Author Topic: How do I go into build mode on my lot while the reaper is in it?  (Read 14645 times)

Offline Daisy_Petalz

• Nooboo
How do I go into build mode on my lot while the reaper is in it?
« on: December 31, 2017, 05:44:42 PM »
So as crazy as this sounds I just killed my vampire husband by keeping him in a room without a roof and now I want to remove the walls so my sims can see and maybe talk to the reaper but it won’t let me

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: How do I go into build mode on my lot while the reaper is in it?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 02:44:35 PM »
Unfortunately, until the reaping is finished, I don't believe you can go into build/buy mode.  Grim may stay on the lot for a bit, but the reaping has to finish first.  Beyond that, I'm not entirely sure.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dvvctorjuune

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 07:02:39 PM »
Sadly, there is no way to interact with build mode while a sim is dying, for reasons like messing with the natural cause of death.

What you can do...

-Enable testingcheats on (If you do not know use Carl's guide here) and then shift click the reaper to add him to your family. This will interrupt any reaping happening on your lot.

-Enable TC (Testingcheats) and shiftclick on reaper to turn him into a plant sim. This will block any deaths since the reaper is distracted.

Happy Simming!
-Tiff

Twitter: iibandit_
Youtube: Flowerless Simmer

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 03:31:15 PM »
@dvvctorjuune Good to know.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 03:32:04 AM »
... and now I want to remove the walls so my sims can see and maybe talk to the reaper but it won’t let me

Oh, don't worry. Unless you need him for story telling purposes, you won't be short of opportunities to chat to him. He'll pop up at the gym, or the library etc. In one of my saves he even moved into an empty lot - a house I plopped down in Newcrest. So I promptly switched control to him and had him adopt. Now there is Allie Grim Reaper.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 04:20:11 AM »
Posted by: dvvctorjuune
« on: January 17, 2018, 07:02:39 PM »-Enable TC (Testingcheats) and shiftclick on reaper to turn him into a plant sim. This will block any deaths since the reaper is distracted.

Lol, that's too funny, I have to try that sometime, messing with Grim is always fun!  ;D You can always ask him to hang out for a bit, that usually works. Oh and Grim likes to frequent bars, just a heads up.  :)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 04:10:42 PM »
@Heart Foam

Does your Grim Reaper living in Newcrest still serve the function of reaping souls?
If not:
(a) Has a new working Grim Reaper popped up in game? or
(b) Is Allie being trained to take his place? Oh, wait. She's adopted so Grim's powers wouldn't be genetically transmitted. :(   Alien abduction? lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 04:57:59 PM »
@Heart Foam

Does your Grim Reaper living in Newcrest still serve the function of reaping souls?
If not:
(a) Has a new working Grim Reaper popped up in game? or
(b) Is Allie being trained to take his place? Oh, wait. She's adopted so Grim's powers wouldn't be genetically transmitted. :(   Alien abduction? lol.

As far as I recall he still reaps. It's a weird eugenics save involving the pointy vampire man. Trying to breed out the massive chin and nose. Allie Grim Reaper is a teen now and a klepto! She's being lined up to marry into the family. I'm going to overexert the elder in the household to double check things.

14 minutes later...

I was wrong. Sadly it's option A. The game has spawned a new reaper that does the actual reaping. When the elder died and Grim showed up I had some of the family insta-friend him and learned his traits. Then we went visiting the one in the house down the road, and it's a different guy. Brother perhaps? This happened ages ago. I think I had to go into the editor to change the adopted daughter's name. I don't know if the family name was blank or "Reaper", but somehow I thought Allie Grim Reaper was amusing. What's life without whimsy! This one still flies around in his black mist, but he's in the business career now that his job has been taken.

I'm convinced he was the reaper when he first moved in. Maybe I broke the magic when I switched control to him. But I was so keen for him to have an heir and didn't think woohoo would do it.

That him at home. Descendant of Count Vlad in the middle. Clearly.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 03:45:53 AM »
Wow, now that your Grim has been "laid off," I wonder if he can procreate?
What a crazy little story you've got going with your pointy vampire founder, lol!
Is that Allie on the opposite end of the couch?

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 12:05:29 PM »
He can't procreate. Mostly he seems like normal Grim. I still can't add him to a club, or invite him around. Asking if he's single get the reply "the forces of evil don't have time for that" etc. Yip. That's Allie.

After 4 generations two branches of a family are distant enough to allow woohooing. The plan is to have a male and female sim both with pointy Vlad in their ancestry and produce one more child, and see if by that time the massive nose and chin and strange eyes etc are gone. But I've got distracted by other saves, and have taken a break from the Sims occasionally, but we're getting there. Vampire Vlad (who died from sunlight as a vampire -- he has two grave stones -- got revived with ambrosia, then got cured of vampirism because I didn't want vampire kids) is the grandfather of the odd looking sim in the middle.

So meeting Grim out and about is not a challenge.

Exit Bunthorne.