Author Topic: Sims 4 unplayable :(  (Read 2044 times)

Offline carolmalb

• Nooboo
Sims 4 unplayable :(
« on: May 06, 2017, 11:21:14 AM »
Hey guys. I've installed sims 4 + expansion packs (get to work, get together and city living) on my pc without any problems. Except when I actually play the game it has SO MUCH lag. I don't know what to do. It sucks really, because the sims take double the time to do whatever they're doing. And if they're working on a career and I have to go with them to work the time gets all messed up (for example, they supposedly leave work at 6pm but only get out at 10pm, but when they get home it's 6pm - it's really confusing I know). Is there any thing I can do to solve this? 😞
My pc specs: Toshiba satellite C850D AMD E1 - 1200 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.40 GHz 4,00GB RAM 64bits

Hope you can help me!!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 unplayable :(
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 03:05:26 PM »
Just by the specs that you've shared, it's under minimum specs for the game (processor wise.) Plus only having 4GB memory with 64-bit windows is asking for problems. It really needs 8GB memory so you have memory for both windows and the game to run.

There may not be much you can do other than try uninstalling everything and running only base game with low settings. Even then you may still run into a lot of issues like crashing and lag.

Laptops cannot be upgraded. Other than memory and hard drive. But it's not worth doing that with this laptop. As it wouldn't make a difference, because it has a low-grade video card only capable of low settings.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.