Author Topic: Could not load game due to expansion pack missing?  (Read 2205 times)

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
Could not load game due to expansion pack missing?
« on: December 13, 2010, 09:40:35 PM »
Today, I turned on my computer, only to find that most o the files on it were missing. His included everything from Google Chrome to super important essays. I belive that this was the result of some failed automatic update (ughhh windows 7)  I decided that the most logical option was to restore my computer from a system restore. The most recent one , however was a Sims 3 patch. Considering that I had already checked to see if my dynasty file was gone (bell dynasty, not too far in, but still annoying,) was gone, I thought that I had nothong to lose. I restored my pc, only to have the restore crash. My files, however randomly came back :). I checked the game, and all of my other saves were restored, but of course the only portant one was gone. It said (my file is dynasty.sims3) "dynasty could not be loaded. Expansion pack used wih the file may be missing." tried to restore from backup as the Carl's post suggests, but I had the same error. Another note is that it is grayed out box with a very faint dotted family. It will mo even give me he he kmark to even attempt to load my game. Any help would be greatly apprecoated.

n8thegr8

Ps: this  post is from an ipod touch... Sorry for any typos.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Could not load game due to expansion pack missing?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 01:27:15 AM »
Considering the substantial problems you've just had with your computer in general, I suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the entire game.  Check on our Technical Help board for topics on how to back up your files and correctly do the reinstall.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
Re: Could not load game due to expansion pack missing?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 04:58:21 PM »
The game is working, so I think that all of the system files are there... I think that when I started the system restore, it may have deleted the patch and then reinstalled it. I did try reinstalling the game to no avail, I guess I will just have to start over. At least now I am a little bit wiser about the whole Dynasty.