Author Topic: Keeping Up With the Fryes: a Ten Gen Townie Dynasty  (Read 5971 times)

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
Keeping Up With the Fryes: a Ten Gen Townie Dynasty
« on: October 05, 2017, 02:49:18 PM »
Meet the Families!

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
Re: Keeping Up With the Fryes: a Ten Gen Townie Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 02:53:17 PM »
Generation 1: Siobhan Fryes
Points Gained
+Became good friends with Sergio Romeo
+Got promoted
+Became good friends with Joaquin Le Chien
+Became good friends with Moira Fryes
+Leveled up in Charisma
+Became good friends with Salvatore Romeo
+Got promoted
+Got promoted
+2x Salvatore mastered the Potty skill
+Became good friends with Dominic Fryes
+Became good friends with Morgan Fryes
_______First Free Day for Siobhan__________

Points Lost
-Passed out
-Salvatore passed out
_______First Free Day for Siobhan__________
-2x Joaquin started a fire

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
Re: Keeping Up With the Fryes: a Ten Gen Townie Dynasty (Part 1, Chapter 1)
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 08:21:12 PM »
Part 1: Siobhan
Chapter 1: Starting Out

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to do something important with my life. As a kid I thought that meant getting good grades. As a teenager I thought that meant becoming popular with my peers (a pursuit that led to me founding the Paragons). Now, as a young adult, I found something that really does seem important. I heard rumors of other sims founding dynasties and becoming a part of town history. What could be more important than becoming a lasting part of history? I can't really think of anything to rival that.
Of course...becoming a part of history means having to leave home.
My mother was skeptical at best of my plans...
But at least my father said he would support me even if he didn't really understand my motivation.
Naturally I had a lot to think about now. Finding a spouse, figuring out where to live, planning out collections...thankfully two of those three things turned out to be a lot easier to accomplish than I imagined.
Sergio Romeo came by later in the day. He's also a member of the Paragons and has been one of my closest friends since childhood.
It wasn't long before sparks started to fly...
Despite my younger sister Morgan's best attempts to dissuade me. Go away Morgan!
By the end of the day we consummated our relationship.
And the next morning I moved in with him and his roommate Joaquin.

Ta ta for now readers, I'll be sure to update you on my new life with Sergio soon.

So yeah...I decided to try my hand at the Ten Gen townie dynasty with the lovely Siobhan! I know her tone is quite snobby, not going to deny that I see her as sort of an elitist despite the fact that I quite like her. Hope you all have enjoyed this brief introduction!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 05:31:20 PM »
Yay another ten gen dynast on the way. I'm very excited to see what your sims will be up to.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 07:48:50 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the children, also Siobhan's pictures of her family.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 11:12:06 PM »
Chapter 2: Setting Up

Previously on "Keeping up with the Fryes":
Oldest daughter Siobhan decided to establish a dynasty to leave her mark on history. She began dating the handsome Sergio Romeo and left her parents to start living with him.
And now more "Keeping up with the Fryes"!

To celebrate our new life together Segio and I decided to have some adult fun.
Which of course led to some exciting news! I was pregnant!
I decided it was only right to make things official since we now had a baby on the way...
He said yes! We agreed to wait to until after our baby was born before tying the knot, it only seemed proper.
I also decided it would be in everyone's best interest for me to get to know Sergio's roommate, Joaquin. I had seen him in passing around town and knew he was in the Spinmasters with my father but other than that I didn't know much about him. As it turns out he's very friendly and quite enthusiastic about music and art. It wasn't long before the two of us were good friends.
And unfortunately pregnancy isn't as glamorous as movies and tv make it. I felt so self-conscious during my third trimester, I had no waistline and couldn't see my feet. Everything was uncomfortable, especially the feeling of constantly having to pee.
Nothing, however, could prepare me for labor and delivery. I had never experienced such intense physical pain and still haven't encountered anything worse. I couldn't bear the thought of a home birth so I rushed to the hospital.
The delivery room was terrifying, especially the operating machine. I was worried I'd have my heart or stomach ripped out by it instead of the baby.
Before I knew it the birth was over, and my baby was next to me.
My beautiful baby boy. Sergio and I had discussed names and agreed to give our baby a name inspired by his Italian heritage. So we named our little boy Salvatore.

Welcome baby Salvatore! By this point Siobhan has gotten 3 points, two for making good friends (Sergio and Joaquin) and being promoted (which I didn't get a picture of). So far its been a slow crawl to get points, but thankfully Sergio and Joaquin are pretty self-sufficient so I can let them do their thing while Siobhan is busy.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 01:27:54 AM »
Great choice of founding couple!

Good luck with this challenge!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 07:47:35 AM »
Looks like you're off to a solid start (even if it does feel like a slow crawl).
I, of course, prefer Morgan, but Siobhan is quite lovely and I'm looking forward to seeing how lovely baby Salvatore ends up being!

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 08:22:41 PM »
Chapter 3: The Terrible Twos

Siobhan and Sergio welcomed baby Salvatore to the world and became engaged.
And now for more "Keeping up with the Fryes"!

Sergio always told me that he never wanted children but clearly that wasn't true now. He was always by Tory's bassinet, doting over him or talking at him.
My mother had heard about all the excitement in my life and invited me out to dinner at Chez Llama, the trendiest restaurant in town. It was so nice seeing her, it hadn't occurred to me how much I missed her until then.
We split a bottle of nectar and tried some of the food, which was unlike anything I had ever seen or tasted. It was very good and I wish I had been able to find out the recipe but it seemed a touch too difficult for me. My mother was somewhat less impressed with the food but she said she still enjoyed it. Really though the best part of the evening was getting to spend time together and catch up, I felt like we were closer than ever after that.
The next evening Sergio surprised me by suggesting that we get married right then and there. He said that we were practically married already and his coworkers were shocked to find out that we hadn't officially tied the knot. It was unconventional and I had hoped for a more formal ceremony but I wasn't entirely opposed.
But the chance to officially marry my soulmate definitely made up for it. Any setting would be perfect as long as Sergio was with me.
Sadly for us babyhood doesn't last forever. It wasn't long before Tory was a toddler, and with that came the dreaded Terrible Twos.
He loved making messes on the carpet, especially in our room...
He seemed more interested in playing with his food than actually eating it...
Potty training was an uphill battle...
Having such an energetic child took a huge toll on me. I felt exhausted every day after I got back from work.
...which led to one of the most disgusting and embarrassing moments of my life. I feel like I'll never live this down.
Somehow among all the chaos I did get promoted. I truly don't remember how, I think I spent half of my work week napping.
I make Tory sound like a little devil but my little man was still a great kid. He loved playing with his blocks.
And going down his slide (with my supervision of course!)
And dancing around with me. The twos truly were terrible but I'll miss them once Tory starts getting older. My mother told me to cherish the moments I had with him while he was still young and I can understand why.
Goodbye for now readers! See you again soon!

I really wish Tory could stay a toddler forever, he's so adorable even if he has the Wild trait. Siobhan is up to 6 points now; two from becoming good friends with Moira and Tory, one from leveling up in Charisma, and one from getting a promotion. But...passing out in a puddle next to the potty cost her a point (and her dignity). She has a collection of 10 MySims trophies and pictures of her family members, I just haven't gotten around to taking her to the museum to display them. Caring for a wild toddler is a full-time job, even with helpful roommates.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 08:52:37 PM »
Oh my heavens!!  The potty time pass out was so disconcerting!!!  I feel so bad for Siobhan!! 
Little Salvatore is adorable!!  I can't wait to see how he turns out as he gets older  :=)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 08:32:29 AM »
OMG! What a night mare to pass out like that. I hope she won't have any lasting emotional damage.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 02:03:34 PM »
I'm so curious how proactive Sergio "Hates children" Romeo has been with Salvatore's childcare.

Poor Siobhan! One of the downsides, I guess, of a daily work schedule. :(
You can do this, girl!

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 06:27:05 PM »
@PeregrineTook isn't Tory the cutest thing ever? He just aged up in the game and he's still cute but he seems to take after Sergio more in the face.

@saltpastillen I feel like I suffered secondary trauma from seeing that happen to poor Siobhan. She's definitely seems happy that Tory is a child and the potty chair is gone.

@oshizu Sergio has been a surprisingly good dad, he's very attentive and actually goes out of his way to play with Tory. I hope things won't change now that he's a child.

I had a busy week of class so I haven't had a ton of time to play the game but I'll post an update later this weekend!

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 10:36:36 PM »
Chapter 4: Free Day!

Salvatore aged up into a free-spirited toddler and Siobhan was traumatized by passing out in the bathroom.
And now for more "Keeping up with the Fryes"!

Following my rather...traumatic bathroom experience...I have decided to never attempt to potty train another child as long as I live. Thankfully Joaquin was more than willing to help me out!
And it paid off! Tory was finally using the potty on his own! No more diapers!
Tory's energetic nature ended up catching up to him one night after Sergio and I got home from work. Poor little guy just couldn't make it to bed.
And sadly for us it was our little guy's birthday the next morning! My baby was growing up so fast, I wish he could stay a toddler and be in my arms forever.
He was just as energetic and playful as a child, one of the first things he did after we celebrated his birthday was deciding to play foosball.
He also liked making messes just as much as he did when he was a toddler. I really hope he grows out of it soon.
After we celebrated Tory's birthday I decided to stop by my family's house to tell them how much he was growing up. I promised them all that I'd invite them over soon. My father seemed especially happy to hear about how we were all doing, though I wish he'd worn something else...
I was also sure to see Morgan and thank her for sending Tory a birthday gift. She said that she wanted him to see her as the "cool aunt" and that she was more than happy to send him a gift. I showed her some pictures of him and she seemed a little choked up, she really seemed to care a lot about Tory.
The day after Tory's birthday I decided I wanted to take my boys out for some fun. Unfortunately Joaquin didn't want to join because he had a bit of a cooking mishap that morning and had work in the evening, so he wanted to take the time to decompress. I helped Tory finish his homework in the morning and then off we went!
Tory insisted on going to the park first, which I was more than happy to do. I hoped it would help him burn off some of his energy if Sergio and I wanted to do something quieter later.
The next stop was the spa so Sergio and I could unwind after the stress of Joaquin's kitchen mishap. We started to get steamy until...
"Mom? Dad? What are y- oh. Oh. Ewww!"
Sergio suggested that we go out for a nice family dinner to celebrate Tory's birthday (and to make up for traumatizing our poor son).
Tory seemed unhappy the rest of the afternoon and proceeded to make a mess when we arrived at Chez Llama.
I told him I was disappointed in his behavior, and he apologized and told me that he would try to behave better in the restaurant.
Thankfully the rest of the dinner with my boys went very well. Tory got a special place-mat he could draw on so that kept him occupied while Sergio and I talked. It was a very nice day and I really hope I get to have one like this again soon!

Yay first freeday! Except Joaquin set himself on fire so now I'm set back on my points...thanks Joaquin. Suppose that's what I get for letting a sim with 0 cooking ability try to make his own breakfast. But hopefully I should be able to make up lost points soon with promotions and skill-building. And I didn't show this but Tory made a friend named Elizabeth, so perhaps she'll make an appearance later!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 10:42:02 PM »
I adore Morgan and enjoyed that you had her as the "cool aunt" in this update.
Siobhan as a child is just adorable!!  Salvatore's rather handsome himself.  Excellent gene pool there!
Do you intend to do any pollinating in your dynasty to keep some original townie lineages available, or are you just trusting to randomly generated Sims filling the houses as you go?