Author Topic: Sims 4 Input Latency  (Read 4092 times)

Offline Townies

• Nooboo
Sims 4 Input Latency
« on: June 21, 2017, 08:54:59 PM »
Hey everyone , i'm coming here to hopefully get some help on something that actually bothers me a lot especially lately.

I already tried a complete reset of the game and also a clean install , it didnt work at all.

My issue is that all of my sims have huge input lag , aka when i tell them to do something , they just stand there for like 10 seconds and basicly just wait for something and then move all of a sudden. This gets a lot worse the bigger the household is.

I have heard that this is sometimes related to inventory causing input lag but emptying it did not fix anything.

My PC settings are an i7 2600 with 3.4GHZ and as graphic card i'm using an Nvidia GTX760 so this is probably not related to that.

Am i the only one having that issue is it a "common" thing to have and there is no particular way to fix it ?

Thanks a lot in advance and have a good night or evening : )

Also as additional info i'm not using any mod right now as i tried a complete reset again , issue still persists

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Input Latency
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 09:39:15 PM »
In the post linked below are some tips to relieve freezing and lag.

Relieving Freezing and Lag
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg426179#msg426179
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Townies

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »
Hey and thanks to you for your answer , however the issue here is not an FPS issue or a freezing issue , its just an input issue which causes the action to be delayed even tho the game is still going , as an example i could say for example that i decide to give my sim some food , he'll sit there for 10 seconds or less and then start eating , when i tell the parents to pick up the toddler , they'll stay there for a good 5-10 seconds and then start going to him and pick him up , the game however has no FPS lags or anything , its only the input that is kinda delayed , in game time keeps going and i see the sim simply waiting before moving for some reasons , i do appreciate your help though !

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 10:01:17 PM »
If none of the tips for lagging issues in the link posted above aren't helping, then you may need to contact EA's customer support to see if they can help.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Townies

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 10:03:13 PM »
Alright i'll try those first anyway before contacting EA about it , thanks a lot for the help i appreciate it !

Offline angelD

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 03:44:47 AM »
Alright i'll try those first anyway before contacting EA about it , thanks a lot for the help i appreciate it !
This happens in my game quite often. You will have to reset the sim using opening up the cheat console (Ctrl+Shift+C  testingcheats true, press enter) then resetSim sim name then enter. The sim name has to be exact so Henry Smith and not henry smith.

anything