Author Topic: Beverage stand - how/where to place it?  (Read 11297 times)

Offline Elvico_P

• Nooboo
Beverage stand - how/where to place it?
« on: October 30, 2017, 11:05:31 AM »
Hello everyone....ive just joined and im in desperate need of help please. Few days ago i bought a beverage stand, however i still havent figured out where or when and how to place it. Its in my household inventory and it seems i can only place it in my aprtment lol grrrr...im feeling annoyed cause i was soooo super excited now my bubble is burst lol. Please help and thank you

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Beverage stand - how/where to place it?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 01:30:12 PM »
I don't play San Myshuno apartments hardly at all, but I'd think you wouldn't have room to place a beverage stand outdoors on any lot except Ye Old Salt House.
Perhaps one would fit in the pool area of a penthouse but that would look rather strange.

One option might be to place it in Center Park. You have that whole wedding ceremony area to play around with.
But then you would just enter Build mode to choose and place it. Your sim wouldn't need to use their own money to purchase it.

Once you figure out where to place your stand, don't forget to click and choose "Hire vendor ($100)," which will dispatch a sim to work at your stall.

Good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Elvico_P

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »
Oooh i didnt know we get it for free..spent $1800 .....thanks for your reply....i will try it out.

Offline Elvico_P

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 10:49:15 AM »
Oshizo....i tried what you suggested....but when going to build mode...none of the stalls are showing up. Am i doing something wrong? Also want to know if i cant use my stall in the normal festival area...like on a normal day you know.

Thank you

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 12:35:03 PM »
@Elvico_P

I'm sorry you weren't able to locate any of the food stalls in Build mode. Just for your reference, here's a screenshot of two of my sims in the Center Park wedding area in San Myshuno's Meadow Park.
You can see the wedding arch to the left of the sims.  After placing the food stall in Build mode, one of the sims clicked Hire Vendor and (after a wait) Eric Lewis arrived.

To find the food stalls, enter Build mode and "Center Park Items" will display as the default.
Select "Activities and Skills" then select "Misc." All the food stalls will be available for selection at the very bottom.

Hope this works for you! Sorry my explanation wasn't clear enough last time.

Also want to know if i cant use my stall in the normal festival area...like on a normal day you know.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. You can only place objects in an area of a community venue (or residential lot) where building is allowed.
I don't think the community areas in the San Myshuno residential zones permit building.

@Playalot can you help out with this question? I think I've tried renovating a festival area but was unable to but I've never tried with a building cheat.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 02:32:29 PM »
You can't build on any festival lot at all as they are all outside the accessible area. Even if you could place items with the 'set as head' cheat I really wouldn't recommend doing that as it will stuff up the next time a festival spawns. Also placing items with that cheat can cause unexpected results. lol

You should be able to place down any of the stalls when accessing any lot from the main map view in build mode but you would have to place one directly from the build/buy catalogue. The one that you own will only be placeable on your home lot as this is the only lot that sims can access their Household Inventory. However if you have enough room on your home lot and you place it down you will be able to click on it to hire a Vendor which will enable your sims to buy food/drinks from it.

The stalls really are intended as a community lot/venue object. They aren't really that useful for a home lot in my opinion, unless you are trying to learn all the recipes and can't be bothered to take your sims around the world I guess!

The food/drink stalls can be also found in build mode by using the search tool on the left and typing in 'stall' and then hitting search when using the 'objects by function' tab which looks like a chair.

The portable mixology bars from Get Together would be more useful for 'drinks on the go' as they can be dragged in and out of a sims personal inventory and because of that are placeable anywhere on any lot. For food on the go use one of the outdoor grills as they too can be dragged in and out of a sims personal inventory on any lot.

@oshizu the stalls are free when placing on a venue/community lot but are 1800 when purchasing on the home lot. But of course... once bought at home they are stuck there. 
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.