Author Topic: Front door to the Dresden House (Fyres)  (Read 3603 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Front door to the Dresden House (Fyres)
« on: January 16, 2018, 09:10:28 PM »
I've been playing the Dresden House very recently, that house where the Fyres live in Windenberg Countryside.

For some reason, the house's back door keeps automatically getting set as the front door.
I've read somewhere that the entrance door in the front can't be set as the front door because of the enclosed porch or something.
I didn't really understand the reasoning.

My sims frequently want to pass out in the street after work instead of running across the front lawn, past the side of the house, and around the back to the "front door."
The rules of the challenge I'm playing prohibit changing the house's footprint.
Is there a legitimate way to switch the front door to the front of the house?

I briefly considered building a "subterranean lounge" at the front of the lot (for my exhausted sims), with an underground pathway to the house proper.
Seems like there should be an easier solution than said lounge, but I'm stumped.
Help?

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Front door to the Dresden House (Fyres)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 09:46:47 PM »
Allow me to elaborate.
I know how to "Set as Front Door. My problem is particular to the Dresden House in Windenberg Countryside.
When my sim visited the lot before marrying and moving there, she also had to run around to the back of the house to "Knock on Door."

I've never played this house until now so I can't say if it's only my game where the front door is set to the back of the house.
Every day, I set the door in front "As Front Door," but a little later, the door in back has become the front door.

I found the following EA Answers HQ thread. Do you think my quoted section is the problem I'm experiencing?
Still, the Dresden House is a premade lot that comes with the Get Together XP, so I'm surprised to see this issue.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-quot-Set-as-Front-Door-quot-Problems/m-p/5009624
I wasn't going to post this bug as it seemed as if it was the same as an earlier found bug, where placing a railing around the door made the game think it was an inside door but I think this may be a new one.

I don't mind if there's no fix. At least, I'll stop fiddling with the doors and look for another solution. ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 07:38:36 AM »
I have had the same problem in that house, and didn't knew I could change the door entrance (or I changed for the kitchen door, not sure.)
I remember "fixing" the tired people by placing a couch in the front garden, but maybe if you lock the back door for everyone, the front one will stay registered as main door?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 01:06:36 AM »
This happens in everyone's game @oshizu  I don't know why there is an issue with that particular Maxis built house. It's probably unsolvable within the challenges rules as I'd imagine a permanent fix would be to rebuilt the shape of the front of the house.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything