Author Topic: The Yoshida Legacy - Graveyard please  (Read 27035 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Yoshida Legacy - Chapter 1.14: Don't Forget the Dates! [3/16]
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2018, 12:51:00 AM »
For me, the only bother with the Evil trait is that they're not very compatible with Good sims. Or am I wrong about that?
I made a vampire with the Mean trait earlier this year and he had such a blast going around being an absolute jerk, biting everyone. Lol.

Friend to the Animals: Isn't it possible to travel to the pet cemetery on Deadgrass Isle (Brindleton Bay) and adopt two stray ghost pets from there?
                                 That's what I'd probably try first. I never got to finish this aspiration in my Townie Dynasty because the next heir took over.
Did you read Pinstar's rule addition that we're free to use cas.fulleditmode to modify our sims' appearance. No more bulked-out Bodybuilder sims or pear-shaped sims for me!

Glad to hear that we get to vote on the Gen3 heir. Not much to say here since I read this post already last month. :)
Oh, except that the popularity points give Katsuo and Nana a nice chance to get back in the spotlight and get away from their usual skilling.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2018, 03:40:55 PM »
@Playalot I may or may not like Kiku the best, too  ;D  I'm not allowed to have favorites, so of course I'd never tell if that were the case! With her Evil trait, though, I actually went kind of the opposite way. Instead of playing it up to it's full advantage, it kind of plays out similarly to how Nana and Mari 'work' to keep their hot-headed trait under control. Kiku knows she's Evil, but she doesn't want to be, and she works hard to not let it control her.

As far as being so behind on posts...believe me, I've thought about going whole ham just to get caught up, but I'm afraid if I post too many updates in a row, then I'll overwhelm some of the people reading and they'll feel like they can't get caught up on all that I've posted, and then they'll abandon me?

Maybe if I do one post a day for 6 days of the week, and then 1 day of the week do three-five posts? If I currently have 35 posts to do, and I set aside Sunday's as '4 post days' and do 1 post a day for the rest of the week, I'd be all caught up on the 8th! That's not bad at all!

OH HEY LET'S DO ALL CAPS, TO GET EVERYONE'S ATTENTION.

Could everyone let me know how they feel about that idea? Monday-Saturday = 1 post per day, Sunday = 4 posts.
I'd really, really, really love to be able to play my game again  ;D  I'm loving the rival dynasty 'test' I've been playing while I wait, but I really miss the Yoshida's.

Either way, I think I'm probably going to stop doing 1 week per post on my blog, and start following the 25 image limit even on my blog, so that it's easier to copy posts over.

--

@Shewolf13 Hehehe, I also deal very harshly with sims that have displeased me, as you'll note from Bella's rapid demise. Although, I am thinking about letting her play a positive role in some other story/dynasty, since she did pay her dues, and maybe she deserves to be painted in a more pleasing light. Btw, if you haven't, please look at my response to Playalot and let me know how you feel about me doing a more rapid 'catch up post system.' Oh, almost forgot, re: using MCCC. I used to use that mod. I literally only had it installed so that people outside of the active family would get married/get pregnant, because I wanted my family  tree's to grow, and I also once used it to increase the fertility rate and the max amount of sims in a household. But then I had quadruplets twice and my household was like 12 sims, and I was sobbing trying to keep up with everything, and my family tree was so big I could barely read it because everyone was having a minimum of two sets of triplets, and I couldn't find spouses for my heirs because everyone was married because the mod was running marriage checks on all non-active sims, so I just uninstalled the mod because I wasn't actually enjoying anything it was doing. Plus, I want to be able to play in challenges and such without having to create a new save folder, lol.

@oshizu No, they're not compatible with good sims at all. Good sims get a negative moodlet if they're at all in the vicinity of an evil sim. But evil sims get a really positive moodlet whenever they're around sad/uncomfortable sims, which is kind of funny ;D I had no idea there was a pet cemetery at all! I'm going to have to check that out when I do friend of the animals. If I could adopt a ghost dog and a regular cat...(cat's with the prowler trait make the feather collection such a walk in the park, and I'd need at least one alive so I could max the vet skill), then I could breeze through the aspiration, probably!

AND NO, I HAD NO IDEA WE HAVE PERMISSION TO MODIFY APPEARANCES. OMG. No more weird noses and body shapes, and I can have slender sims again! I've been having everyone complete bodybuilder, cause long-lived, but mourning their bulked out bodies.

Btw, let me know what you think of the potential new update schedule :)

--

Also tagging @FrancescaFiori because you've been reading so I'd like your opinion too, when you have a moment^-^ If anyone is silently reading and wants to chime in as to whether or not they'd like the new schedule, that'd be great!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2018, 03:48:08 PM »
Here's Pinstar's full quote, fyi.
Q: Can I change the hair/eye/skin color and/or clothing of my sims?

A: Yes! You can change anything (except traits and aspirations) in CAS. You are allowed to use custom content of any kind, you are allowed to use the cheat to enter full CAS mode. This applies to anyone in the Legacy Challenge household, including your founder, spouses, heirs and spares.

And here's the link to the webpage, so you know I'm not making it up as an excuse to slim down my sims after they complete Bodybuilder, hehe.
https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/the-sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules/faq/

I already commented on your update schedule in another thread, I believe. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2018, 04:35:19 PM »
I'll reiterate, I'm good with even 2-3 posts per day until you are caught up. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned with this story.  :) But you're schedule sounds fine.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2018, 06:18:12 PM »
I say go for more posts a day!  Even if I fall behind on reading a bit, I'm perfectly fine with that (but in all honesty, I may just devour it all when I get a chance to anyway, so falling behind isn't a big thing for me).  So i say go for whatever schedule you feel comfortable with.  I know keeping caught up to in game is something I struggle with on a regular basis.  Between that and bugs, it's why I've never managed to finish a story/challenge :/

I'm about to embark on a Royal Kingdom Challenge.  I've gone a bit overboard with it.  I'll be playing my Kingdom in Newcrest, but I did populate the world with other families.  So I need a way to control marriages and pregnancies without going into Manage Households all the time since that would take even more time.  So I am going to be using MCCC.  I'll be manually dealing with marriages (since there are restrictions on who can marry who, etc) but then I can let the mod take over for pregnancies and there are ways to keep the percentages low hehe.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2018, 06:21:51 PM »
I'm usually a mostly silent reader, just chiming in to say that I'm also good with either 2/3 posts per day or the schedule you suggested.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2018, 02:50:20 PM »
Oh, I totally sympathize with wanting to get caught up and start playing again! Your schedule sounds great, and I'm totally on board. I'm also anxious to get caught up as a reader so I can join in voting on heirs!

I really feel for Kiku, but I have to agree that she looks fabulous. That hair! And Hana's so perfect and zen. Peacefully trying to think of a way to help her sister. While levitating. Classic oldest child. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2018, 05:38:34 PM »
@Playalot I mean, if a mod tells me to do 2-3 posts per day... -whistles innocently- Hehe, we'll see how this schedule goes, and then I might change my mind in a week and just want to do 2-3 posts per day for faster catch up. If I was doing 3 posts per day, starting today, I'd be done next week...oh, that is tempting.

@oshizu So does that mean I can take unattractive spouse candidates with three unique traits and make them attractive? Teehee.

@Shewolf13 MCCC is a great way to let the mod spawn pregnancies! I think if I'd been willing to tinker with the percentages more, I would have kept it around. But, between forgetting that I turned up the percentage for alien abductions, combined with having an enlarged household, and then having an alien abduction result in quadruplets and then an unexpected pregnancy(because whoops I turned on risky woohoo) have triplets, it was just a knee jerk reaction to go "NO MORE" and panic uninstall it. I guess the lesson there is don't go overboard and tweak too much at once :P

@HelenP thank you for chiming in! I really appreciate it <3

@FrancescaFiori Wheee, I'm glad other people enjoy Kiku's aesthetic. My tastes trend towards punk or goth a lot of the time, and I always worry people will think it's all ridiculous.

Four posts coming up in a moment here, cause majority rules, zomg.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2018, 06:21:35 PM »

1.15: Careers and Collectibles!
You can read this post on Wordpress here.

Oh god, Katsuo is getting so buff. I don’t even know what to do about this.
Katsuo: You’re doing great, Hana!
Hana: Are you sure? This painting doesn’t look very good…
Katsuo: But you’ve already gone up five skill points in just one painting session! You’ll max this in no time!
Hana: Well, that is good. Another maxed skill will help things, and having another painter in the family means earning more money per week.
Katsuo: Which brings us one step closer to getting out of this house and into a nicer one!

Kiku: It’s usually mom who’s out in the garden, but I’ve started gardening lately. I like being alone out here–there’s no one constantly trying to cheer me up, and no one for me to spawn autonomous mean interactions with.
Kiku…
Kiku: No, don’t say it, Rika. I’m tired of being told it’ll all work out when we all know it won’t.

Hana: Hey, Kiku! I thought I’d come out and join you!
Kiku: Oh! That was nice of you.
Hana: I don’t want you thinking you’re stuck on your own now. I’ll always be here for you Kiku, no matter what happens.
Kiku: -internally- I wish Hana would stop trying so hard. We’re going to be separated eventually, and it’s only going to make things harder if we don’t start drifting now…

Mari: Kiku, you aren’t paying attention! It’s your turn!
Kiku: Sorry, Mari, I just need to make a quick call so I can sign up for a teen job. We’ve got to get those maxed, too. At least I can still be helpful.
-sigh- Poor Kiku. But Kiku joins the babysitter career–which she’s already maxed charisma for!

Hana: If Kiku’s taking a job, then I need one, too! I’ll join the retail career–it’s another charisma based job, so it should be easy to max.

Hana: Before the night is over, though, it’s my turn to jet off into space! Rika thinks I might have a better chance of finding a UFO, since I have a nature aspiration and am more likely to find rare collectibles.
Fingers crossed!

Nana: But! All my hard work pays off, and it’s me who finds the UFO plant!
Yes, yes, yes! You did it! AT LAST! Our garden will be complete!
Nana: You still haven’t looked up the growth periods, though…
I know, but I’m catching up on these blog posts right now. I won’t have looked that up for three more chapters! Now, go plant that UFO!

Nana: No time to waste! I get the UFO in the ground straight away. Too bad it takes FOREVER to grow, but soon we’ll have sixteen UFO plants to harvest!

Katsuo: While we wait for the UFO plant to grow, we’re hard at work getting the other plants evolved. A perfect garden will help things tremendously–if only Rika would find out when to harvest them accordingly!
Sheesh, stop harping on that. It’ll get done!

Hana: Thanks for the massage, dad! It’s my first day of work, and I need to go in the right mood to get my level 3 promotion! Thanks to my A grade, I started at level 2, so we should have this maxed in no time!

Nana: I’m working on maxing wellness, too. We’ll eventually have two massage tables, one for the heir and one for the cadet, and we’ll need two sims capable of giving massages to get them in the right mood for work!

Hana: All right, I’m energized and ready to go! Time to max this career!

Did you do it? 
Hana: No…but my promotion bar is at excellent, so I should max it next time! I need to get my homework done now, though, so that I don’t lose my A grade.
Can I just take a minute to squee about Hana’s hair? I love that hairstyle so much!

Katsuo: And I complete the bodybuilder aspiration! I am now long lived!
And over-muscled. -sob-
Katsuo: Calm down, Rika, it’ll be fine.
Go drink an insta-lean potion! Get rid of that muscle!

Katsuo: All right, all right, I’m drinking it.
Rei: Does anyone remember me? I’m over here, working on maxing charisma…
Eeek. Sorry, Rei, I guess you haven’t been in many shots lately, have you?
Rei: Nope. All you care about is how Kiku feels lately. No time for the rest of us!

Katsuo, why are you still the hulk?!
Katsuo: Guess those insta-lean potions only work on fat! It did nothing for me. Oh well, I need to be big and strong to beat anyone who messes with my girls!
Nooooo…

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2018, 06:22:27 PM »
1.16: We Just Keep Skilling

Hana, what are you doing back from work so soon?
Hana: I don’t know, but I’m not happy about it! Your game loaded with me home before my shift ended, and my progress meter didn’t go up at all! What a wasted day!
Dang it!

And everyone’s hard at work on skilling. Nana is mentoring Mari in the violin, and Kiku and Rei are leveling their logic skill. I’d have them play chess together, but then they’d finish games and have to be re-queued. This way, they both just keep working.
Kiku: That’s right, we’re just your skilling monkeys. No time for any fun or games!
What? That’s not…okay, I promise, we’ll all do something fun as soon as Rei and Mari grow up!

Hana: I’m back to working on my paintings since I’m home from work early. It’s funny, I can earn more from a single painting than an entire shift at my teen job.
Yeah, but that’s not the point of your teen job. We’re trying to max it, not earn money.
Hana: I know. I’m just saying.

Kiku: Hey…do you think you’d like to come over and…hang out?
Kiku, who are you calling?
Kiku: Great! I can’t wait to see you!
Kiku?

You invited a vampire into the house!
Kiku: So, what’s it like being a vampire?
Caleb: Oh, it’s not so bad. Keeping up with your thirst can be a bit bothersome, but aside from that it’s rather nice–assuming you’re a daywalker, that is. Otherwise, staying out of the sun is hard. Why do you ask?
Kiku: Well, my aspiration is Vampire Family, so I was just wondering what it’ll be like…

Stargazing again, Kiku? I thought you were friends already?
Kiku: We are, but I thought it’d be better to be good friends before I ask him to turn me. You know, things might not be so bad if I could end up with someone as beautiful as Caleb…
Kiku.

Hana: Booyah! Moving on up the cooking skill! I’m really getting the hang of this salad thing.
Yeah, cause we totally need salads or to eat around here…

Kiku: So, would you do it? Would you turn me into a vampire?
Caleb: Oh, I’m so sorry, but I just can’t do that.
Kiku: What? Why not?
Caleb: There are rules about turning people. Teens…you’re just too young to make such a dramatic decision about your life. We can talk about it again when you’re an adult.
Kiku: Oh…all right, then.
Ah, I’m sorry, Kiku. But you just can’t start your aspiration yet.
Kiku: Whatever. I knew I didn’t stand a chance, I just thought I might try.

Katsuo: Ah yes, another family dinner! It’s so nice to all sit down together!
Hana: And I made it all by myself!
Rei: -gulps- Yes, and it’s…it’s wonderful, Hana… -resists urge to vomit-

Rei: Oh my gosh, is this what it feels like to sleep in a real bed? I’ve never done this before!
Oh man, now I feel really guilty.

Ahhh, look at these two, autonomously kissing! They love each other so much. I’m so happy for them.
Katsuo: This is kind of a private moment, Rika. Do you mind?
Meep!

Mari: Whooooo! I’m a pirate!
And Mari gets to take a break from non-stop skilling to be a kid for five seconds.
Mari: This is so nice!

Kiku: What are we doing here?
Hana: Well, I decided to start a teen club to scope out potential spouses. It’s almost Rei and Mari’s birthdays, which means it’s about time to see who’s eligible!
Kiku: Oh, snap! Do you think we can get boyfriends? I’ve got someone in mind…
Kiku, he is an adult! You cannot date an adult!
Kiku: Ugh. Fine.

Kiku: So hey, what’s your name? I’m Kiku Yoshida.
Jonah: Hey, I’m Jonah. Nice to meet you, Kiku! So, you’re a Yoshida, as in the Yoshida legacy? I’ve heard about y’all.
Kiku: Yeah! It’s a tough life, but we’re doing it!
What are his traits, Kiku? His clothes are awful, but his hair’s pretty nice!
Kiku: -internally- This one’s a no go, Rika. He’s a gloomy slob.
Drat.

Hana: Hey there! How are you doing?
Ren: Pretty good! It’s nice to be in a club for once!
Hana: Yeah, they’re pretty cool! Sometimes. They can get a little tiresome, though. I thought this one might be more fun, hopefully.

Hana: -internally- Rika, I’ve got a winner! He’s a cheerful bookworm, and he’s pretty cute, too!
Ooo, good job, Hana! We’ll put him on the list!

Hana: After spouse scoping, we take a quick trip to the Forgotten Grotto, so I can fish in a new location and work on my aspiration.
Kiku: Yup, Hana gets to advance in her aspiration, unlike me…Why are we all here, if only Hana needs to fish?
Because, everyone’s catches counts toward Hana’s final milestone of collecting some odd number of unique fish, I think, so we want to get that started early.

Kiku: But hey, I caught a fish first! Yay! I’m pretty good at this!
Woohoo, go, Kiku!

Hana: It only took me five tries of fishing again and again, but I finally caught one! I just need four more and two other locations for this milestone!
Yay!

And that’s where we end it today! I debated not starting Hana’s aspiration, just in case no one votes, so that the merit system can be more fair and about skills instead, but I decided that’s kind of cheating. Everyone should get a fair try at completing their aspiration.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2018, 06:22:43 PM »
1.17: These Sims are Hard at Work!

Mari: Guess what, Rika? I maxed the violin skill! I’m doing pretty good, huh?
You sure are, Mari! But uh, I see you’ve barely started on charisma. I wish you’d done that first–it’s a hard skill to max, and it’ll be useful for getting promotions as an adult.
Mari: Oh, drat. I’ll get right on that!

The family that gardens together, stays together!
Katsuo: Yeah, keep pretending this is a bonding moment for us. You’re just hoping if we all garden at once, it’ll go a little faster.
Yeah…but it turns out it’s just really hectic trying to stop you all from harvesting and keeping you gardening.
Hana: Whoops! Almost harvested again!

Smile, Kiku! It’s your first day of work at the babysitter career!
Kiku: I know, but I feel like I’m really behind–Hana’s had two shifts at the retail career already!
It’ll be fine! You’re already a level 2, and you’re in the right mood with the promotion skills maxed already!
Kiku: I hope so.

Hana: Ah yes, after three shifts, I finally max retail! I get to quit the job now, right?
That’s right! No more retail for you–I know those jobs suck!

Nana: Meanwhile, we’re hard at work getting paintings done. Rika did some math, and if Katsuo and I both paint 5 paintings a day–we never earn less than $800 on a painting–every day, then we can earn a little over $50k per week!
Katsuo: We’ll be in that fancy new house in no time!

Kiku: Oh my god, Rika, you’re never going to believe it!
Kiku, you’re smiling! I never thought I’d see you smile again!
Kiku: Well, I maxed the babysitter career in one shift!
Holy cow! It took Hana three shifts to max her career! You’re amazing, Kiku!

Nana: So, I hear you’re back in the game, Kiku! I’m so happy to hear you’re trying again.
Kiku: Yeah, well, I figured there was no point in throwing in the towel so soon. Maybe if I work really hard, I’ll impress the readers, and my aspiration won’t matter.
Nana: That’s the spirit! No matter who gets to be heir, though, I’ll still love you all as much as I do now.
Kiku: Thanks, mom.

Whoa, that is quite the little squashed gathering!
Nana: Sorry, that’s kind of my fault. For some reason, I want to stand really close to Hana while she paints.
Hana: I’m at level 9 painting! I’m so close I can taste it.
If both Hana and Kiku max painting, they should start making paintings worth a minimum of $800 just like their parents, effectively doubling the potential income! 
Kiku: I started painting after Hana, but I’m catching up really fast!
You sure are! I don’t know why, since you both are top notch toddlers, and you both maxed all four childhood aspirations, but for some reason you seem to skill just a bit faster, Kiku.
Kiku: Well, I’ve got a chip on my shoulder and a lot to make up for.
Ack.

Mari: Rika, I’m so tense, it’s just barely staying behind my confident mood! And you got our final birthday notification two hours ago–when are we going to age up!
Well, your mom also got a birthday notification, so I was hoping to take all three of you out to eat for your birthdays, but I really wanted you to finish charisma first. You’re at level 9!
Mari: All right, I’ll try…

Nana, what are you doing in here? I thought you were mentoring Hana.
Nana: Hana finished maxing the painting skill, so I can’t mentor her anymore, and Rei is the only other child working on a mentorable skill–logic, which apparently, I never maxed. So, I can’t mentor her.
Ah, so you’re working on paintings for money. Smart.
Nana: Just trying to help out!

Hana: However, I did max logic as a child, so I can mentor Rei instead of painting!
Rei: Thanks for mentoring me, Hana! I’m hoping to max logic before I age up, since I’ve already done charisma. I’ve only got a little time left, though.

And Kiku maxes the painting skill! Go, Kiku! That was really fast!
Kiku: I know! It took Hana two days, didn’t it? But I only started three paintings ago!
Yeah, I know, that was really impressive!
Kiku: But, I just realized, Hana has maxed two more skills than I have! So, I need to catch up there, too!
Well, sort off. Your skills aren’t going to matter for the merit system, if we don’t get votes, since Hana’s already started her aspiration.
Kiku: I know that, but! We don’t know what readers will be taking into consideration for voting. They might weigh who has maxed the most skills. I want to be competitive at least.
Oh, yeah, that’s pretty smart! All right, keep skilling!

Hery Mari. I’m sorry I worked you so hard today.
Mari: It’s all right. Thanks for letting me stop and play on the monkey bars now that it’s so late in the night.
You’re welcome. It’s probably not worth going out to a restaurant this late now, so we’ll do your birthday’s tomorrow.
Mari: But what if we age up at school?
Oh, don’t worry about that! Everyone will take vacation days, so you can finish charisma, and we can have a lunch birthday!
Mari: Oh, yay!

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2018, 06:23:42 PM »
1.18: Getting to Know the Twins - Part 1

And here’s where we start counting days/weeks :P So now posts are going to have part labels. Like part 1, part 2, etc.

Day 1 / Monday

Kiku: Are you excited about growing up? Tomorrow’s your birthday, you’re finally going to be a teen!
Rei: I’m a little excited, I guess. I’m hoping I’ll get more attention as a teen than I have as a child–the readers don’t know who I am.
Kiku: I think that’s partially my fault. Rika’s been sad about my Evil trait, so she’s given me a lot of attention. Sorry about that.
Rei: Eh, it’s all right. It is what it is.
Sorry, Rei! I’m working on it!
Rei: Thanks, Rika.

Oh no, Nana! I didn’t get a final birthday notice for you!
Nana: Ah, I’m old! How did this happen?
Katsuo: It’s all right, darling, you’re just an adult now. It doesn’t change much.
Nana: But I have wrinkles now!
Katsuo: I still think you’re as beautiful as the day I met you.

Hana, what do you think you’re doing! Stop that right now!
Hana: Whoops, I’m harvesting! It’s too late, I’ve already harvested this plant.
Dang flabbit. I was trying to organize a harvesting schedule.
Hana: Well…I could harvest everything and we could start the schedule over again?
-sigh- I guess we have no choice.

Mari: I maxed charisma! This means we get to grow up, right?
Well…it’s still early in the morning, and Rei is really close to maxing logic…
Mari: But you promised!
You’ll age up today, I swear! We’ll just give Rei a little more time with the chessboard.
Mari: Ugh, this is so unfair.

Kiku: It’s all right, Rei, I’ll play chess with you! Rika just realized I never maxed logic as a child, so I might as well max it with you.
Rei: But if we play together, that means we’ll stop periodically…
Kiku: Do you not want to play with me?
Rei: Oh, no, that’s not what I meant! I just really want to grow up, that’s all.

How’s it going, Mari?
Mari: Well, I’ve already maxed logic and charisma, so there’s really not much left for me to do while we wait for Rei to max logic. I guess that means I actually get to play, huh?
Yup! Enjoy the last vestiges of your childhood while you still can.
Mari: Childhood? What childhood?
Oops…

And Kiku maxes logic before Rei, so she gets to mentor her instead!
Rei: Almost…there…one more…move…
Kiku: You’ve got this, Rei! Go, go, go!
Rei: There! I did it, I maxed logic!
Kiku: Woohoo, it’s birthday time!

Nana: Yes, I’d like a table for six, please.
It occurred to me that I haven’t thrown a single birthday party so far, so we’re trying that out. I thought maybe throwing it at a restaurant would make the goals easier, but…
Nana: Rika, they won’t seat us all! They keep seating just me!
Ah, no! There’s a table for eight right over there, why are they putting you alone at a table for four?
Nana: I don’t know. Here, let me give up my table and start a club gathering and try again…

There we go! All seated together!
Katsuo: Does everyone know what they want to order?
Rei: I can’t believe we’re actually getting a birthday party, and we got to leave the house too! I’ve never been to a restaurant before!

Mari: That was delicious, but maybe we should have just ordered cake? None of us were actually hungry, and the party timer is ticking away…
I just wanted to give you an actual restaurant experience…

It’s cake time!
Rei: Oh boy, here we go! I hope I grow up well!
Nana: No matter what, we’ll still love you!
Kiku: -crosses fingers, internally- I hope she gets a good trait and doesn’t end up like me.

And then we learn that you can only request one cake at a restaurant, so we have to end the party–grr, only a silver medal–and head home for Mari to age up. Sorry, Mari!

Mari: That’s all right, I’m just excited to grow up! Here we goooooo!

And here are the twins, all grown up! I decided to experiment with poses this time, I think they look pretty cool!
Rei: To my Neat trait, I add Hot-Headed, with the Super Parent aspiration. Pretty cool, huh?
You and Mari both now have the Hot-Headed trait, thanks to Nana. -sigh- But Super Parent is a great aspiration, and would be really nice for the heir!
Mari: To my Hot-Headed trait, I add Music Lover, with the Party Animal aspiration. Which does nothing to endear me to Rika, because she hates parties…
I surely do. The popularity category is the hardest out of all the legacy points.
Mari: But having a Party Animal aspiration means we need to complete parties, so you’d remember to do them instead of leaving all of them for gen 9!
That’s true. Also, may I just say, I love their outfits! They grew up so cute!

Day 2 / Tuesday

Hana: Oh crap, I only got 75% of my homework done yesterday, and there’s an hour left before school! I’ve got to get it done fast or I’ll lose my A grade!
Katsuo: Here, I’ll mentor you so that you can complete it faster.
Hana: Thanks, dad!
Mari: I don’t actually need to be doing my homework, but I figured I’d get it out of the way now so I don’t forget about it…
Hana: Trying to say something?

Mari: This is so not what I meant when I said I wanted to be in more pictures. Hana and Kiku are off to high school, but Rei and I aged up so late at night that we don’t have to go to school today–so Rika puts us to work in the garden instead!
But if you all work together, it gets done faster!
Rei: Couldn’t we just hire a gardener?
Katsuo: We could, but Rika is trying to save up our money so we can buy the nice house she built for us.
Rei: Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. Still, I’m with Mari, I’d like better pictures.
Okay, all right, you can stop gardening.

Mari: Woohoo, we get to hit the town instead!
Rei: A karaoke bar is pretty cool!
Mari: Yeah, and this doubles as an opportunity for me to work on my aspiration–I need to introduce myself to 10 sims.
Rei: Lucky. I’m stuck with Kiku on my aspiration; my current goal is ‘become an adult.’

Rei: I immediately head into one of the booths to start singing a solo!
Wouldn’t you rather sing a duet with someone? Meet someone new?
Rei: That would require talking to a stranger…
Rei, you do not have the loner trait! Why do you act like you do?
Rei: I just don’t like people!

Mari: Hello! Nice to meet you, I’m Mari.
Jessica: Hi! Aren’t you a teen? What are you doing in a bar?
Mari: Uh…I mean, there’s no rules about who gets to walk into a bar?

There you go, Rei, meeting new people! He’s pretty cute, too.
Rei: Yeah, I guess he is, and this isn’t so bad! I’m actually having some fun.

Mari: After karaoke, Rei and I find a living statue a block away from the bar! This is pretty cool, huh, sis?
Rei: Yeah–there are so many interesting things to do in San Myshuno, I can’t believe Rika never takes us out here.
Mari: Right? All she cares about is skilling, the garden, and painting.

Mari: I can’t help but try and flirt with the statue, but he’s good at his job and doesn’t break character! Dangit!

Mari: There’s a guidebook for this area, but it doesn’t have any information on the festivals!
Dang. I was hoping to find out when they are–there are two festival cycles, and it’s random which cycle you get on, and I wanted to know what’s next to see if it would be fun to go to.
Mari: I’d love to go to a festival!

Rei: Gaaaah, why are we at the gym, Mari?
Mari: Rika wanted to check it out. It’s actually a much nicer gym than the one in Windenburg! I actually found a trainer to help mentor me!
Rei: I guess it’s better than being stuck at the house again.
Mari: Shh, don’t talk about the house!

Mari: Look what you did, Rei! Rika brought us back home to learn painting!
Rei: Whoops. Me and my big mouth.
What? You had a nice day in the city, now it’s time for you to learn a valuable skill so you can contribute to the household. 

Aaaaand, that’s the end of this part! We are literally right at the 25 image limit, hehe. Part 2 will come tomorrow!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Oooo, nice.  Was so happy to see multiple updates ^^  And yeah, I can see why about the MCCC hehehe.  It can be a bit to take in.  I just wish there was a way to reset everything to default so then you can tweak a few little things.

lol what a slave-driver watcher!  They sure know how to make ya feel quilty huh?  I really love your interactions with your sims ^^

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The twins are skilling machines! I know you're way ahead of these posts but muscles will go away by simply doing no exercise...eventually! Katsuo certainly bulked up quite a lot there.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
@Shewolf13 Glad you like the multiple updates! And yeah, they shame me real good :P It's all hard work all the time. I'm trying to learn how to give them lives, too.

@Playalot I don't believe you! Katsuo never really lost all that weight he'd gained. Makes me wish I'd known then that I could have just slimmed him down.

1.18: Getting to Know the Twins - Part 2

Day 3 / Wednesday

What are you doing, all alone in here?
Kiku: Just playing some video games. I’m allowed to do that when my fun gets too low!
Yeah, I know. I just thought maybe you’d want to play chess with someone to raise your fun, instead of hiding out in here.
Kiku: Nah, everyone’s working right now. I don’t mind being on my own.

Hana: My fun gets low, and do I get to play video games? Nope. I play the violin, one of the skills I haven’t maxed, which happens to raise my fun, too.
And you’re doing so good!

First day of school! Where’s Rei?
Mari: She’s at the other end of the house, so it’s going to take her a minute to get out here. You forgot to cancel her action.
My bad. She’ll still get to school on time, though. Bring home that A grade!
Mari: Working on it!

Katsuo: It seems the only way for me to get in a shot these days is to be in the garden. Why don’t you love me anymore, Rika?
Aw, Katsuo, I love you just as much as I always did! But your kids need to take the spotlight right now so that readers can vote for them!

And look who all’s back from school! Mari, Kiku, you do not look very happy.
Kiku: I am so over school! I’ve already got an A.
Mari: You had me study hard all day, even though my fun was low when I left for school. I’m tense as all get out!

Sneaking in a quick woohoo, eh? Nice to see the romance is still alive!
Katsuo: Rika, why are you always intruding on our intimate moments?

Mari: Geez, high school homework takes a lot longer to finish than grade school did! But maybe if I get an A grade and high skills, the readers will like me.
Aw. I’m sure the readers will like you plenty!

Day 4 / Thursday

And Mari maxes painting! Way to go, now you can really earn some money for the household! We’re so close to being able to afford that house!
Mari: So, this means I’m going to be painting all day, every day?
Not all day…you still have school.

Quickly followed by Rei mastering painting! Woot, woot!
Rei: I am not as excited about this as you are.
But you did it so fast! I’m proud of you!

Katsuo: Yes, hello? I’d like to hire a gardener. I’m sick of spending five hours in my garden.
Bah. You and me both. It’d be better if you could paint instead of garden, and then just harvest the garden when it’s ready.

Look who Kiku brought home from school! I…can’t remember his name, whoops. I didn’t know you were making friends at school, Kiku!
Kiku: Yeah, I thought it might be nice.
Those clothes are not good, though. Let’s give him a makeover!

Kiku: I thought makeovers were reserved for spouse?
Well, there’s no reason why we can’t get you a nice looking friend.
Kiku: You’d better not get any ideas. My heart belongs to Caleb!

All right, I tried really hard, but nothing looked good on him. 
Kiku: What do you mean?
Go ahead, Kiku, ask to see his swimwear and you’ll see what I mean.

Kiku: Oh…you’re right. That pear shaped genetic isn’t good for the legacy at all, not that I was interested in him like that. Too bad!

Kiku: It’s nice to get to hang out with you some more, Hana. I feel like we’re barely around now.
Hana: I know. It’s almost as if Rika doesn’t know how to balance four kids…
Hey, I’ve got a lot to make up for!

Aw, look at them, doing homework together!
Mari: You know what’s funny, Kiku?
Kiku: What’s that?
Mari: Even though you rolled the Evil trait and a vampire aspiration, I’m pretty sure you stand a better chance of becoming heir than any of us.
Kiku: No way!
Mari: Yup! You’ve totally got the sympathy vote, and no one knows who Rei and I are. We’re hopeless.

Rei: Gah, more painting. This is all we do anymore, it seems.
Hana: Maybe after we get enough to buy the house Rika wants, we’ll get to do other things? We’ve already earned money faster than any other legacy Rika’s played.
Yeah, I never really thought about having six sims painting all the time before. It’s a real money maker!

Nana: How are you feeling lately, Mari? I feel like I don’t see you anymore.
Mari: I’m all right, and I know. Rika doesn’t seem to believe in quality parent/child time once you’re no longer a toddler, and even then, it’s only to max your toddler skills.
Nana: -sigh- Such is the life of a legacy sim.