Author Topic: Downloading Mods  (Read 2151 times)

Offline yobydnub

• Nooboo
Downloading Mods
« on: July 24, 2017, 10:38:45 AM »
Do I need to make a donation in order to download a mod?
If not, I can't seem to find the right screen in order to download them. Can you help ?

Many Thanks

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Downloading Mods
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »
It really depends on where you want to download the mods/cc from. There are many different mods/cc sites.

Some places do ask for donations in order to download files, but there are some free sites you can download mods and cc from. They all have different ways of downloading files.

To find out how to download files from the different mod/cc sites you'll have to go to their support pages. They may have a how to download files or you can ask them through their support.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 07:52:16 AM »
Also, this forum is for the discussion of mods and CC.  None of which is hosted here.  Wasn't sure precisely which way your question was going.

Offline Catseye

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 02:13:24 AM »
Ok it's the first time in awhile since I've played the sims and I'm hoping someone can help... I've never used mods on any of the games I've owned before, and the sims resources has been nirvana for me in terms of new clothes and stuff. Now here's the problem, I have a program called Torch on my laptop and when I got things from the sims resource, the green gem would show up beside whatever CC I wanted to use in the game, after downloading, now the torch symbol shows up and i'm not sure what to do here, since it was never a problem when I played my sims 3. Should I uninstall torch and try to see if that works out or is there something else I need to do because I really want to use all the CC I have so far.

thanks

catseye

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 04:57:46 AM »
Hi @Catseye, welcome to the forum.

I know nothing about Torch so can't advise on that, but I find that organising cc in sub folders inside the main mods folder works fine for me. The main thing to remember is you can only use 1 level of sub folders or the game won't find the cc. So 'mods/hair' is fine but 'mods/hair/female' will cause problems.

There is a mod manager available for sims 4 on Mod the Sims which is useful if you have stuff you don't want available in every game, but it doesn't sound like you need that.

Hope this helps, happy simming.

Offline Catseye

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 09:55:37 AM »
thank you so much @HelenP, I will try this off today since I'm off from work and I will let you know how things work out.

anything