Author Topic: Her Lasting Legacy- 20th December.. Final Chapters Up! Story is now complete  (Read 27075 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Her Lasting Legacy- 15 September Update
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2017, 01:09:12 PM »
Does anyone else think the masked woman could be Nina? The lips look right, but, I have been known to be wrong often lol

And, what's with the face masks? Are they some kind of anti-vamp cult or something? I could understand if it was a religious thing, but, I doubt a llama mask is religious lol
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: Her Lasting Legacy- 15 September Update
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2017, 02:48:47 AM »
@Magpie2012 - haha!!! You have me smiling at your comments! Especially the  religious thing!! Sorry though.. can't answer any of your questions.. might give the story away  ;)

@oshizu - I'm so pleased you like being in suspense! haha As I have a very important question to ask everyone, so I now can almost assume what your answer will be

@FrancescaFiori - I always disliked Dina, I'm sad to say. In my very first story and attempt at a legacy (way before the Immortal Dynasty for Sims 4 was born) I had a  couple that we devoted to each other and Dina just kept showing up! Every single time they were romantic or just chatting, she would always walk up to them, stand by their side waiting or just butt into the conversation.. I got so annoyed with her that I started to delete he every time I started a new file! hahaha.. luckily I thought I'd give her another shot  ;D

VOTE

I have finished this story, but after reading it again.. I'm not happy with how quickly I finished it. I want to go into a bit more depth and to do that, it means I have to play the file some more and then write some more pages.. so here is where the vote comes in..

I can either:

1: Post two more updates that I am happy with .. but it will leave you all with quite a cliffhanger and you will have to wait a while until I play/write the rest

OR

2: I don't post anything for a couple of weeks and then post every couple of days once I'm happy with my rework..

Up to you guys!

Happy Simming!!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Her Lasting Legacy- A Vote Needed - not an update
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2017, 06:54:41 AM »
Can I please vote for a 3rd option? Would you consider posting a completed update a week while you finish playing then the last updates when you are done? That way I get my fix of Dina & co and the suspence is continued for a while longer.

However, I totally understand if life and writing don't work that way for you, in which case I'll go for option 2.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2017, 08:48:43 AM »
I'll go for option 2. My reason is that of a writer -- the further you go in one direction, the harder it's going to be to re-adjust. So take the time now, and we'll wait.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2017, 11:41:22 AM »
I also cast my vote for option 2.
Take your time and craft the narrative that satisfies you.
I don't mind waiting at all, knowing that you will be back with more. XD

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2017, 12:53:17 PM »
I'm going to be difficult and vote for option 1. I mean, I hate cliffhangers, but I kind of love to hate cliffhangers, you know what I mean?

Whatever you decide, I'm looking forward to reading it!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2017, 07:54:14 AM »
Thank you so much guys for you support! I think I should be able to do what @HelenP suggested.. option 3.. One chapter a week. I've written and played a fair bit today so it might be a bit quicker than I thought.. if real life doesn't get in the way! haha

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2017, 07:37:05 AM »
So I get here just in time to cast my vote for Option 3 as well lol

Second would have been Option 1, since I'm a sucker for cliffhangers, even if, as @FrancescaFiori says, it's a love-hate relationship

Glad I could make you laugh :-) sometimes I just don't know what would be the PC thing to say, so I tend to go with exactly how it played out in my head (not always with success I might add lol)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2017, 02:26:53 AM »
I suddenly feel my hand being grabbed by another, for a split second I am terrified, until I recognise every single detail of that hand, and I smile

“Let’s get out of here” He whispers

I am wondering where we are going at such speed and then suddenly..

1.jpg

“Cel.. e…brate… good times.. COME ON!”

I am so overcome with laughter and happiness I don’t even know how I am supposed to respond to his terrible singing! I laugh quietly to myself

2.jpg

I can’t help but be grateful that he is terrible at something

3.jpg

“So should I join a band or just go straight to the solo career?” Caleb jokes

I just stare at him.. his beauty, his kindness and I feel such a rush of emotions that I can’t even respond to his joking

“What is it?” He stares at me with concern “Are you ok? Is everything alright?.. talk to me My Love”

It then that I know that words could no longer describe how I feel about him, there is nothing that I could say or do that could help him understand the power and strength behind my emotions and my love

He tilts his head in confusion, I smile inwardly because I know that it isn’t often that I am lost for words. So I do the only thing I can think of..

4.jpg

We are having such a romantic moment and I am lost inside it for such a long time, but for some reason I look up and I’m shocked.. Is this real?

5.jpg

I pull myself away from his embrace and stare at the mirror again.. I am POSITIVE I have seen his reflection in the mirror before, why is there nothing there now?

“You are starting to worry me my wife.. you have been silent and still for a while now and I am at a loss as how to explain it” Caleb looks at me with confusion and a question

How do I explain the love and the fear that is conflicting my emotions?

I do the only thing I can think of.. I tell him that I HATE his singing..

He roars with laughter

6.jpg

“Then let us retire to our final destination for the evening”  He responds

I close my eyes and within moments we are here

7.jpg

Oh this is perfect.. I am also extremely surprised.. the bluff is usually pumping with dance parties at this time of night. I look around and it’s only us.. just Caleb and I.. so I think again.. this is perfection.

I turn around to thank Caleb and I see that he is attempting a fire again

8.jpg

I would have laughed out loud if it hadn’t of been so romantic

9.jpg

I try to put into words how much I love him and how happy I am.. but every time I think that I can articulate it, I forget the words

“My beautiful and amazing wife” Caleb stares at me “I need you to know that I have never loved a single being in my entire existence as much as  I love you” His eyes begin to water “I was aware that I loved you, I would never have married you otherwise.. but this fear in my heart.. this dread I feel that I am going to miss you, that our time together will never be long enough.. it's like someone has cut off my arm. It is terrifying”

I begin to respond, but he continues

“I am desperate for you to believe in my love for you. I need you to know that. You are carrying my son, and my gratitude and love will be overflowing for eternity. Thank you Dina White” Caleb leans in and kisses my hands

“Come my love, let us look at the stars”

10.jpg

I want to respond to his romantic and incredibly raw words, but nothing comes to mind that can truly respect how I feel, so I roll over to kiss him and … OWWWWWWWWWWW!!  O M G… I’m not kidding…  OWWWWW!!  I am not sure I can even breath.. Is someone actually sitting on my stomach and stabbing me??? This is TORTURE!!

“What is it? Dina?? What is it?” Is it our Son??” Caleb jumps up

I stare at him from the ground.. Does he honestly think I can get up from here by myself?

“Oh Dina, I’m sorry.. I’m already failing you” He quickly reaches down and grabs my hand and pulls me up…

Then he starts to panic again..

11.jpg

WATCHER'S NOTE

Only a short but sweet update  :D Will post another one next week!

Happy Simming Everyone

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Her Lasting Legacy- 25th September Update
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2017, 01:53:18 PM »
*swoon*
Man, I want a vampire boyfriend! This was beautiful and a joy to read. They're so devoted to each other it melts my heart.

And super-smooth Caleb singing karaoke and then panicking about the baby is just adorable.

So excited for the nooboo!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2017, 02:45:49 PM »
It is so heart-warming that Dina and Caleb are so deeply in love!
Dina always feels reassured whenever Caleb reveals one of his unpolished sides but, girl, have more confidence in yourself.
You are a knock-out, Dina! I have never, ever seen you looking as gorgeous!

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2017, 02:52:09 AM »
@FrancescaFiori - Thank you so much for your kind words!! Let's hope you still feel the same about everything after you read the next update..  ;)

@oshizu  - Dina really is one of the prettiest Townies I have ever come across! I love picking different outfits and hairstyles for her!! Thank you so much for reading and commenting on all my updates, it means so much...

So next update is coming up.. NOW!

The Begining of the End

We make it home in what feels like seconds and then the real pain begins.. I think briefly that perhaps I should be in a hospital, but Caleb and Lilith assure me that this is the safest place to be to bring a little Vampire into the world

1.jpg

I can feel them watching me, but I am in so much pain all I can concentrate on is remembering to breath

2.jpg

“Can you feel him Lilith?” Caleb whispers

Lilith closes her eyes and waits.. “Yes.. there he is..” she responds

3.jpg

My son.. I can’t stop looking at his perfect little body, his soft and squishy little fingers and toes.. and the love… everyone tells  you that it’s a powerful thing, different to what you feel for your partner.. but nobody prepared me for this rush of absolute obsession

4.jpg

I just love him so much!!!

“We must remove these disgraceful garments at once! My son can not gaze on me for the first time and see me wearing .. this!”

Lilith stares at Caleb in shock, of all the things to be concerned about at the moment.. “Seriously?” She says under her breath. Then she turns towards Dina

5.jpg

“Dina my sweet girl, why don’t you rest awhile now that he is born. I can not imagine how exhausted you are right now, a sleep would be prudent don’t you think?” Lilith smiles awkwardly at Dina

I give her my best “Are you Crazy?? Leave my baby now?” Look

6.jpg

Lilith sighs “I apologise, of course you would rather be here for his first feed and his first change.. but we have a very important tradition within our family that I think my brother neglected to inform you about” She glares at Caleb

I keep looking at her waiting for her to continue

“It is tradition that the Father feed and change the baby first, in fact, the father must do all of the first things for the entire 24 hours of the boy’s initial day” She looks at Dina with a small smile

7.jpg

It takes me a while to respond to what she is saying. I know that Caleb has the right to hold and feed my boy first, but I just wish I was more prepared for it.. that I knew it was coming. I feel like this crushing blow will cause me to cry uncontrollably, until I turn and see my husband and my son together

8.jpg

9.jpg

Pure love, Pure happiness.. who am I to take that away from him

“See?” Lilith interrupts Dina’s thoughts “He is already asleep!”

10.jpg

I see that she is right and I suddenly feel the weight of my day and night. Of course she is right, I should definitely get some sleep

11.jpg

*********************************************************************************************************

“You almost DESTROYED EVERYTHING!” Caleb bellowed with anger

12.jpg

Lilith shrinks back in terror “I am sorry Caleb, I truly am!”

13.jpg

“You were just lucky that I was able to get to my son in time. You were to ensure that she only held him the once Lilith..” Caleb looks down at his feet.

Lilith could see him trying to compose himself and control his temper. When he looked up again, his demeanour had changed and his elation was obvious

“I did it.. I am sure of it now.. after all these years, all of these decades.. “ He starts to smile

14.jpg

Lilith walks towards Caleb hesitantly “May I please go Caleb?” She pleads “You promised me, it is the only thing that I have asked”

Caleb looks up from the bassinet and nods

“Stand there Lilith, I need to release you” Caleb begins the ritual

15.jpg

“Lilith Vatore, I hereby release you” Caleb commands

Lilith rises into the air

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

“It is done” Caleb says

Lilith begins to leave when Caleb calls to her

“Lilith.. you must tell her… you must tell her that I love her” He stares at Lilith

“I will Caleb.. I will tell her everything” And with that.. Lilith runs

19.jpg

*WATCHERS NOTE

Please don't hate me!! I know you will have a load of questions, and they all will be answered I promise!! It will be another week though until I post again.. and just to rub things in... I'll be posting from a beach in Fiji!!  ::)

Thank you all again for your incredible support and for reading

Happy Simming!!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Her Lasting Legacy- 2 October Update
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2017, 10:15:56 AM »
Cliffhangers and Fiji, what a combination.  Hope you have a great time.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2017, 10:21:25 AM »
Of course, you leave us even more mystified than before.
Caleb, what the heck are you up to?

Enjoy your trip to Fiji, watcher! <3

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2017, 01:27:51 AM »
@HelepP - Always enjoy a bit of both cliffhangers AND Fiji!! Am having a lovely time.. thank you!

@oshizu - Loving my trip so far, thank you! and yes.. mystification has begun!!  ;)

Next update coming up now!