Author Topic: Detective Career: What do you do with the extra evidence from cases?  (Read 5058 times)

Offline lilmary663

• Nooboo
My sim (her name is Izabella) is currently a detective, and after every case I have a few pieces of crime scene evidence left over. My question is, what do you guys do with it? Do you always analyze and enter all evidence even though you don't need to for every case? Or do you just delete it? I would love a mod that allows my sims to enter/analyze evidence at home to get promoted faster.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Detective Career: What do you do with the extra evidence from cases?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 11:49:58 AM »
Welcome to the forum! I always delete the evidence after a case is finished. You don't need to analyze everything -- I think the number of clues you can get is limited to 6.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 06:17:47 PM »
if you keep it weirdly enough it is valid for the next crime scene making it so you don't need to travel to collect anymore evidence. Just don't analyze it until you have started the next case. I always hang on to the extra and often collect as much as I can from the first crime scene meaning that subsequent crimes can be solved a lot quicker and without any loading screens!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 08:14:14 PM »
My sim (her name is Izabella) is currently a detective, and after every case I have a few pieces of crime scene evidence left over. My question is, what do you guys do with it? Do you always analyze and enter all evidence even though you don't need to for every case? Or do you just delete it? I would love a mod that allows my sims to enter/analyze evidence at home to get promoted faster.
@lilmary663
The Scientist career's Chemical Lab is the same machine used in the Detective career for analyzing evidence.
While playing an Immortal Dynasty Challenge, I discovered that my Gen7 detective could use his Scientist great-great-grandfather's chemical analyzer to analyze evidence he brought home.
Normally, only a scientist can use the Chemical Lab but, for some reason, my detective could also use it. Very handy when having gathered evidence near the end of a work shift.
This worked for me last year, however, so I'm not certain if it still works like this.