Author Topic: Mods Scripts Don't Work?  (Read 3485 times)

Offline prvncess

• Nooboo
Mods Scripts Don't Work?
« on: July 28, 2017, 03:14:59 PM »
Hello!  I have tried asking so many people, and I am hoping maybe I can finally get help here.  I definitely don't have the computer whiz trait, but I am quite okay at following directions.  I have about 4 scripts in my mods folder that I am wanting to use very badly :(  I have custom content/scripts enabled & always have.  I've tried checking them both on and off numerous times.  The scripts DO show up in the custom content menu when the game launches, but they do not work in the game.  For a couple, I was required to drag some stuff out into the actual mod folders from the scripts folder (if that makes sense) & it still doesn't work.  I am very frustrated, and have even emailed the creators of the scripts for help & got nothing.  Hoping for help! 

I have also tried repairing the game as of yesterday & it didn't work, and I have the latest update..

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
Re: Mods Scripts Don't Work?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 03:17:07 PM »
Are the scipts up to date?  There are a number that I use which need to be updated seemingly every patch.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline prvncess

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 03:28:53 PM »
Thank you for replying so quickly!  Yes, they are up to date, or at least ONE of them that I know of.  They are very popular scripts.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 04:52:57 PM »
Now, by "up to date" do you mean that you have the most up to date version, or that the mod creator has verified that it works with the most current version of the game?

You might have the most recent version of the mod, but the creator might not have updated for the current patch.

And none of your scripts are working?

Have you tried with both a New Game and a Save Game?

These are mods I constantly have issues with due to updates
- Multiple BFF's
- More Sims on Lots
- Pee in Shower
- Put Books Away

Offline prvncess

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 05:48:26 PM »
I actually surprisingly just got one of them to work, but still no luck with the others.  And yes, they are up to date, I had emailed one of the creators of one of the mods to make sure & they confirmed that. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 09:37:54 PM »
...  For a couple, I was required to drag some stuff out into the actual mod folders from the scripts folder (if that makes sense) & it still doesn't work.  I am very frustrated, and have even emailed the creators of the scripts for help & got nothing. ..

Just wondered if you know that TS4 doesn't really read nested folders very well. So if you have folders within folders the game may just not be able to 'read' the mods. At the most I only have folder two deep. So the game generated 'Mods' folder and then one more folder for organizational purposes.

So for example, my mods folder looks like this:

Mods > No autonomous rude / flirty / enchanting introductions
        >No autonomous romantic serenade
        >Male tops
        >Male hair
        >Female tops
        >Female hair

So basically all game changing mods go directly into the mods folder and then I organize my cc into sub folders.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 04:34:55 PM »
...  For a couple, I was required to drag some stuff out into the actual mod folders from the scripts folder (if that makes sense) & it still doesn't work.  I am very frustrated, and have even emailed the creators of the scripts for help & got nothing. ..

Just wondered if you know that TS4 doesn't really read nested folders very well. So if you have folders within folders the game may just not be able to 'read' the mods. At the most I only have folder two deep. So the game generated 'Mods' folder and then one more folder for organizational purposes.

So for example, my mods folder looks like this:

Mods > No autonomous rude / flirty / enchanting introductions
        >No autonomous romantic serenade
        >Male tops
        >Male hair
        >Female tops
        >Female hair

So basically all game changing mods go directly into the mods folder and then I organize my cc into sub folders.

That is some great info!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jennidagoddess

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 03:27:43 AM »
Hello everyone, I am hoping someone can help me here. I read that you can remove your Mod folder and place it onto your desktop to help your game to run smoother. But every time I do this, it completely disables them and makes them disappear from the game. I do not know what I am doing wrong. But then again I am very tech dumb and computer illiterate lol. So any and all feed back would be very helpful, thank you so much for any of your time!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 10:36:59 AM »
When you move your mods folder to the desktop it removes both mods and cc from the game and disables them from being in game and working in-game. - This is the way it works when you're trying to troubleshoot problems with your game and/or mods/cc. It's to make sure that any gameplay bugs or glitches you may be having isn't caused by outdated or corrupted mods or cc.

Hello everyone, I am hoping someone can help me here. I read that you can remove your Mod folder and place it onto your desktop to help your game to run smoother. But every time I do this, it completely disables them and makes them disappear from the game. I do not know what I am doing wrong. But then again I am very tech dumb and computer illiterate lol. So any and all feed back would be very helpful, thank you so much for any of your time!
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline jennidagoddess

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 08:11:09 AM »
Thank you for the quick reply!

anything