Author Topic: The O'Neil Immortal Dynasty [Updated 7/3]  (Read 6556 times)

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
Re: The O'Neil Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 05:33:10 AM »
Chapter Five: Summer Of Love

My family has always seemed a little different.  It's not the big fancy house, there are some of those in every neighborhood.  It's not the high-end jobs, or being skilled, or...well, it's a little bit of over-achieving.  No, it's more that we're connected in ways most other sims aren't, both with each other and with other families.  The first major difference I noticed was in primary school, when I found out I was the only kid who had Uncles who lived at home.  Uncle Hugo married his high school sweetheart, but things never quite worked out between them.  Three kids later, and Aunt Cassie had finally had enough.

"I don't care if you ARE a Celebrity Chef!  Birthdays and Holidays aren't enough, our kids spend more time with their cousins then you, and I never get to see you!  We are THROUGH!"

"Seriously?  You, are leaving me, after how much I've worked for this family?  I'll see you in court, don't think for a minute you'll be rid of me so easily, or that OUR kids won't be in MY life!"

Uncle Hugo's had a rough time of it, being a Celebrity isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Gramma J's told me some crazy stories about her Bridgeport days, and her former spouses.  I think under the radar suits me just fine.  But normalcy isn't the only life-lesson I've learned this summer.  The other, more important one, is that relationships are complicated...and alcohol doesn't help things.  Uncle Hugo was the baseline for the second part of that.  My other Uncles, Max and JC, work together at SpaceY.  They have a co-worker who is roommates with Uncle Hugo.  Apparently, Summer and Liberty are my newest Aunties, though they're dating each other, not Uncle Hugo.  Something about him being their doner...

Uncles are cool and all, but Aunties are the best.  I like my Mom well enough, but there are a lot of things I can't ask an Elder Councilperson.  It could 'hurt her campaign'.  Lots of things could hurt her campaign, like divorcing my forever unemployed father.  Or if I was to go out partying, or do something to embarrass her while with my friends, or even my so-called cross-dressing.  I don't really care if some sims think I'm a boy, my girlfriend like me the way I am.

Uncle JC got married this summer too, to the neighbor girl who's a year below him.  He proposed at my Cousin Kellie Goth's teenage birthday, right after he cut off most of his hair.  Sometimes it seems like it's all birthdays, marriages and babies with this family.  Just one more thing to mark us as different from the other families in San Myshuno I guess.

Gramma J's new hubby was really disappointed about Aunt Gabby moving in, something about the house being too full for a nooboo.  They fought about it for a good bit, and have been sleeping in different rooms.  He's seeing a marriage therapist about it three days a week, and seems to really like Dr. Pancakes.

We had a little family mediation with the Goth's.  Most awkward dinner ever.  Uncle JC ended up behind the property fishing, Mom posed with baby Tracie for work, Gramma J and Gramma Bella fought.  Kellie and I mostly stayed on our phones, trying to ignore how insane our families are.

I think Aunt Cassie might be getting remarried as soon as the divorce is finalized.  Gramma J says it's in the cards for her and Don, something about their complicated past.  I guess they've been together before or something.

I guess it doesn't really matter how different my family is.  It's nice living with three uncles, an aunt and my grandparents.  I have my own room, which is more then any of my cousins can say.  I also get to live in San Myshuno, and with so many people living in the house no one really notices when Maki is around, which is just great, cause I really don't want another WooHoo talk.  I mean, it's not like we can get each other pregnant or anything.

Still, family is important.  I think I'll try to spend more time with my cousins.  Kellie and I are the only teens, so I'll send her some heart-warming texts full of encouragement.  I'm sure she'll appreciate them.

School is starting again soon, and I'll be a senior this year.  I'm not really sure what I'll do after school yet, but one thing is for sure.  I, Elena Villareal, Am going to kill it.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The O'Neil Immortal Dynasty [Updated 7/3]
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 11:32:30 AM »
I love Elena! She's confident and as well-dressed as I wish I was. Though I forgot she was a household member...stupid of me because Luna had no other choice that way. :P

And I knew that Diego would sow his seed. Through extra-long therapy sessions or otherwise. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The O'Neil Immortal Dynasty [Updated 7/3]
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 12:51:47 AM »
This is so good! I really hope there's more to come. I love your approach to telling the story through various narrators and sources. Everyone except the mysterious founder herself! Elena is my favorite so far, but everyone's got their own side and it's fascinating.