Author Topic: Obsession with toddler beds  (Read 3155 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Obsession with toddler beds
« on: May 09, 2017, 10:06:31 PM »
In my current game, teens and older (including the nannies) always want to do their sitting down on the toddler beds.

Right now, I'm looking at a teen doing his homework on one of the Comfort +1 toddler beds in his house.
He bypasses the Comfort +8 sofas in the living room and the Comfort +8 dining chairs.
Even when the toddlers are sleeping, teen/adults go in their room to read on their beds, which automatically turns on the bedroom light.

Does this happen to you? If you find it annoying, how do you deal with it?
Any idea why this could be happening? It's not a game-breaker but still a bit of a hassle, hehe.

I guess I should be dismissing the nanny whenever the toddlers sleep...or something.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Obsession with toddler beds
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 04:43:50 AM »
I *think* some of it is to do with the closest suitable object when the action is placed in the queue. Eg. If they are in/near a bedroom when you tell them to eat they will go get food then come back and sit on the bed to eat.  Other times I've seen them go from upstairs to the kitchen (for food) and then to the tv to eat (because it's on). Other times I think they do it just to make us stare and be amazed at the mad things Sims do.  :o

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 08:58:20 AM »
@oshizu My Sims tend to want to be close to the other household members. For instance, if Sim A is working out by the pool outside, Sim B will take their meal or homework to the pool side next to Sim A and sit there doing their things. Same thing if a toddler is sleeping - they sit there for the company. At other times, they just seem to bee-line for the closest sitting surface like @HelenP suggests. Finally and probably most importantly, Sims don't always make sense ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline deenahax

• Llama Wrangler
    • Deena_Hax YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 06:17:36 PM »
I've seen this in my game to and I think @Nindigo is right about it being close to others vs. proximity of the object. I've had sims that were in the kitchen near seating and not too far away from the living room but opted to go upstairs to eat to be closer to other family members. It kinda bugs me since they tend to leave dishes there as well but not too bad.

anything