enjoy our culture, so it’d be nice to have something new for once.

Rei: And guess what I’m doing? That’s right, I don’t get enough painting at home, have to do one at the romance festival.
Hey, you’re the one who spawned the whim to paint at the romance festival, don’t blame this on me!

Mari: And you’ll never believe how many followers I have on simblr! I just love that website!
Kelly: I love it, too! It’s such a fun website to browse!

Mari: Look at us, our clothes are practically matching!
Ember: Right? We’ve both got such good style sense. I love that top on you!
Mari: -blush- I love your top, too!
You’re doing a great job introducing yourself for your aspiration, Mari!
Mari: -internally- Uh, Rika…I like Ember, I’m not just introducing myself for my aspiration. She’s so pretty and sweet.
Oh! Well, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize.

Mari: Unfortunately, Ember had to leave, so I do go back to introducing myself for my aspiration. Nine sims done, one more to go!

Did you paint sims getting abducted, Rei?
Rei: Yup. Sure did.
That’s not very romantic…that’s kind of dark.
Rei: I never said I wanted to paint a romantic painting.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Bwahahahahaha!  They've been brainwashed! lol  I love it.  Even when having fun, they do work XD

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
omg I can so relate! I always end up skill-grinding and time out always seems to include auto-completing homework and aspiration goals! Nana and Katsuo are just so gorgeous. Adore that they finally got around to marrying.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
Whew, finally the last part to chapter 1.18! So. Many. Pictures. Gah, I swear, as soon as I'm caught up, I'm going to switch back to a max of 25 images per chapter, just to stop having to split up my chapters into multiple parts on the forum.

@Shewolf13 They do! >_< It makes me feel so guilty!

@Playalot Aw, I'm glad you like Nana and Katsuo! To date, they are my favorite sim couple :)

1.18: Getting to Know the Twins - Part 5

Day 7 / Sunday

Kiku: Does this really count as Sunday? It’s like nine at night!
Well, yeah, there wasn’t really much of note today. But it’s your birthday now! You and Hana were going to age up naturally in a few hours, so I figured we should go ahead and do it now to avoid the sad moodlet.
Kiku: Well, isn’t that nice of you.

Kiku: Woot, woot, I’m a young adult! I am now an insider, evil, music lover. At least I didn’t get another negative trait!

Hana: My turn, now! -deep breath- Let’s see how this goes!
Aaand, I forgot to take an after shot for you, whoops.
Hana: Thanks. Well, I am now neat, outgoing, and ambitious. I did pretty good!
You sure did! Those are all really great traits! You are an actual combination of your parents–you got outgoing and ambitious from your dad, and neat from your mom. That’s pretty cool.

Kiku: And now that I’m a young adult, I’ve got a call to make…
-gulp-

Kiku: -internally- It’s happening, it’s finally happening. Caleb is giving me the dark embrace. I never thought that this would feel so good, so right.

Caleb: Drink from me, darling. I give you the gift of my blood.
Kiku: -swoons-

Hana, however, is not friends with Caleb, so she can’t ask him to turn her yet. Which means more star gazing!
Caleb: I thought I was hanging out with Kiku tonight…

Hana: So? Will you turn me?
Caleb: No, no, I will not. I turned Kiku because my affection for her has grown as I’ve watched her grow. You…We may be good friends, but I don’t know you.
Hana: Oh…

And that’s the end of the week! So, I did decide to turn Hana and Kiku into vampires, to buy more time. Pity that Hana couldn’t get Caleb to turn her. It’s so weird! Kiku was actually only friends with Caleb, but Hana and Caleb got to good friends, and then even further in their friendship bar, and he still wouldn’t turn her! I’ll try again tomorrow. And, hopefully, next week the Yoshida’s will have a new house!

This final part to the week ended up a lot shorter than the others, heh. That’s because Saturday had so much going on that it had to be split up across multiple parts, but Sunday was actually a pretty low key day, so it really didn’t get a lot.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Hooray! Kiku finally gets her moment with Caleb! I wonder if he used up all of his Vampire Energy turning her and that's why he couldn't turn Hana. The romantic in me chooses to believe it's because Kiku is extra special to him and he wanted to keep the night all about her. They really do make an exceptionally good couple!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Woo! Kiku's a vampire! That's awesome. Weird that he wouldn't turn Hana, though

Offline rika1431

• Townie
@FrancescaFiori I so love Kiku and Caleb -heart eyes- They've been destined for one another from day one. I don't think he used up all his vampire energy--usually when vampires outside of the played household are low on energy, they get a thought bubble that shows the low vampire energy symbol, and he didn't do that. At the time, I got a little frustrated--I needed to turn both of them!--but afterwards I was actually kind of happy about it, because of the story it provided. Caleb just couldn't bring himself to tarnish the meaning of what had happened between him and Kiku until Kiku talked him into it!

@Shewolf13 Yes, hehe, vampires! I do so love them, but they make point earning really easy, so they won't be staying this way permanently.

1.19: Who will be the gen 2 heir? - Part 1

I feel really bad, because this post is entirely just a ‘look at this house I built’ post, and there’s basically no story in it. The guilt is compounded by the fact that I tore it all down and built a new house not long after.

Day 1 / Monday

Kiku: Oh lord, this does not feel good. My everything is hurting so much!
Well, I believe you are effectively dying right now, Kiku. I’m sorry. 
Kiku: It’s all right. It had to happen, and I’m just glad it was Caleb who turned me.

Hana: Since it was technically after midnight when I asked Caleb to turn me, we’re waiting until after midnight tonight to try again. Rika’s got this theory that ‘ask to turn’ is kind of like ‘propose’–you can’t propose the same day you become girlfriend/boyfriend, so maybe you can’t ‘ask to turn’ the same day you become friends. I’m taking advantage of this time to try and get as much of my aspiration done as possible! I won’t be able to do much after I become a vampire.
Good idea, Hana. I don’t want you to fall behind in your aspiration, especially because angling ace is one of the few I’ve never completed…Ah, and that’s about it for day 1 pictures–not a lot happened on Monday, exceeeeeeept the Yoshida’s finally earned enough money to buy the new house I built them! So how about a tour? I’m pretty proud of it, since I built it all by myself.

Here is the front of the house. It has a flat roof because I couldn’t get any other style to actually look good on it. And sorry for the plumbob in the picture, I forgot to turn that off :P

This is the living room. 

And here is part 1 of the Focused room. Lots of computers for practicing programming!

Part 2 of the Focused room includes chemistry sets for future children.

And part three has woodworking tables, and three chessboards! I couldn’t get all three chessboards to fit in the picture though.

This is the master bedroom. Pretty simple, but I’ve never been one for superfluous stuff.

Here is part 1 of the nursery. To the left there are actually three cribs, just to be safe, and there are three toddler beds. I’m hoping to never have four toddlers at the same time again, lol. And aren’t these toddler beds just adorable?!

Here’s part 2 of the nursery, complete with a couch for them to sit on while eating/being read to, a bookcase to store toddler books on, and a bakery shelf to store food for the toddlers. I just love that toddlers can grab food off the bakers shelf–no highchairs needed! Shout out to @oshizu for sharing that tip.

Second bedroom. The only other bedroom in the house with a double bed. I figured I’d have two double bed bedrooms–one for the parents, and one for the heir when they get a spouse.

This is the energized/fitness room. I don’t currently have any energized decor to put in here, but that’s next on my list for careers to complete.

And this is the third and final bedroom. It’s very plain, and has five single beds in it. You can’t see the other two–do you see that wall at the bottom of the picture? It’s blocking the view of the other two beds. I didn’t really realize when I was building this house that I neglected to build enough bedrooms, and this bedroom originally had a double bed as well, and then I panicked and crammed five beds into it. So now this house sleeps a total of nine sims, plus three toddlers, which should be more than enough. My max household size is set to 16,[EDIT: NO IT IS NOT ANYMORE GOOD LORD WHAT WAS I THINKING] but…I once played a household with 15 sims(two parents, four adult children, five toddlers, and four babies) and I swore to myself never again. I’m going to try to stick to the normal max household size of 8 sims, but I keep forgetting to go in and change my max household size again–it requires a game restart to do that, and I’m lazy.

This is the dining room. Two tables, seating a total of 8 sims. I already got the point for having six sims sit down at a table to eat at the same time, so I don’t need one big table anymore, and I think these tables are really nice!

This is part 1 of the kitchen, just the bar. (Don’t you love that floor?!)

Part 2 of the kitchen. The counters in the lower right hand corner are actually an island, with barstools. And yeah, I forgot to put in a sink, whoops.

Final shot of the kitchen, complete with chef station for cooking experimental food!

Here’s the backyard. I originally built this house on a 50×50 lot, so it actually ended right where the deck ends, which is why there are no stairs going down from the deck to the backyard, but this lot is 64×64, so I’m going to have to change that. I’m thinking of adding a sauna and graveyard to the back. I also need to figure out where my legacy trophy room is going to be–I usually have a room for the founder/spouse and heir/spouse urns, with their portraits above each of their urns, and then a large graveyard for all other tombstones. But I’m thinking about maybe not keeping urns/tombstones this time, and just having a portrait room. What do you think?

And here’s my sunken garden! I’m so in love with this style of garden, and it’s easier/faster for my sims to get to then having it outside. And I’m very pleased that I was able to put my plants in my family inventory, so I didn’t have to harvest them and grow the plants all over again. The UFO plants are still growing…

This is the inspired room. Whereas the fitness room has no energizing decor, and the focused room has a single focused painting, the inspired room is decked out in inspired decor, thanks to Katsuo going through the painter career! And as you can see, I have six of those top quality easels. I actually have two more in my family inventory, but as I have a family of six right now, I didn’t see a point in putting all eight down. I also have creativity tables for future children to draw on.

And here’s the other side of the inspired room. I have an adult violin, guitar, and piano, and two child sized violins, plus three computers for people to write on. And this is the end of the tour! There’s actually one more room, a wellness room, which has a massage table, yoga mat, and meditation platform, but I forgot to take a picture of it, heh. Now, back to the family!

Now, doesn’t that feel like time well spent, knowing that the whole house got demolished? :P I’m such a bad builder, though, that I do still feel proud when I accomplish even the tiniest things, so I wanted to share it.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Thanks for sharing the build even if you changed it all. I enjoying seeing what other people are doing with their legacy/dynasty houses. Caleb turning Kiku was just so right.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
I found this really interesting, too! I’m also excited to see what you replaced it with. Your build definitely looks functional, and that’s vital for a legacy house. Your Sims have everything they need to skill up like crazy in comfort and style!
I love those kitchen floor tiles. I’m always looking for excuses to use them.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Ooo, loving the house ^^  It's really nice.  I can't even imagine going beyond the max 8 sims XD --shudders-- lol  Loving the build and can't wait to see what came after.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
I'm glad you all liked the build of the house^-^ I'm working on honing my building skills, hehe.

1.19: Who will be the gen 2 heir? - Part 2

Day 2 / Tuesday

Hana: So hey, I know you turned me down yesterday, but I was hoping you might have changed your mind about turning me into a vampire.
Caleb: I hadn’t, but then Kiku called me and…well she requested it as a personal favor to her. I couldn’t turn Kiku away for anything.
Hana: I’ll take it!

Hana: -internally- Oh, this hurts, this hurts a lot. Kiku said this felt good, why does it hurt?

Hana: Noooo, this hurts so much!
Rei: Aw, Hana, I’m so sorry you’re going through this.
Hana: This is awful. I’m dying.

Rei: This is awesome, we finally have more than one computer, so more than one of us can play games at a time!
Katsuo: Right? No more taking turns!

Mari: So, I’m over here learning the handiness skill. Someone needs to be able to fully upgrade the stove and fridge, plus it would be cool to learn how to make the camping statues from Granite Falls.
It would, if I hadn’t forgotten to have you do this for the entire rest of the week…whoops!

Kiku: It happened! Rika, you missed my transformation! I am officially a vampire.
Ack, my bad. I paused the game and walked away from the computer, and when I came back it had unpaused! Congratulations on completing your transformation and starting your aspiration!

And Kiku gets straight on the computer to start researching vampires. Confession time: I’m pretty good at leveling up vampires, so hopefully it won’t take long to get Kiku up to master vampire status so she can get sunlight resistance.

Kiku: So, hey, mom…I kind of need to feed on someone…
Nana: Oh…you can’t drink plasma packs?
Kiku: Well, I could, but I don’t earn vampire power for them, but I do for drinking from others. I’m sorry.
Nana: It’s all right, darling. You’re my child, I will always provide for you.

Kiku, what the heck kind of atrocious dark form is that?! Your hair is BRIGHT PRINK.
Kiku: Uh, my default one? I didn’t get to pick it.
Grrr. And Rei and Mari are at school, so we can’t go and change it right now.

Lol, so I saw this random person walking through my house, and I was like, what the heck?! And then I realized they were the gardener, and of course they have to walk through the house, because the garden is inside the house.

And Kiku becomes a minor vampire! Good job, Kiku!
Kiku: And with that, I purchase the vampire creation power, completing the second tier of my aspiration.
Nice! That was fast.

Yay, look who’s home! Now we can redo Kiku’s dark form. Mari, why do you look so upset?
Mari: Ugh, my hot-headed trait is flaring up, and I’m so angry all of a sudden!
Yikes…

Ahhhhmagawd, look at Kiku’s dark form. I freaking LOVE it. I’ve never fully customized a dark form before–I’ve only ever done the clothes, but I found out you can customize the ‘features’ they have; their eyes, skin, the little details like the darkness around their eyes. So, Kiku is my first vampire to get a total dark form makeover.
Kiku: I look pretty killer, don’t I? This is awesome!
I swear, Kiku, it’s like you were born to be a vampire. You look perfection.

And Kiku becomes a prime vampire! The first two levels of vampire are really fast to level, but getting from prime to master will be a bit more difficult.
Katsuo: Ah, that…that hurts, ease up!
Kiku: Sorry, dad…

Who’s this?
Kiku: This is Madeline, and she is going to be the first of my offspring. For this milestone, I have to turn five sims into vampires, and then train three of them.

Kiku: Finally! Becoming friends took long enough, now I can offer to turn her.

Kiku: -internally- Gah, she does not taste very good…
Madeline: Ow!

Kiku: Hey, Daeshan? Want to come over and hang out?

And this is when I realize that you do not need to become friends and ‘offer to turn’–you can just ‘turn into vampire’. It’s not a friendly interaction, and you lose some friendship points, but that’s repairable later and saves some time right now.

Kiku: Well, hello there, Grady! Fancy meeting you here.
Grady: Yeah, I was just out for a midnight stroll. This is a nice neighborhood, isn’t it?
Kiku: Nice? We’ll see about that.

Kiku: I would prefer to turn people I actually like and want to give eternal life to, but now I’m just snatching random passersby and turning them, since it’s so late in the night that no one will take my calls.

And we will end this day with a shot of poor Rei collapsed onto the floor after Kiku takes a drink from her. Sorry, Rei.

anything