Author Topic: [BUG] GTW Detective career broken?  (Read 6637 times)

Offline SharksAreCool

• Nooboo
[BUG] GTW Detective career broken?
« on: July 30, 2017, 10:38:10 AM »
For some reason the clues I gather in the Detective career almost never match the suspect's real description. In the last case I had, the suspect's description as given by the clues was...

-Brown hair
-Male
-Mean
-Wears jacket
-Wears jeans
-Young Adult

But I couldn't find anyone matching that description, so I just went ahead and arrested that one suspicious NPC that just sits around doing nothing (this seems to work most of the time). And I was right, they were guilty, except they didn't match the clues at all...

-Blonde hair
-Male
-(no Mean trait, I have the Observant reward)
-Wears T-shirt
-Wears shorts
-Teen

So apart from the gender, the clues were otherwise completely useless. Is this intended? Because if it is, it's horrible game design.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: GTW Detective career broken?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 10:44:59 AM »
This is a well known bug with the detective career.  There is a bug report here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Incorrect-suspect-traits-Suspect-doesn-t-show-up/td-p/4486122 if you want to add your experience and a 'me too'.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 11:37:22 AM »
Another thing that can mess this is up is if you have a lot of cc in game that is not tagged correctly. are not color coded correctly. Some creators don't re-tag items, so that they keep the tags from the items they were cloned from. It is mostly the issue with hair, but sometimes clothes as well.

So a blond hair can be tagged as brown (and the game only reads the tag) same thing with cc clothes.

Offline SharksAreCool

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 02:52:32 AM »
Another thing that can mess this is up is if you have a lot of cc in game that is not tagged correctly. are not color coded correctly. Some creators don't re-tag items, so that they keep the tags from the items they were cloned from. It is mostly the issue with hair, but sometimes clothes as well.

So a blond hair can be tagged as brown (and the game only reads the tag) same thing with cc clothes.

I thought of that, but I don't have any custom clothing or hair, except a mod that unlocks the dye colors for toddlers.

Could this mod be causing it?
http://modthesims.info/d/557279

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 02:54:26 AM »
 I don't know enough about that mod to be sure, but I don't think so.  It's probably a bug if you don't have cc.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 08:34:11 PM »
This is a bug so although it can be caused through incorrectly tagged cc it is a reported bug that happens in just about everyone's game as HelenP stated. There isn't anything you can do really as it requires a developers fix.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline SharksAreCool

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 12:39:45 PM »
I see. Alright, thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 01:34:21 AM »
Um, just a side note - shouldn't this topic be in the Get to Work sub forum? ???
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 03:43:39 AM »
Um, just a side note - shouldn't this topic be in the Get to Work sub forum? ???

What do you mean, it's always been here? ;) I moved it. In future, you can use the Report function on a thread to let us know about a thread that should be moved :)

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 05:58:13 PM »
I have this problem too.  It happens on the third case.  I dont own any cc content at all.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 09:08:09 PM »
I know, it's a real pain and can make progressing really difficult. I just keep trying to arrest people who appear on the lot at the same time or very soon after my detective arrives there. Although you do lose promotion progress trying to arrest the incorrect suspect you can make that loss back up by locking the perp away...eventually.

I've had the clues point to an elder, female, long sleeves, skirt, creative and the perp was young adult, male, t-shirt, jeans, loves outdoors. *sigh*

Another trick I found was to always introduce my detective to any potential perp that he is about to arrest. This seems to stop the bug where the perp does not travel back to the station with your detective from happening.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.