Author Topic: Simbot Opportunity and Palladium  (Read 14757 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Simbot Opportunity and Palladium
« on: December 11, 2010, 03:49:49 AM »
I've never made a Simbot before, so I'm going to try. I just have a few questions.

Does your Sim have to be level 10 of inventing, or level 10 of the inventing career?

Does the palladium need to be smelted to create a Simbot?

Once you get the 'Create a master invention' opportunity, do the four parts to the opportunity run smoothly? (For example, do you deliver the palladium, then the opportunity to deliver the life fruit comes up straight away; or do you have to wait a while before the opportunity appears?)

I got the opportunity to take palladium to the Science Facility, but I don't think it was called the Master Invention Opportunity - does this opportunity lead to a Simbot being created, or will it just take my palladium?

If you are to create a second or third Simbot, do you need to wait for the opportunity to arise again, or are you able to make a Simbot as you wish?

I'm sorry if this is already mentioned in a thread - I couldn't find an answer anywhere.
And thank you very much in advance!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Simbot Opportunity and Palladium
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 03:57:40 AM »
Does your Sim have to be level 10 of inventing, or level 10 of the inventing career?

Level 10 of the Inventing skill.  Career doesn't matter.

Does the palladium need to be smelted to create a Simbot?

No, raw palladium is fine.

Once you get the 'Create a master invention' opportunity, do the four parts to the opportunity run smoothly? (For example, do you deliver the palladium, then the opportunity to deliver the life fruit comes up straight away; or do you have to wait a while before the opportunity appears?)

They come up one right after another.  If you happen to already have all the required items in your inventory, your Sim can just turn right around and go back into the Science Center for the next step.

I got the opportunity to take palladium to the Science Facility, but I don't think it was called the Master Invention Opportunity - does this opportunity lead to a Simbot being created, or will it just take my palladium?

This is probably the SimBot opportunity chain.  I don't recall any other reason for taking palladium to the Science Center.

If you are to create a second or third Simbot, do you need to wait for the opportunity to arise again, or are you able to make a Simbot as you wish?

The opportunity will not appear again.  You only need to have the items in your inventory to make more SimBots.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 04:00:54 AM »
Thank you so much Pam!

Oh my, I've been waiting to get to level 10 of the inventing career - no wonder I've never been able to create them before  :D

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »
Another thing to keep in mind about the SimBot opportunity is that, as I understand it, this opportunity is currently bugged in Bridgeport.  While I don't have LN just yet, so I can't say for sure, what I hear is that you'll never get the call.  Anywhere else it will still work, though.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

rhodalle

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 02:50:57 PM »
I was under the impression you had to register as self employed as an inventor to get the opportunity!! If you leave the self employed inventor career I'm assuming that you have to work your way back up the 10 levels from ground zero with funds? I'm currently a fourth dimensional architect. Even after achieving the status, I had the ability to get another 60,000 simoleons for a promotion, and even after that, I've gotten the ability to get another 80,000... (probably just a normal part of the game) As I'm at level 10 my status doesn't change from fourth dimensional architect... so do I have to max out fund "promotions" to get the call to donate palladium? And these numbers don't -exactly- match some guides I've seen online. some say 60 thousand is the cap, others 88?  How high up can I still get "promotions"? Is it until I haven't made all the achievements for certain numbers of toys, widgets, etc? Lastly, every time there's a celebration in my honor there's no gathering at the courthouse. I show up, nothing happens, and it says I missed the event... My fame opportunities are progressing, but since becoming a fourth dimensional architect I have gotten no phone call. Is it too soon to expect it? Tried "testingcheatsenabled true" to spawn a career opportunity from my mailbox, courthouse, science lab (as I'm self employed and it's the "location of work") but it just asks if I want to destroy the building if it's not my mailbox... supposedly you can spawn opportunities, but testingcheatsenabled true seems to allow the known mailbox options/teleport by clicking on open space... yet no career stuff. Will I have to quit and start over to get the call if the opportunity doesn't show up or if I can't spawn it with testinghceatsenabled? I do hope that what Hosfac said isn't an inescapable fact for all LN players, because I currently run the expansion pack without the last patches. ...Sorry for a long question! I figured all relevant details would be useful in getting a sure answer! Thanks!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 04:07:28 PM »
I was under the impression you had to register as self employed as an inventor to get the opportunity!! If you leave the self employed inventor career I'm assuming that you have to work your way back up the 10 levels from ground zero with funds? I'm currently a fourth dimensional architect. Even after achieving the status, I had the ability to get another 60,000 simoleons for a promotion, and even after that, I've gotten the ability to get another 80,000... (probably just a normal part of the game) As I'm at level 10 my status doesn't change from fourth dimensional architect... so do I have to max out fund "promotions" to get the call to donate palladium? And these numbers don't -exactly- match some guides I've seen online. some say 60 thousand is the cap, others 88?  How high up can I still get "promotions"? Is it until I haven't made all the achievements for certain numbers of toys, widgets, etc? Lastly, every time there's a celebration in my honor there's no gathering at the courthouse. I show up, nothing happens, and it says I missed the event... My fame opportunities are progressing, but since becoming a fourth dimensional architect I have gotten no phone call. Is it too soon to expect it? Tried "testingcheatsenabled true" to spawn a career opportunity from my mailbox, courthouse, science lab (as I'm self employed and it's the "location of work") but it just asks if I want to destroy the building if it's not my mailbox... supposedly you can spawn opportunities, but testingcheatsenabled true seems to allow the known mailbox options/teleport by clicking on open space... yet no career stuff. Will I have to quit and start over to get the call if the opportunity doesn't show up or if I can't spawn it with testinghceatsenabled? I do hope that what Hosfac said isn't an inescapable fact for all LN players, because I currently run the expansion pack without the last patches. ...Sorry for a long question! I figured all relevant details would be useful in getting a sure answer! Thanks!

First of all, welcome to the forum!
Secondly, you don't need to be self-employed as an inventor. You just need to reach level 10 of the skill and discover all other inventions. The game will notify you with a pop-up that you'll have to wait for a phone call from the science facility to unlock the master invention - otherwise the SimBot. It hasn't anything to do with opportunities you receive from rabbit-hole careers and/or jobs from professions. It's classified as a skill opportunity, not a work one, so be sure to keep that spot free and not to miss your call. I got the opportunity nearly 3-4 days after getting the notification from the game.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

rhodalle

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 08:49:57 PM »
Oh, thanks for the warm welcome! And that's good news for me... :) Your way makes it a lot less complicated... if that's true I missed the call long ago, ignoring them to make enough inventions to max my career... EESH! Should have done the research before I just started messing around, but a lot of folks do make it sound like you have to join the career, and you are the first who put it so simply. Thank you! As for the LN glitch, guess I'll just cross my fingers, keep waiting, and hope I get the call again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 11:26:22 PM »
You're welcome! You could always move your Sim family to another town (Sunset Valley, for example) for a short period of time, just to get the call.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 12:33:10 AM »
Even if you ignore a phone call, it will still pop up for you if it's an opportunity.  The only ones you actually miss are the calls from Sims who want to chat.  Opportunity calls don't go away if you don't pick up the phone.  You still get the window to accept or decline the opportunity. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 05:33:07 AM »
Even if you ignore a phone call, it will still pop up for you if it's an opportunity.  The only ones you actually miss are the calls from Sims who want to chat.  Opportunity calls don't go away if you don't pick up the phone.  You still get the window to accept or decline the opportunity. 

Right, but it came with a patch, I can't remember which. I'm sure because when I had only the base game I missed more than a couple of opportunities.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 05:37:47 AM »
Right, but it came with a patch, I can't remember which. I'm sure because when I had only the base game I missed more than a couple of opportunities.

If it came with a patch, it was long ago.  I don't remember missing any opportunities.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 05:43:52 AM »
If it came with a patch, it was long ago.  I don't remember missing any opportunities.

I do and it was like this when World Adventures patch came out.

Offline Sita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 08:47:24 PM »
My Sim has the palladium, and has taken it repeatedly to the Science building. There is a little timer on the building, and from that it appears he is fulfilling the Opportunity, until he comes back out and still has the palladium in his pocket, and the opportunity button to turn in the palladium still shows as live.

So my question is, is this opportunity broken? AM I ever going to be able to get him to make a robot? Will he ever be able to fulfil his lifetime want or do I just write this off as yet another broken thing in the Sims 3?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 08:59:59 PM »
Is the building you're trying to turn it into a combined rabbit hole - meaning it has more than one purpose like science & medical?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Sita

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »
No, Ricalynn, it's a straight Science Facility.

BUT having gone off and played something else for a few days, the opportunity WORKED today! He's able to move onto the next step. If only I can work out where to find Life Fruit in Lucky Palms!