Author Topic: Any tips how to avoid game being patched with upcoming one.  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Spiderkeys

• Llama Wrangler
Any tips how to avoid game being patched with upcoming one.
« on: November 01, 2017, 06:15:24 AM »
ATM my game works great, everything is organised well, my mods and everything.

I'm not planning on buying Cats and Dogs for quite some time, so I just don't want it patched.

I've attempted to avoid the patching in the past, but somehow Origin finds a way to update the game behind my back, or won't let me play until I patch or something.

I've backed-up the whole 22gig The Sims 4 Game Folder, in the attempt to try to rollback in case it does.

SO any tips to avoid patching until I'm ready, other than disconnect the internet completely which I do not want to do.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Any tips how to avoid game being patched with upcoming one.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 09:25:41 AM »
I don't think you have a choice. At soon point you will have to update it. Mrs.Flynn will be by later to answer more if it's possible but I think it is.

Shannon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 10:54:24 AM »
Under Origin > Application Settings scroll down to the Client Update section. Click Automatic Game Updates to Off. As seen in this photo - (Click image to see larger view)

If you choose to do this, the client may bug you about updating the game. You won't be able to play online and like Sdhoey said, you will have to update sooner or later. As every now and again Origin has to verify game files.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Panol

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 04:08:46 AM »
Can definitely recommend flicking the updates off if you only want to play by yourself, can save a lot of downloads and isn't really needed once all the game breaking bugs are patched out.