Author Topic: The Slater Random Legacy Challenge  (Read 4337 times)

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
The Slater Random Legacy Challenge
« on: May 08, 2017, 01:33:00 PM »
Generation 1

My Random Legacy Challenge Family, the first generation. I rolled to have 5 kids!
The sixth was because Kayson and Priya both had a whim to "Try for a Baby" at the same time
after Annabelle aged up from toddler to child. So I said, what the heck and let them do it.

All traits and aspirations for the children were randomized. And I raised 5 kids in a 4 bedroom house
with only 1 bathroom! All of the children have completed their childhood aspirations and all are A students in school.

Kayson and Priya Slater, the founders. Kayson is a wanna be Internet Personality. He thinks his cheerful disposition
will help him go far in that field. He also loves the outdoors and is an extrovert who loves his daytime couples bowling league
called For the Win that has all of his closest friends in it.

Priya had a hard time settling down and finding her true passion in life besides her family. She tried out several careers
before deciding she wanted to put her creativeness to use as a painter. The Entertainer, Chef, Critic and internet personality
careers were just not her thing. She loves her big family and especially loves tidying up after them.

Kayson Slater: Cheerful, Insider, Loves the Outdoors
Social Media: Internet Personality
Generation Goal: Best Club Ever

Priya Slater: Creative, Family Oriented, Neat
Career Hopper: Entertainer, Social Media, Critic, Culinary, Painter

Clementine Slater, the eldest of the Slater children. She just graduated high school and got an entry level job
as a Social Justice Worker where she campaigns for whatever cause she feels like.

Family Oriented, Neat, Snob

Tallulah Slater, fraternal twin to Ambrose. She's still in high school and is leaning towards becoming a DJ when she graduates.

Insider, Clumsy

Ambrose Slater, fraternal twin to Tallulah Slater. Still in high school and a bit of a neckbeard to be honest. Wants to live at home in the basement after graduation.

Bookworm, Hates Children

Verity Slater, the heir to the Slater legacy. Verity just had her birthday party and started high school.
She faints at the sight of blood, so she knows she won't be a doctor when she grows up. Who knows what the future holds for her as the heir?

Bookworm, Squeamish

Annabelle Slater is still a child in the game. I aged her up to teen for the album.

Slob

Silas Slater is the baby of the family and a very independent toddler at the moment in the game.

The Slater home.

Priya announces their first child to Kayson.

Priya and Kayson teach Tallulah and Ambrose the basics.

Verity was a wild toddler and ran around naked all the time!

Verity caught me taking a picture.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Slater Random Legacy Challenge
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 02:44:28 PM »
What a gorgeous family! And look at them adorable toddlers!
I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions, because I've never played a Random Legacy. Here goes!

Q1:  Did you start with a single founder or a founder couple?
Q2:  How do you decide which child will be the next heir? Is there an overall succession law? Verity is gorgeous and I love her toddler shot, too!
Q3:  Will you host house tours in the future? Love the house's facade. (Oops, this is more of a request than a question...)

I think you are so brave to be doing a random legacy! I tried once but, for Gen1, I rolled something like "only do daily tasks if they appear in a whim." I quit immediately.
Best wishes with your legacy!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jillz

• Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 02:53:44 PM »

Q1:  Did you start with a single founder or a founder couple?
Yes, I rolled to start out with a couple as founders. I picked random sims from the Gallery I think and then made sure they didn't come with any pre-existing skills. I also tried to go for looks I don't normally use.

Q2:  How do you decide which child will be the next heir? Is there an overall succession law? Verity is gorgeous and I love her toddler shot, too!
The family had 6 children so I had my husband roll a six sided die, I decided to keep everything as random as possible because I often get bored with legacies about halfway through. I was happy Verity was picked though because I think she has a nice blend of features between her parents.

Q3:  Will you host house tours in the future? Love the house's facade. (Oops, this is more of a request than a question...)
Haha I can put up some shots of the house. It was small but comfy and I expanded it a bit but not that much since it was only generation 1 and money was tight.

I actually just bulldozed and upgraded to a slightly bigger house with 2 bathrooms! What a luxury!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 03:21:00 PM »

Q2: I giggled that you had your husband roll for the heir. That's one way to ensure your personal preferences don't sway the choice!
Q3: I wrote "house in the future," because I thought you'd prefer to give a tour when the family was wealthier. Even 2 bathrooms with such a large household must be crazy!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 08:26:57 PM »
What a great start, and a very attractive family!

Can I ask what randomizer you're using? I really like the idea; it adds a little more excitement and unpredictability to a challenge that can get to be a bit of a grind. I've looked around and found a couple of things, but one seems to be out of commission so I'm very interested to hear how you're doing it.

Offline jillz

• Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 08:27:49 PM »
Can I ask what randomizer you're using?

Thank you so much! I'm using this http://modthesims.info/t/534066 and I just use random.org to roll the numbers. Gen 2 is a young adult now and the family is down to only 5 people and I have 2 bathrooms now!

anything