Author Topic: Rules: Rags To Riches - Vet  (Read 28388 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rules: Rags To Riches - Vet
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2017, 01:09:37 AM »
@Playalot
But @oshizu  , the game is so easy! You know it is! You're one of the better strategic players and anything that can add to the difficulty only adds to the enjoyment of a challenge. lol My first draft of this challenge involved leaving quite a few expensive items in the household inventory for the very reason of making bills more realistic!  ;D And playing with a vamp initially increases the difficulty too. It's fun!

@reggikko  you're a strategic player too. You'd find this challenge easy.

Dang it all, now you guys are making me desperate to play it, I wish that silly vet bug wasn't around. Grr!

Gotta give credit where credit's due! I learned so much from reading your Hollingsworth Dynasty!!!  *needs an emote for a bouquet of expensive roses
You're right, though, the game's gotten a lot easier. For the Teen Runaway Challenge, I didn't use clubs and got to watch my sim eat and sleep for the first time since forever! LOL!

I can't decide how I want to play your challenge...part of me would like to chill. You know, get a utility sim--I mean, a partner--to cook, clean, and feed/bathe the dog, while writing a silly story.
The second time around, I'll go spartan mode, hehe.

@commasplice
Yay! I'm looking forward to your write-up! I love meeting other simmers' sims! <3  ;D
Have you been trying to avoid that glitch by leaving your dog at home? Awwww.

Offline RiotKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2017, 06:19:53 PM »
Bookmarking for a future challenge, as I'm just starting to dabble in them; and this one does seem more difficult than newbie ones I've toyed with.  But I do love the rags-to-riches idea.

Btw, bonus points to you for using the word "busking" so casually (in the rules, forbidden money-making efforts). ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2017, 07:30:43 PM »
Speaking of busking, it appears that once your pet is trained, you can have him perform tricks in public and possibly get tips. Guessing not allowed?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2017, 10:55:11 PM »
Oh this is new to me. I've had a fully trained pet perform tricks but not had any tips... No I say we allow this one as it is a pet centered option and takes serious sim-time to get a dog fully trained. I'll add it to the rules -thanks! @commasplice
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2017, 12:07:49 AM »
@Playalot

I have a few more questions now that I've actually started:
Remember no money can be made from certain skills though so you may need to make a large storage basement if you plan on completing aspirations like the Painter Extraordinaire.
Question #1: You imply that Painter Extraordinaire is an acceptable aspiration.
Does that mean we're allowed to do the "Sell 3 Paintings" goal as long as we use the money cheat to subtract the money we earned from selling them?
Paintings are a great way to boost home worth...

Question #2: Any restrictions on downloading community lots created by Maxis or MaxisCreator_01?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2017, 01:18:47 AM »
All aspirations are acceptable but making money from anything but the allowed methods is not. As usual if you want to mold the rules to include selling those 3 first paintings go ahead. (*cough* That is code for 'I actually forgot about those 1st 3 that need selling'.)

No restrictions per say about changing lots or downloading lots but I will say that leaving the world exactly as is makes it harder. I have my own versions of made-over Maxis lots that I like to use but these lots don't actually add any items that would make the process of skilling or making money any easier.

So...as always: change what you see fit to make your challenge yours and have fun!  :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2017, 01:31:22 AM »
Thank you for responding so quickly.
Okay, the Painter Extraordinaire is out but our sims can still paint if we wish. Got it.

Regarding community lots, I wasn't thinking of editing community lots, but of adding a spa, a restaurant or two, and the toddler park to my simverse.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2017, 11:21:50 PM »
Oh for sure, I add toddler parks, spas etc etc too. It takes ages to add everything now that we have so many packs. One of the down-sides to dlc!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2017, 07:33:25 AM »
@Playalot

Two questions about transferring the vet clinic's profits to household funds:

Keep track of your vet clinics money before each shift, you’ll need to transfer half the days profits to your household account when you close the clinic and it is easy to lose track of how much you have earned.

Question 1: Do we simply transfer 50% of the "Net Profits" value in the Finances pop-up  that appears when we close the clinic?
Or do treats sales not get included in the "Treatments" figure?

Question 2: When you say "profits," do we subtract the cost of buying new equipment?
For example, if I make $3,000 in net profit then buy a second exam table, how much do I transfer to my home?
(A) $1,500 ($3,000 / 2)
or
(B) $250 ($3000-$2500=$500 / 2)

I've been using the Net Profits figure everyday so far, but I just want to confirm I'm doing this right since I have way more money at home than at the clinic. ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2017, 06:49:46 PM »
Net profit and any new vet clinic equipment must be purchased after the 50% has gone through to the residential lot account.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2017, 12:55:51 AM »
Thank you for the confirmation, Playalot!
On the day that I bought a second exam table during the shift, I made sure first that I'd be able to send 50% of Net Profit by the end of the shift.
It was very tight and I agree that waiting until the work day ends is a safer bet.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2018, 05:44:32 PM »
DONE! The five-star rating nearly killed me, but I finished it.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2018, 02:00:08 PM »
DONE! The five-star rating nearly killed me, but I finished it.
Awesome! Serious congrats! Can't wait to catch up on your story asap. :)

Offline Erin

• Sims Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
    • YouTube
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2020, 05:51:31 PM »
This challenge sounds really exciting and fun. I have played rags to riches before, but often got board as soon as I have made enough money to build them a proper house, but this sounds like it might be more challenging and hold my attention. I'm super excited to try this!   ;D
You think you know who you are, what's to come. You haven't even begun. ~ Dracula
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy vs. Dracula
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7izdNOLStXDQMCan_wQyBQ/

Offline Erin

• Sims Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
    • YouTube
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2020, 11:49:24 AM »
I started this challenge last night and i have failed a couple of times, but I'm having so much fun with it  ;D
You think you know who you are, what's to come. You haven't even begun. ~ Dracula
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy vs. Dracula
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7izdNOLStXDQMCan_wQyBQ/

anything